Server time (UTC): 2019-06-18, 09:43
Sign in to follow this  
Thrynn

Fix Vodka please.

So, Im a legit Polish man in real life, and I want to ask, why the hell in this game character does vomit after a sip of Vodka? the hell is this. I ask for it to somehow be changed, how can we RP drinking in peace when after a single sip character does vomit, while in real life emptying a bottle like this is not a problem, even alone. So please, change it, perhaps add some side effects to it, I dont know, but vomiting should kick in after like 4 bottles, not one sip, gods.

A true polish complaint right there 😛

But I agree, let me at least chug a few bottles before I get sick from it, cmon!

Just drink it in private and then fill it with water. I'm sure the devs will get to it eventually, but it's not a game breaking issue, though it can break immersion pretty easily.

Make some code that determines how much you can hold down by the nationality of the character page.

Fill it with water? that's quite a disrespect.. but I understand, not bad idea to avoid that... Glitch.

Just now, Harvey said:

Make some code that determines how much you can hold down by the nationality of the character page.

Can you spell profiling? /s lol 

1 minute ago, Mugin said:

Can you spell profiling? /s lol 

profiling

Whilst the devs hopefully fix the vodka problem

Best solution as of now is drink the whole thing in private, let your character vomit then fill it with water. 🙂 

I have plans for drugs of all kinds, alchohol included. Hopefully, once I get some client and server sided stuff figured out, we will have visual effects for drug use. So you will get drunk ingame. As far the vomiting, it is because all liquid is default water in dayz and then other features are built around that. When you drink the vodka bottle, you are always drinking water even if you dont fill it up with water yourself.

27 minutes ago, Aeryes said:

I have plans for drugs of all kinds, alchohol included. Hopefully, once I get some client and server sided stuff figured out, we will have visual effects for drug use. So you will get drunk ingame. As far the vomiting, it is because all liquid is default water in dayz and then other features are built around that. When you drink the vodka bottle, you are always drinking water even if you dont fill it up with water yourself.

a neat workaround for now would be to give vodka the same properties as water, so at least you don’t immediately vomit. fuckin lightweights

13 hours ago, Whitename said:

a neat workaround for now would be to give vodka the same properties as water, so at least you don’t immediately vomit. fuckin lightweights

+1. This is a great idea.