Server time (UTC): 2019-09-23, 16:38
Sign in to follow this  
Larry

Make the ballistic Mask go in the face mask slot

The Title

It doesnt make sense since every other item similar to it goes into the face mask slot. Also it can have some really weird clipping with other face mask items since its in the glasses slot.

and people like hiding eye holes with glasses

Calling in @Watchman @Gremlinco and @Aeryes for their POV.

The devs, I may say, work hard on these items. So it does take a bit to correct the clipping when it has been released. This is a trial and error kind of ordeal. Like most things are. But no, I agree, clipping is a pain in the backside. I'm sure they'll work on it. 🙂 

You need @Misho

I don't agree with this, using combinations of Masks that use glasses slot (Like balistic) with for example gas masks allows for some cool looking hybrids, what in the end makes your gas mask look cool and personalized.

I chose to place the ballistic mask in the glasses slot because a mask like this does not have room for glasses behind them or infront of them. A lot of items in the game have bad clipping, its up to each player to make their own call if they want to roll with it or not.

By placing the Ballistic mask in the glasses slot I opened up to wearing a balaclava under it, althought there is some clipping.. If someone choses to wear a Ballistic Mask and a gasmaks, well... that's on them. You can also wear a shemagh together with it.

Preferably I would have made it so it goes into multiple slots but that's not possible at this time.

1 hour ago, Misho said:

I chose to place the ballistic mask in the glasses slot because a mask like this does not have room for glasses behind them or infront of them. A lot of items in the game have bad clipping, its up to each player to make their own call if they want to roll with it or not.

By placing the Ballistic mask in the glasses slot I opened up to wearing a balaclava under it, althought there is some clipping.. If someone choses to wear a Ballistic Mask and a gasmaks, well... that's on them. You can also wear a shemagh together with it.

Preferably I would have made it so it goes into multiple slots but that's not possible at this time.

is it possible to add attatchment slots to items?  becuase i can think of a compromise if that's possible?

Maybe add an attatchment slot to balaclavas that the mask could fit in? or would that also not work because of items being only able to go in one slot?

No thanks, what the Devs did makes the most sense.

slight necro(?)

I came across the alien ballistic mask which has the eyes covered and it looks really good. why dont all of them have it covered, they look really weird without them imo.