Server time (UTC): 2019-06-16, 23:58
Sign in to follow this  
Hollows

[Open Frequency/14.9hz] Celebration of Ramadan

Posted (edited)

*Assad sits comfortably in his evening robes in his office, having finished his fasting and praying a few hours earlier. He presses his PTT while reading from a script before him in a thick Takistani accent. Some other men in the a seperate room begin to play with a generator and a small broadcaster box to roll footage to anyone with power and a screen of an execution scene.*

"Good morning to all who is tuned into this broadcast on this holy event of celebration in Islam. For those who are currently out of the know, we have just begun Ramadan. Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar where we focus on sawm, or fasting, reflection, community and prayer. As the Safir for Jaysh Allah, I'd like to express my gratitude to my fellow Muslim brothers and neighbors, and out of respect to the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, would encourage others to tune into this frequency as often as possible for Ramadan updates, including our call to prayer when the time(s) arrive from our Imams.

In Jaysh Allah controlled South Zagoria, we will do away with the Gregorian calendar most of you are aware of, and replace it with the Hilāl, or Islamic Calendar where the current year is 1440. I'd like to remind those around the region that as a member of the Hisbah, we will be enforcing the strict fasting policy as well as encouraging additional acts of charity in celebration of this holy event. Anyone found to be engaging in physical conflict which draws blood will be dealt with by me personally, and made an example of. I'd also advise anyone who comes across the Torah, the "Holy" book of Judaism, or the Bible to burn it accordingly. The Caliph has enacted a decree banning it permanently. Punishment for failure to abide by this decree will be multiplied tenfold.

Lastly, I'd like to address any inevitable future "radio warriors" who will be wanting to comment on this frequency. We possess plenty of ears throughout the lands. Allah, as well as us will know your voice, and those you believe to be friends will turn you in out of fear or respect. Hold your tongue, because regardless of the calendar event or year, Hisbas are tasked by Allah directly to execute his will against sinful behavior. Do not paint a target on yourselves. Tusbih ealaa khayrin."

*He stops pressing his PTT and moves into his bed to get what rest he can before the morning call to prayer.*

Spoiler

*To anyone with access to a functional computer or television, one might have the opportunity to catch this weakened broadcasted video. If no television is available, the audio can be heard through the radio transmission.*

Edited by Hollows

*Abu stops eating his feast he prepared and grabs his radio*

"I wish peace to all my brothers out there. Find comfort during this holy month. And dont forget to properly break the fast at night! Don't want you to get sick! Allahu Akbar!

Posted (edited)

*Ahmed turns on his radio and begins to sing and call for prayer*

Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar!
Ashhadu an la ilaha illa Allah. Ashhadu an la ilaha illa Allah.
Ashadu anna Muhammadan Rasool Allah. Ashadu anna Muhammadan Rasool Allah.
Hayya 'ala-s-Salah. Hayya 'ala-s-Salah.
Hayya 'ala-l-Falah. Hayya 'ala-l-Falah.
Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar!
La
ilaha illa Allah.

*He repeats the message in English and sings as he stands in the soon to be mosque surrounded by his brothers and new people that are praying*

God is Great! God is Great! God is Great! God is Great!
I bear witness that there is no god except the One God.
I bear witness that there is no god except the One God.
I bear witness that Muhammad is the messenger of God.
I bear witness that Muhammad is the messenger of God.
Hurry to the prayer. Hurry to the prayer.
Hurry to salvation. Hurry to salvation.
God is Great! God is Great!
There is no god except the One God.

*Ahmed recites a final prayer and you can hear many people repeat it*

Ya Allah let my death only reach me when you have forgiven my sins and are pleased with me

*Ahmed hooks up his cassette player he has in his backpack and Jaysh Allahs nasheed begins to play*

*the radio broadcast ends*

Edited by Diamond

A chernarussian voice would respond.

"Allahduliah."

She places her radio down before inhaling in her cigarette.

*Mikola presses his PTT*

"Ramadan these fucking nuts you fucking takis, go back to your desert"

"Slava Chernarus"

*He releases the PTT*

*Fionn holds PTT*

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. 

The Holy Crusades are coming! DEUS VULT!

*Releases*

"Uhm
Ramadan started a month ago...
Y'all are late to your own celebrations.
In fact, it ends tomorrow, cause Eid starts and the fasting is over...

Jesus y'all must be fake ass Muslims... don't even know your own customs and shit
"

*Assad chuckles into his PTT as he responds.*

"According to the calendar equivalent, it is around the month you are familiar with the beginning "May". It's been half a decade nearly since Allah sent this plague upon us to punish man for infidelity, all calendars are going to be different and thoughts of dates will not be the same across the board. According to the Islamic Calendar, the current date should be around the first week of May. Do you have some sort of calendar keeping machine to keep the date exactly as it should be, and if so are you accounting for your leap year?

I didn't realize I was speaking to Chernarus' only exact chronographer."

*He laughs heartily before releasing his PTT.*

"I'm sorry you got caught out in not knowing your own religion...
Also yeah I have this thing called a 'calendar' on me, wasn't hard to find either.
You're a month behind mate.

Ooooh, whats Allah gonna say, he's gonna be mad you missed Ramadan!
"

*Ali would press the PTT*

"Salam, brothers, I am excited to celebrate the beginning of Ramadan with our new found Umma."

"Allahumdillah"

*Ali would release the PTT and begin to pray*