Server time (UTC): 2019-09-17, 19:52
Sign in to follow this  
baskorthuis

Tent attachment on Mountain backpack

''Hiker appearance''

Hikers that walk long distances usually carry a small foldable tent or a sleeping bag underneath their backpack, as displayed in the image below. The mountain backpack that is ingame right now, really resembles a true long distance hiking backpack. Since we now have the ability to attach items to backpacks, I would really like to see attachable tents or sleepingbags for the mountainbackpack be a thing. I know the mountainback already has a lot of storage space inside the backpack. Maybe it could take up some space inside, but appear underneath the backpack. I just like the idea of the 'hiker appearance'.

Let me know what you guys think about this!

backpack.jpg.6fb0bf4ae8fbf156f22fa6f0afa9084b.jpg

This is a nice idea, especially for the mountain and hiking backpack.

@Aeryes do the lords work

@Aeryes or else.

This is a good suggestion. I only just found out you can do stuff like this in game so it would be a nice add. I like the idea!

The traveling trader's dream? 

We all know our boy Aeryes is going to get this done. Very good suggestion +10000

Posted (edited)

The buttpack can be attached to the assault vest (or the tactical vest? whatever the name is. the smersh vest), would make sense that the civiallian tent could hang from the vest as well as the mountain backpack?

Edited by Whitename

Can't do attachments for existing items. We can't add the proxy for it to visibly be seen.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Misho said:

Can't do attachments for existing items. We can't add the proxy for it to visibly be seen.

Is that also the case with belt attachments? Cause otherwise a 'hikerharnas' could be a belt variation with the tent/sleeping bag being a replacement for the knife/gun holster. Like there is the black holster variation. Or like @Whitename said about the assault vest.

Edited by baskorthuis

1 minute ago, Misho said:

All existing items have this limitation.

That's a shame. Maybe keep this suggestion in mind for when it becomes possible in the future...

Better yet, make a backpack with a tent slot that looks like the tent backpacks and make it carry reduced items and have the slots for the tents.

That's the way I see it

24 minutes ago, DeagleERP said:

Better yet, make a backpack with a tent slot that looks like the tent backpacks and make it carry reduced items and have the slots for the tents.

That's the way I see it

That's a good alternative. The tent slot part is the only thing that will probably not work.

@Misho Is it possible to just make a mountain backpack varient that has the appearance of a tent/sleepingback hanging underneath it? You could just put in the tent or sleepingbag inside the backpack as with normal other backpacks, but it would make it look way better for any kind of hiker RP!

I don't quite follow what you mean.

We can not modify the models of the game in any way, we can not add attachment slots that show other items and we can not combine items.

Well for example there are quite a few different hunting backpack designs, right? So if it's not possible to actually attach and detach tents or sleepingbags to backpacks, then maybe it is  possible to just make a new mountainbackpack design that looks like the picture I posted above.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Misho said:

I believe I have seen a mod where people literally had guns such as mosin strapped on the back of their backpack kinda the way people are asking for the tent to be. (ain't that right @AndreyQ you've played with me when we saw it i think)

And before anyone rolls me down with "we dont use external mods" sentence as many things get shut down, what about coding something similar by out own devs? I'm sure you all are skilled in coding and development in general with your stance in the staff team as a developer. 

Edited by MajooRB

2 minutes ago, MajooRB said:

I believe I have seen a mod where people literally had guns such as mosin strapped on the back of their backpack kinda the way people are asking for the tent to be. (ain't that right @AndreyQ you've played with me when we saw it i think) 

There's a mod with a custom backpack that allows you to do that. I only said for existing items. It's fully possible to make a new backpack and do it on that. A new backpack is however a bigger job to make look good and not something I'm doing at this time.

Just now, Misho said:

There's a mod with a custom backpack that allows you to do that. I only said for existing items. It's fully possible to make a new backpack and do it on that. A new backpack is however a bigger job to make look good and not something I'm doing at this time.

Wouldn't it be possible to make the job easier by..okay as you say, "make a new one" by using the actual model/texture files of current IG backpacks and only having to edit it instead of having to put time into making completely new 3D model /w textures and such? 

So pretty much: Use current backpack files but with new coding and so on? Like, I am no developer and i know jack shit about coding so dont take me for my words you know, I am merely just making a suggestion and/or trying to understand/find a way around it to make it easier/faster to do. If its even possible. 

3 hours ago, Whitename said:

The buttpack can be attached to the assault vest (or the tactical vest? whatever the name is. the smersh vest), would make sense that the civiallian tent could hang from the vest as well as the mountain backpack?

As long as it doesn't float three feet off the ground when laying down...

1 hour ago, MajooRB said:

Wouldn't it be possible to make the job easier by..okay as you say, "make a new one" by using the actual model/texture files of current IG backpacks and only having to edit it instead of having to put time into making completely new 3D model /w textures and such? 

So pretty much: Use current backpack files but with new coding and so on? Like, I am no developer and i know jack shit about coding so dont take me for my words you know, I am merely just making a suggestion and/or trying to understand/find a way around it to make it easier/faster to do. If its even possible. 

Short and simple answer is No.

It's a violation of the ToS to use any models from the game in any way. Mods that unlock items that are currently not in Vanilla DayZ do so by unlocking their code, often resulting in bad mechanics ingame, frequent crashes and other issues.

Not only are we not permitted to use models from the game, they are also locked behind binarization, making it impossible to use them.

5 minutes ago, Misho said:

Short and simple answer is No.

It's a violation of the ToS to use any models from the game in any way. Mods that unlock items that are currently not in Vanilla DayZ do so by unlocking their code, often resulting in bad mechanics ingame, frequent crashes and other issues.

Not only are we not permitted to use models from the game, they are also locked behind binarization, making it impossible to use them.

Understandable, thank you for clarification on this

18 hours ago, Misho said:

Understandable. A new backpack might be the best option.

I don't know anything about the regulations you guys talk about, I'm just provoking the concept of a backpack that suits the needs of hikers. Since we now also have hiking trails, it would be great to be able to travel these trails with a suitable backpack.

18 hours ago, Aeryes said:

Oh no, Rolle told me to do it. Now I have no choice !

Maybe @Aeryes does have the time to look into it?