Server time (UTC): 2019-06-19, 20:07
Sign in to follow this  
DStacey

Appeal: Lying in Report 7 Days 10 Points

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): https://www.dayzrp.com/forums/topic/97208-s1-kos-cherno/

Why the verdict is not fair: I did not lie in my report as was claimed. Like I said in my report, we were told that people were being held up in the building. When we got to the building we heard the voice telling people to put their hands up; however, we did not know that they were talking to us. It is not that I did not want to comply. At first, I did not know they were talking to us. When I did realize that I went to put my hands down and comply, but was shot immediately, as you can see in the video that was posted about the report. I was shot as I was lowering my weapon to put my hands up (https://plays.tv/s/ME0QOZpnVC2r). At no point did I lie in my report. The guy that was with us was at our time not known to be an undercover and giving away our exact location over discord while standing right next to us, which I understand is not against server rules, but is a very lousy form of RP for a server that claims to be a serious RP server. Also, it seems that the person in at the bottom of the stairs was never actually pulled into the report. Another person who had limited hours in the server was pulled, but it seems that whoever they were actually weren’t involved with the description they gave of the matter. Therefore, the full story of the report wasn’t even given.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: Also, the person that made the final decision on my appeal is known to be associated with the person that my claim was against. Therefore, I feel that it was unfair that he made the final decision in the appeal. “The House” was disbanded for the focus on hostile RP and staff felt it was important enough to not give them group rights because of their focus on hostility. However, it seems the group has just joined an already approved group and continue to do hostile RP which now gives them group rights so they can pull debatably “good RP” like the situation that they got us into here. You can even hear them in the video they posted about shooting us in the back even before they gave us a chance to comply or even understand that it was them. So as you can see they are still focusing on the aspect of hostility.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: Ban removal

What could you have done better?: I do not know what I could have done better. I did not lie in my report and once I understood they were talking to us, I was not given time to respond. With my understanding of the situation, I thought they were talking to the people who we were told were already being held up in the building.

40 minutes ago, DStacey said:

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): https://www.dayzrp.com/forums/topic/97208-s1-kos-cherno/

Why the verdict is not fair: I did not lie in my report as was claimed. Like I said in my report, we were told that people were being held up in the building. When we got to the building we heard the voice telling people to put their hands up; however, we did not know that they were talking to us. It is not that I did not want to comply. At first, I did not know they were talking to us. When I did realize that I went to put my hands down and comply, but was shot immediately, as you can see in the video that was posted about the report. I was shot as I was lowering my weapon to put my hands up (https://plays.tv/s/ME0QOZpnVC2r). At no point did I lie in my report. The guy that was with us was at our time not known to be an undercover and giving away our exact location over discord while standing right next to us, which I understand is not against server rules, but is a very lousy form of RP for a server that claims to be a serious RP server. Also, it seems that the person in at the bottom of the stairs was never actually pulled into the report. Another person who had limited hours in the server was pulled, but it seems that whoever they were actually weren’t involved with the description they gave of the matter. Therefore, the full story of the report wasn’t even given.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: Also, the person that made the final decision on my appeal is known to be associated with the person that my claim was against. Therefore, I feel that it was unfair that he made the final decision in the appeal. “The House” was disbanded for the focus on hostile RP and staff felt it was important enough to not give them group rights because of their focus on hostility. However, it seems the group has just joined an already approved group and continue to do hostile RP which now gives them group rights so they can pull debatably “good RP” like the situation that they got us into here. You can even hear them in the video they posted about shooting us in the back even before they gave us a chance to comply or even understand that it was them. So as you can see they are still focusing on the aspect of hostility.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: Ban removal

What could you have done better?: I do not know what I could have done better. I did not lie in my report and once I understood they were talking to us, I was not given time to respond. With my understanding of the situation, I thought they were talking to the people who we were told were already being held up in the building.

I would really appreciate it if @Roland could take a look at my appeal, Please.

A separate staff team is reviewing this appeal. Please be patient.

Hello,

A separate team of staff have reviewed this appeal and come to a conclusion.

After reviewing the evidence in the report, it is clear that you lied to us about putting your hands up and complying. You did not, at any point, show any intentions of complying in the video, and you were aiming your gun right up until Zorull shot you, so you were clearly aware that you were being threatened. Because of this, you will continue to serve out the punishment you were given in the report. 

With that, appeal denied.

Signed by: @Onyx, @Derek Steel, @Xehara, @Mademoiselle& @DrMax

As for the involvement of @JimRP in the report, it has been handled internally. However that doesn't discount the accuracy of his verdict.

There was also a call for clarification on 3rd party comms within the report that was missed. There is no rule currently against using 3rd party comms so long as you are not currently a complying or restrained hostage, or have had your radio taken away from you.