Server time (UTC): 2019-06-27, 01:36
Sign in to follow this  
Cid

Life is Feudal?

Life is Feudal?  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I asked @Roland about it and he seemed pretty down as long as there was community interest, so here I am, getting community interest.

A while back we had a few attempts at a Life is Feudal server, and they were pretty fun and different for roleplay.  We had interested community members be the staff for the server, creating lore and handling events as well as related reports to rule breaks on the Life is Feudal server.  It was pretty fun and a lot has changed about the game.  I was hoping to see that there were people interested in potentially giving it another go.

Poll is above.  Leave input below.

As long as there is interest for it I'm happy to see it added. I'm not going to vote eitherway as I don't care personally. Fingers crossed for you though if you like it 🙂

The game is just weird, ngl. If it wasn't such an obnoxious grind it'd be worth it, but I just don't see enough people getting interested as is.

9 minutes ago, Squillium said:

The game is just weird, ngl. If it wasn't such an obnoxious grind it'd be worth it, but I just don't see enough people getting interested as is.

To be fair, rates can be adjusted if people so choose it.  I personally wouldn't want to make things, "easy" by any means, but making rates so that they aren't obnoxious is 100% possible.

I don't even own the game but i'll buy it and play it if we do get it on here. I think it could be a great game to do some roleplay in from what i've seen on the earlier Life is Feudal server that we had.

If it isn't too much i'm down 100% +1 

I'm not sure, wasnt this game super buggy? Then again I play DayZ so...

This happened two times already if I recall correctly. People were hella down at first but it died down pretty quick. Anyways it was all a lot of fun so it's a +1 from me.

12 minutes ago, Aeryes said:

I'm not sure, wasnt this game super buggy? Then again I play DayZ so...

The game was pretty buggy in the past, but in it's current state I would say it is in a better state than DayZ bug wise.  A lot has changed mechanically from when this game was last played until now.

I played LiF on a roleplay server and has seen what a dedicated staff team can come up with. We had wars, tournaments and trade missions aswell as just daily things such as that the staff team spawned in a herd of deers for everyone to fill their foodstocks. One interesting thing this server had was that the map was devided in 4 parts with a middle Island that was GM controlled but the other parts were avaible for any clan that fulfilled the requirements to claim as their own kingdome. So if there is a dedicated team that is interested in putting their time into a LiF server im 100% for this.

1 hour ago, Cid said:

The game was pretty buggy in the past, but in it's current state I would say it is in a better state than DayZ bug wise.  A lot has changed mechanically from when this game was last played until now.

Im open to the idea of playing it in that case.

We had our own server for it and I#m pretty sure I was helping out with the Lore, it died very quickly. I doubt it would take off as pretty much every other side project does. I personally wouldn't play but hopefully you find enough that want to.

Take me back @Harvard

The glorious rebels

I loved LiF during my time on it, I dumped 400 hours into that game over 6-7 weeks and that’s literally all I did outside of work. It was amazing RP for me.

however, against community wishes, the server, characters, and skills were wiped to ‘promote activity’ as things had gotten stagnant for some. This killed the game for me, that all that grinding would be flushed down the toilet based on a whim, and it is for that reason that i will never play another stat based game that involves grinding of that caliber hosted by DayZRP again.

My vote is no for the above, it will take away from our main game and just breed frustrations out of rash decision making or poor choices like it was plagued with last time. Not to mention the fact that LiF staff went inactive like a week in.

If people are down for it ill be happy to play it again but if i remember alot of the guys that were active on it are banned now or just not really in the community anymore

If the server is popular then a big +1 from me. I loved playing it, and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

I dig 'medieval' style games, +1 from me.

Yes please!

3 hours ago, Santan said:

Take me back @Harvard

The glorious rebels

Our true King in the North

On 6/2/2019 at 6:05 PM, The Marshal said:

However, against community wishes, the server, characters, and skills were wiped to ‘promote activity’ as things had gotten stagnant for some. This killed the game for me, that all that grinding would be flushed down the toilet based on a whim, and it is for that reason that i will never play another stat based game that involves grinding of that caliber hosted by DayZRP again.

Though I don't know exacts to the wipe that happened on our last LiF server, I do know that in most roleplaying communities in Life is Feudal, wiping semi-regularly is a normal thing.  Communities such as DayZRP will have iterations of a particular lore that will last for years as long as things go smoothly, Life is Feudal is simply not a game in which things can go so well in the long-term.  As rewarding as building a fortress or a town is in that game, keeping a finished product for a long time makes things go stagnant very quickly in Life is Feudal.

I'm obviously not guaranteeing success if we were to give it another go, but if we were and things did seem to go smoothly, wipes would likely have to happen much more frequently than what you are used to in the DayZRP counterpart.  In my many hours in Life is Feudal, I have never seen a roleplaying community go more than three months attached to one set of lore.

Gonna be mr kill joy as always and give a -1 if it's run like it was last time. 

If we are gonna do a huge thing such as Life Is Feudal, we need 6 months to set it up, get a decent staff team specifically for that game + find a way to keep servers running through membership. 

Side projects die for a reason... 

Christ we can barely get more than 5 people on our MC server for god's sake haha

LiF was lit, still is lit.

Bring it back

I personally like Wurm unlimited better than LiF. LiF was created based on Wurm so it's the same concept and mechanics (terraforming, building, crafting, farming, gaining stats through doing all these actions). It also works very well long-term. However, the graphics are a large barrier to overcome for many (although it also means lots more FPS). Wurm is also even more detailed, technical, hardcore and unforgiving and grindier than LiF, with steep learning curve. We wouldn't even have to create our own server for Wurm, just join an existing populated one like Sklotopolis which has 100+ players online 24/7 and create a kingdom of our own. Problem is, on my friends list I'm the only one who owns the game, but that can be relatively easily fixed, Steam keys are for example available here for less than 2€ 😄

But yeah, I'm up for hosting a LiF server if there's a demand, even if I think it's not going to last very long. But it could be a fun few weeks building and fighting.

1 hour ago, Roland said:

I personally like Wurm unlimited better than LiF. LiF was created based on Wurm so it's the same concept and mechanics (terraforming, building, crafting, farming, gaining stats through doing all these actions). It also works very well long-term. However, the graphics are a large barrier to overcome for many (although it also means lots more FPS). Wurm is also even more detailed, technical, hardcore and unforgiving and grindier than LiF, with steep learning curve. We wouldn't even have to create our own server for Wurm, just join an existing populated one like Sklotopolis which has 100+ players online 24/7 and create a kingdom of our own. Problem is, on my friends list I'm the only one who owns the game, but that can be relatively easily fixed, Steam keys are for example available here for less than 2€ 😄

But yeah, I'm up for hosting a LiF server if there's a demand, even if I think it's not going to last very long. But it could be a fun few weeks building and fighting.

I played Wurm before they put it on Steam as Wurm unlimited. It is about the same amount of complicated but still really good, I would prefer Wurm over LiF.

Personally I’m gonna go with no. Simply because (if my memory serves me correctly) whenever we’ve made attempts with other games, no one played on those servers. Waste of time imo. But if we do try LiF again and it works out for the best, maybe my mind can be changed. Who knows.