Jump to content
Server time (UTC): 2019-07-16, 17:14
Sign in to follow this  
FireDude

The Wedding of Noah and Hope [Date TBD]

Recommended Posts

To be honest unless the characters are extremely influential, a whole even't can't be about one or two people. Events which cater to more people are better because more people feel involved where as this event won't make people feel that way as you may understand. That is why people will try to make it about them and will try and do some hostile RP. Plus the rules you're trying to enforce here for the event are quite unrealistic, you should've followed @Voodoo's advice to be perfectly honest.

Share this post


Link to post

Then I'll make this a final solution then since nobody wants to just have one nice thing and involve everyone. We didn't want 3 pages of arguement. Clearly nobody wants this event and everyone is against a have fun peaceful event for one day. So we're closing the event as their is an overwhelming backlash for using the event page and to have fun. If we went through with it, no one would like it because of their opinions they stated. We're sorry we upset you. We tried to come up with a plan and resolvement and wrote it plethora of times and yet received no PM's of the sort. 

With that...

Event closed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Mademoiselle said:

Then I'll make this a final solution then since nobody wants to just have one nice thing and involve everyone. We didn't want 3 pages of arguement. Clearly nobody wants this event and everyone is against a have fun peaceful event for one day. So we're closing the event as their is an overwhelming backlash for using the event page and to have fun. If we went through with it, no one would like it because of their opinions they stated. We're sorry we upset you. We tried to come up with a plan and resolvement and wrote it a plethora of times and yet received no PM's of the sort. 

With that...

Event closed.

 

While this might be a nice event in your eyes with the rules you're trying to enforce around it, it's still not involving everyone, your rules don't even allow people to talk over each other, let alone shoot at each other or even have any sort of drama (like real weddings!). You can still have the event, it's not about it becoming an official event or about the rule armor -- it's about the RP, isn't it? 

Share this post


Link to post

Geez, well thanks for the beans I guess guys. Sorry people didn't understand that we attempt to involve hostile rp in the event but clearly the page just turned into a diacussion. Sorry our event wasn't up to the community standards. 

 

Again. Clearly the idea RN is that if an event does not allow it to be completely destroyed by hostile groups its a bad event. Sorry if we got anyones hopes up and wasted anyones time. Cause it sure as hell got me. 

Just now, JimRP said:

While this might be a nice event in your eyes with the rules you're trying to enforce around it, it's still not involving everyone, your rules don't even allow people to talk over each other, let alone shoot at each other or even have any sort of drama (like real weddings!). You can still have the event, it's not about it becoming an official event or about the rule armor -- it's about the RP, isn't it? 

If you scrolled up you would notice that we would have allowed both drama, and hostile RP, but the shooting at each other happened every single day, take a break for one event. 

Share this post


Link to post

It is ridiculous the number of people that seem to be refusing to actually read the posts coming from the event organizers.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Mademoiselle said:

So we're closing the event as their is an overwhelming backlash for using the event page and to have fun.

Some people have fun whilst shooting up organised weddings 🤷‍♀️

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, FireDude said:

Geez, well thanks for the beans I guess guys. Sorry people didn't understand that we attempt to involve hostile rp in the event but clearly the page just turned into a diacussion. Sorry our event wasn't up to the community standards. 

 

Again. Clearly the idea RN is that if an event does not allow it to be completely destroyed by hostile groups its a bad event. Sorry if we got anyones hopes up and wasted anyones time. Cause it sure as hell got me. 

If you scrolled up you would notice that we would have allowed both drama, and hostile RP, but the shooting at each other happened every single day, take a break for one event. 

I merely read your rules like a random guest would which prevent any PVP, in character drama, talking over each other and want everyone to be "respectful", no "all white suits" allowed and guns/ammo need to be holstered.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, JimRP said:

I merely read your rules like a random guest would which prevent any PVP, in character drama, talking over each other and want everyone to be "respectful", no "all white suits" allowed and guns/ammo need to be holstered.

I appologize, we haven't updated the rules, dont matter much anynore, but yes, hostile rp is allowed and drama, I stated it above. As well as flexible rp if ya DMed me. I got no dms 

None the less. Event closed. If ya wanna keep talking about how the current rules for events are please make a discussion thread. But remember that we haven't had many real events that were not memes is quite a long time. Sorry our idea wasn't in tune with the community as a whole. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, FireDude said:

I appologize, we haven't updated the rules, dont matter much anynore, but yes, hostile rp is allowed and drama, I stated it above. As well as flexible rp if ya DMed me. I got no dms 

That's the thing, people shouldn't have to DM you about "flexible RP", should just flow naturally. Only rules that should apply to this event are the normal server rules which are enough to protect you already. 

However like @GenjiRP said, I myself would enjoy shooting up an organized wedding. It'd cause chaos and if done correctly I could take you, your bride and your guests as slaves which would make for some interesting RP. I'm telling you that to explain what I'm thinking going to the event, that's from my RP perspective. Others might want to just eat some cake. Others might come for the highschool drama, others might come just to troll (which obv isn't okay but people will still do it) and others will come to just be annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, JimRP said:

That's the thing, people shouldn't have to DM you about "flexible RP", should just flow naturally. Only rules that should apply to this event are the normal server rules which are enough to protect you already. 

However like @GenjiRP said, I myself would enjoy shooting up an organized wedding. It'd cause chaos and if done correctly I could take you, your bride and your guests as slaves which would make for some interesting RP. I'm telling you that to explain what I'm thinking going to the event, that's from my RP perspective. Others might want to just eat some cake. Others might come for the highschool drama, others might come just to troll (which obv isn't okay but people will still do it) and others will come to just be annoying.

I agree, but events dont happen anymore. None the less I stated above, no one knows Iccly about this event unless we told them ICcly, we simply posted this is the event that we made a public radio or placed the papers around the map. We just wanted to make an event, cause we haven't had many player run stuff recently, I apologize for my inability to try and involve everyone who wanted to shoot up the place. 

But yes it would be fun to gun down people at an event, maybe make an event yourself that would revolve around an attack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, FireDude said:

I agree, but events dont happen anymore. None the less I stated above, no one knows Iccly about this event unless we told them ICcly, we simply posted this is the event that we made a public radio or placed the papers around the map. We just wanted to make an event, cause we haven't had many player run stuff recently, I apologize for my inability to try and involve everyone who wanted to shoot up the place. 

But yes it would be fun to gun down people at an event, maybe make an event yourself that would revolve around an attack. 

Actually I agree, we haven't had many events and if you genuinely wanted to make an event there's an infinite amount of possibilities and as much as I am thankful that you are trying to invite the rest of the realm to your wedding, this event still rotates around you and your bride with rules that make it seem as if you're just supposed to go and just pretty much sit and watch (before you update them, dunno after you do). 

If you wanna make an event to involve the whole server, make a festival, host a pub party, host a trading event, host anything but an event which is based around two people. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, JimRP said:

Actually I agree, we haven't had many events and if you genuinely wanted to make an event there's an infinite amount of possibilities and as much as I am thankful that you are trying to invite the rest of the realm to your wedding, this event still rotates around you and your bride with rules that make it seem as if you're just supposed to go and just pretty much sit and watch (before you update them, dunno after you do). 

If you wanna make an event to involve the whole server, make a festival, host a pub party, host a trading event, host anything but an event which is based around two people. 

Appreciate the idea, this event however will not be updated.  A wedding is about 2 people yeah, but the food, music, dancing, maybe a few fistfight of drunken peeps. Everything has the party. Its basicly a big party with 2 head peps, so that's what the event woulda been. So it woulda invoked everyone. 

 

None the less, I won't be continuing this event based on the feedback. 

Share this post


Link to post

dont make an event, just do it ingame with normal rules on a secret place with a secret date, maybe something bad happends maybe not.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, YellowChilli said:

dont make an event, just do it ingame with normal rules on a secret place with a secret date, maybe something bad happends maybe not.

Or on a private server :trolle:

Share this post


Link to post

Here’s a compromise - Let the lovely couple have their peaceful wedding and let the hostile RP’ers have the reception.  Shoot people, take them as slaves, drink until you puke, accuse your sister of stealing your 6th grade boyfriend, hit on your best friend’s wife.  Let your hair down and do whatever you want at the big fat Gypsy reception.   

 

Share this post


Link to post

Hey everybody! @FireDude and @Mademoiselle have taken the time to write a full page to organize this event, and they made nice graphs! It is their right to set the rules! Nobody was being forced to participate, and it makes me sad to see so much drama about something so simple.

Share this post


Link to post

Its a fricking wedding not a PVP zone. Let them have their event in peace. Why the hell do people gotta whine and make this event all about them?

Grow up the world does not need to constantly revolve around you kool pvp kidz.....

Share this post


Link to post

Their event would use maybe %0.1 of the usable land in the map.

Why people can't run around the %99.9 rest of the map without feeling the need to interrupt and inject themselves into everyone else's RP situations is beyond me.  Not everything has to revolve around PVP.  Get them after the wedding or on their honeymoon or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

" Oi boys, the people that stabbed my nan are in that church over there, can we go get em? They're literally outside having a smoke and everyone else is inside... "
" Nah fam. "
" Why? "
" We can't "
" There's two of them in there though? "
" We still can't "
" Fam ones in a wheelchair "
" nah fam. "
" Bro I swear down one of them has no arms or legs, he's literally a nugget..."
" nah. " 
" Why though? Just give me one good reason... "
" ...nah... "

Deader than @Solo's nans chicken wings. 

OOC Rules that stop realism? D E A D.

Enjoy yourself's. I was hoping for a red wedding like that one mission in Sleeping Dogs (because we all know that're gonna be in that church have enemy's)  but for some magical reason everyone is going to be nice with each other... Kmt. 

Edited by Beni

Share this post


Link to post

Realism is used as a justification for so many things… but this isn’t real life… it is a game. People would be getting KOS’ed daily. You wouldn’t torture a hostage and let them go. You wouldn’t be able to refuse when people try to cut off arms and legs. You wouldn’t survive after being shot in the head. We are all here to role play and have fun while being protected by the rules. Yes, sometimes it doesn’t make sense and we just have to accept that and work around it.

In addition, everyone enjoys different styles of gameplay and has different standards for what constitutes good RP. Personally, we have had numerous occasions where we have come together for a much-anticipated special event only for it to be interrupted by trolly RP, rule breaks, gun fights, and so on.

Is it really the end of the world if two people and their friends want to enjoy some RP without having to worry about it going wrong? While people can debate if an event is appropriate for this situation, consider their reasons for choosing this option in the first place. People seem very determined to ruin their big day and there is no point denying that snaking, metagaming and stream sniping do happen. To me, this is just a way for them to ask the community to let them have some RP for a few hours without unwanted hostilities and its sad that its already been tarnished by people’s attitudes.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Fuck it yano me and the boys will pop round. 

Micah and the crew coming through in suits and bullet proof helmets. 


@Solo prepare the ket mobile, we're going on a roach trip.

Edited by Beni

Share this post


Link to post

Just have everyone wear juggernaut suits and have 36 snipers on overwatch.

Then it can be a safe, happy, and fun event.

👌

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Beni said:

" Oi boys, the people that stabbed my nan are in that church over there, can we go get em? They're literally outside having a smoke and everyone else is inside... "
" Nah fam. "
" Why? "
" We can't "
" There's two of them in there though? "
" We still can't "
" Fam ones in a wheelchair "
" nah fam. "
" Bro I swear down one of them has no arms or legs, he's literally a nugget..."
" nah. " 
" Why though? Just give me one good reason... "
" ...nah... "

Deader than @Solo's nans chicken wings. 

OOC Rules that stop realism? D E A D.

Enjoy yourself's. I was hoping for a red wedding like that one mission in Sleeping Dogs (because we all know that're gonna be in that church have enemy's)  but for some magical reason everyone is going to be nice with each other... Kmt. 

"Hey man, why do we got to stop and tell this guy to put his hands up?
"What do you mean?"
"Lets just shoot him dead and take his stuff?"
"What...? Why?"
"Well... we wouldn't risk getting shot."
"Whats wrong with you? We can't do that."

"Why not?"
"...I don't know."

 

Its almost like we already do this on a daily basis. Maybe instead of deciding to place your characters in a situation where they are aware of it, directly beside it, and want to do something, you do what you already do every day and alter your RP to fit the rules of the server.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Rover said:

"Hey man, why do we got to stop and tell this guy to put his hands up?
"What do you mean?"
"Lets just shoot him dead and take his stuff?"
"What...? Why?"
"Well... we wouldn't risk getting shot."
"Whats wrong with you? We can't do that."

"Why not?"
"...I don't know."

 

Its almost like we already do this on a daily basis. Maybe instead of deciding to place your characters in a situation where they are aware of it, directly beside it, and want to do something, you do what you already do every day and alter your RP to fit the rules of the server.

Some rules in the server are not realistic but needed. For example, no KOS because it's an RP server. No violent acts at all on a server [Event] because of an OOC rule that's put in place because of an event is bullshit. 

Edited by Beni

Share this post


Link to post

Can this thread be closed yet? Its just people repeating the same thing over and over again.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...