Server time (UTC): 2019-09-23, 01:46
Sign in to follow this  
Deagle

Wire Tricking, AOGM?

Hello staff, big question here, its gonna get a bit lengthy but I'll be as quick as I can.

Wiretricking: Upon leaving or logging out of your base, you will use pliers on an unlocked gate to make it a wall and keep the metal wire. This makes the wall indestructible from the outside, if the player is in a building or any other structure then you can not enter.

Wiretricking was used a while back to avoid the use of hacksaws to get through combo locks. This was made legal in this post.
However, with the recent update walls were made impossible to get in from the outside, this was a point made in the above post that could be used. This raises further questions.

Additionally, with the bug that currently makes player's combo locks on gates randomize on server restart, players have no way to lock their base without losing their way in as well. I have seen multiple bases using this trick to deny players from entering. This effectively makes bases useless and only settlements semi-viable. There is also a bug right now with the gates that makes it so that when a combo lock is sawed off the gate can't have another.

These bugs along with the frustration players and myself have with building raises a question until the bugs are fixed.
Is using the trick bannable?
If so, what can we do?

I've been told that you can use ladders to get over when they are added tomorrow, but if a player builds in a place where they can not climb in then what then?

Added note, this will only be a problem until the next patch when the bug is fixed.

Thank you.

Presently, which is to say that because combo locks are bugged, I see no issue 'wire tricking' at the moment, as players need some way of securing their base when offline. However long term, with the addition of walls being indestructible from the outside, I could see our stance on this changing. Honestly going to drop and @Roland here just to see if his stance has changed with the indestructible walls.

Hello DeagleERP,

I feel the same way as Zanaan on this issue. With there being no way to lock up our bases at the moment (due to the combo lock glitches) I don't personally see an issue with it as of now. However, I'd have to agree that I'd like to see changes made in regards to this once the locks are fully functional again. You can however use ladders to get into bases right now thanks to our wonderful devs!

Sign in to follow this