Server time (UTC): 2019-09-19, 05:02
Sign in to follow this  
Peg4YourBackpack

Remapping Keyboard

Hadn't played DayZ in a while so after redownloading it I went to remap my keyboard and it wouldn't save the changes. It now has those spots unassigned (Inventory & voip). Am I missing something? It's been a while since I have played DayZ so a lot has changed but I can't imagine remapping is broken....

I appreciate any thoughts on this. Thanks.

There's no glitches with rebinding keys as far as I'm aware atm, did you remember to hit apply before closing the menu?

I've had this issue before, I just kept hitting the bind I wanted until it accepted it and it finally fixed. Try restarting your game before adding new keybinds though

Try deleting the XML files in the Dayz folder in your documents. That should bind them back to their original binds, so you can try again.

22 hours ago, Onyx said:

Try deleting the XML files in the Dayz folder in your documents. That should bind them back to their original binds, so you can try again.

OH man, deleting files....there are several XML files?....

Just delete the two files circled in the photo below, in the folder I mentioned, then reboot the game and see if that works.xml.PNG.054c753110e1cdc983c97a594ecc9616.PNG

I have noticed when you try to put two different key binds for one and the same action DayZ binds them together like this 'button 1 + button 2'  instead of 'button 1, button 2'

'button 1 + button 2' makes it so you have to press both button 1 and button 2 at the same time to do the action. 

does anyone have a fix for this?