Server time (UTC): 2019-09-23, 08:09
Sign in to follow this  
FireDude

The Wedding of Noah and Hope [Date TBD]

leonardo dicaprio GIF

𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽𝔂 𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮

I WILL BE THERE, or should I say KYLE WILL BE THERE!

I don't know how Kyle will feel about getting out of his roadman attire and get suited and booted but he will do it for you all 😉 

Gotta get some poly stocks for my AK so it matches my converse.

I can't wait.

fashion motion GIF

You already know Spencer is gonna be there

tom hardy inception GIF

Hunter shall be the cook for everyone’s food 😉

This is an IC event which should not include any hostilities such as initiations, KOS etc.

Make sure any PvP or in-character drama is outside of the area.

I get that you want this to go smoothly and not have some degenerate sprint into the crowd screaming an initiation to ruin everything, but how am I suppose to take this as an IC event when you also expect me not to bring in character drama to the event. 

We wanted to have a server event to make everyone involved and not have a clusterfuck.

Obviously, this is commendable but this isn't what server events are really for, if you intend to make an event to involve lots of people you should probably expect that less than savory characters will show up.

Why don't you invite people ICly, so the people you trust ICly can show up and experience this lovely union between two developed characters, along with the fact that one or more could accidentally spill the beans and people who you've made enemies of can learn ICly. As opposed to being stonewalled by OOC rules.

It seems artificial this way.

This is why we need a priest outfit. 

Special guests:

- John Moody 

Is his dead body gonna be there? 🤔😉

Same way Pasi's dead body will be there

‘Dr. River sends his regards’ 

"Offering security services for this wedding, hit me up if you need any guards to prevent any infected or bandits."

3 hours ago, Veryniceperson said:

I get that you want this to go smoothly and not have some degenerate sprint into the crowd screaming an initiation to ruin everything, but how am I suppose to take this as an IC event when you also expect me not to bring in character drama to the event. 

Obviously, this is commendable but this isn't what server events are really for, if you intend to make an event to involve lots of people you should probably expect that less than savory characters will show up.

Why don't you invite people ICly, so the people you trust ICly can show up and experience this lovely union between two developed characters, along with the fact that one or more could accidentally spill the beans and people who you've made enemies of can learn ICly. As opposed to being stonewalled by OOC rules.

It seems artificial this way.

Roland’s intentions for events was so people could create rules to enjoy the roleplay event and prevent anything from stopping it.

If you have any further questions, it’s best to ask him.

3 hours ago, Jackfish said:

Special guests:

- John Moody 

Is his dead body gonna be there? 🤔😉

Nah his spirit. All Special Guests are people that have been played characters and NPCs for our characters story. Like the empty seat at the wedding isn’t empty. It’s for their spirit.

Aw shit a wedding, need to dust off the fancy clothes

original.gif

Just letting everyone know, we will be attempting to spawn in as many suits (from our own item shop inventores) as we can for people and storing them (hopefully safely). As well as storing any coats / pants or shoes we may find. ❤️ If you have the items already or stumble across them, please pick them up. Trust me, it will look nice in the photos.

50 minutes ago, Mademoiselle said:

Roland’s intentions for events was so people could create rules to enjoy the roleplay event and prevent anything from stopping it.

That doesn't really answer his question though..?

You could easily host an event where you invite characters pertaining to your story, those who you consider friends and close ones without making it a protected piece that your enemies can not touch.

Surely, if you have enemies, they should have the ability to find and intervene if they so please.

Just now, Ducky said:

That doesn't really answer his question though..?

You could easily host an event where you invite characters pertaining to your story, those who you consider friends and close ones without making it a protected piece that your enemies can not touch.

Surely, if you have enemies, they should have the ability to find and intervene if they so please.

Again, Roland set the rules and hence why created the event.

I, as many others, like to stream and do not wish to just stop streaming in fear of one bad apple watching to ruin the situation. Not saying anyone would,  but it is a possibility. 

Again @Roland is more than happy to answer your questions. Since this is his server, his rules and we are using what he gave to us. 

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Mademoiselle said:

Again, Roland set the rules and hence why created the event.

I, as many others, like to stream and do not wish to just stop streaming in fear of one bad apple watching to ruin the situation. Not saying anyone would,  but it is a possibility. 

Again @Roland is more than happy to answer your questions. Since this is his server, his rules and we are using what he gave to us. 

I'm not directing the question at Rolle I am directing it at you.

Do you not think it is unfair to hide behind OOC barriers to safeguard your story rather than keep things open and dynamic to intervention?

Surely seeing as this is a roleplay community, and that your character has made enemies in the past, they should not be bordered from continuing said hostilities and crashing the wedding if the gain the information they need to do so.

If that information is gained OOCly, that is a different ballpark, and there are ways to track that.

I personally believe those guidelines for events that Rolle has laid for us is to be applied where it makes sense.

Does it make sense for there to be no KOS or hostilities at a lore-event such as a prisonbreak, or perhaps only in applied circumstances?
Yes, that makes sense, it's to set the rules for the event in a way that doesn't give either side favor and it allows things to progress, but do remember that, an event like that doesn't necessarily solely revolve around a single character or story-line, so thats why those rules are in place.

For this wedding?

This wedding is entirely a construct pertaining to your character Dr. Hope Pisces and Noah McKaine, two characters which likely have enemies, which likely will want to track down this event the moment they realise it is a thing ICly.

And they should be in their right to do so.

What you are doing here is creating an event using rules that quite honestly, in my mind werent made to protect these kinds of events, as it safeguards your closed bubble roleplay and disallows any development that goes against what you have planned in your head.

I am 100% against it, that is why I am arguing here.

Instead of making a protected event, do what @Franny and @Voodoo did for their characters wedding, secluded off to the side on the main/second server, only inviting those who were welcomed ICly.

People were still able to come across it, gather information and found it, but hey, they kept it pretty well hidden, and as far as I am concerned no one messed with it.

Edited by Ducky

This looks to be interesting. I like the outfits you guys have planned.

Thoughts @Dutch?

I’m just going to hide at the back seeing as Dr Shock and Dr hope had that falling out

sneaky cat GIF

18 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I'm not directing the question at Rolle I am directing it at you.

Do you not think it is unfair to hide behind OOC barriers to safeguard your story rather than keep things open and dynamic to intervention?

Surely seeing as this is a roleplay community, and that your character has made enemies in the past, they should not be bordered from continuing said hostilities and crashing the wedding if the gain the information they need to do so.

If that information is gained OOCly, that is a different ballpark, and there are ways to track that.

I understand your frustrations. And yes, I would feel the same way.

But at the end of the day, if we are able to use something that is given to us. We should not be blamed for this. Yes, this is a zombie apocalypse. Yes, people die. Yes, this is a roleplay server. However I don't really know what you wish for me to say. I am using the rights Roland gave to me, to you and everyone else when using the events pages. Whilst it safeguards people. It does not restrict them from starting something after the event like stated. 

I mean this in no disrespect either. At the end of the day, I come home to play video games like everyone else and enjoy myself. I shouldn't need to please everyone because of something I am using that was given to me (as well as everyone else as a right). And I am, as a side note, writing this on three hours sleep with other problems in my real world (which however are not your problem and I am not putting them on you).

I have seen people using the events page for trading and weddings in the past. We (me and Fire) are only doing the same. We just want a nice chilled out roleplay session. And whilst I understand you do not, that is why we also set a rule in place:

Don't enjoy the role play - then you don't have to come nor stay.

It's entirely up to you whether you come or not. You can even void it being IC knowledge if it frustrates you that much. But I honestly have no idea what else to say, as I said before, Roland put this in place for people in a community to RP and enjoy themselves.