Server time (UTC): 2019-06-17, 13:48
Sign in to follow this  
Ducky

Gasmask should go in the glasses slot

Masks  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

Why?

2846603368_defe1f3c26.jpg

So we can wear balaclavas underneath the gasmask, not a super big fan of the NBC hood.

@Gremlinco please dad ❤️ 

Edited by Ducky

Posted (edited)

This...THIS needs to happen. As the God Of Gas Masks I request this...please ❤️  

+1 for this

Edited by TheMrGasMask

WOuldn't mind seeing this. Since the God of Gas Masks requests this I also +1 this. 😉 

This would be a cool addition. Can't imagine it'd be difficult to implement? But I'm no developer.

+1

Posted (edited)

no because no fun allowed

also I'm the type of dipstick that wears masks and glasses at the same time, but I can see why people would want this

Edited by Sylvester Todd

Theres a rubber seal that surrounds the gas mask, wearing a balaclava will only make that worthless. Even beards will ruin the seal of a gas mask. Air will take the path of least resistance which will filter through the cracks instead of the filter that actually restricts your breathing.

But why not I guess, seems stupid that people wear glasses and gas masks at the same time so it mind as well be in the glasses slot.

+1

I usually wear glasses with gas masks to try and give the lenses that tint feel...but hey I wouldn't mind seeing the gas masks on the server change to have black lenses...or even red...🙏

44 minutes ago, Ducky said:

-snip-

No purely because you used his picture

(I don't mind seeing this immplemented)

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Para said:

No purely because you used his picture

(I don't mind seeing this immplemented)

I have corrected my henious crimes against humanity

Edited by Ducky

Sure, why not?

How dare you inhibit my ability to wear aviators under my gas mask!!!

I voted no, -1 , Gas Mask, is a "mask", thus the mask slot. I rather have glasses under my mask.

Especially if you're an intellectual character, such as a doctor, whom wears eye-glasses to see. It would be odd if you weren't wearing glasses when you're in your hazmat suit.

As much as you can wear balaclavas, it will screw up the inventory system as you’ll be able to put face masks underneath too. So it’s a -1 from me unless the devs can only make it certain items 🙂 

Easiest way to deal with stuff like this would be to make a new item that goes into another slot, and leave the vanilla stuff alone. So we could make a special balaclava that goes to glasses slot.

Changing slots for items is definitely possible, problem is more that we dont wanna touch vanilla stuff. Touching vanilla stuff is a lot of work and requires a wipe.

I don't know if this would be possible but if you were able to code it so we could wear it in either glasses or mask, that would be dope.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Mademoiselle said:

As much as you can wear balaclavas, it will screw up the inventory system as you’ll be able to put face masks underneath too. So it’s a -1 from me unless the devs can only make it certain items 🙂 

Just as a little counter to this argument.

People already put on the combat goggles underneath gasmasks and various other things, causing excessive clipping.

It hurts to look at but it's a minor detail.

I think by letting the gasmasks or the balaclava be equipped in either the glasses or the masks slot is nice, it allows for further individual customization, and while I am sure there are some freaks out there who can make some horrible abominations, I think that is going to be in the norm.

Besides, with this kind of flexibility with some masks/glasses, you could theoretically also wear a shemagh and a balaclava, a mix I know for a fact some mod-boys will absolutely love from the good old Arma 2 days.

ukl4rd57sgj11.png.936c0971915b0fb690824469fb6f98cd.png

^

Speaking of the picture above, the combat goggles in the game are actually really fucking ugly.

@Misho hit a brother up with some quality darkened goggles like in the picture above 😉 

Edited by Ducky

Yes Ive seen the abomination ingame and I have sworn to make a better pair.