Server time (UTC): 2019-06-26, 07:15
Sign in to follow this  
Jackfish

Call of Duty Modern Warfare discussion thread

Posted (edited)

I just saw the new Call of Duty trailer. Its been a long time since I've been this hyped for a Call of Duty.

Trailer:

- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will NOT have a Season Pass. Post launch maps to be FREE

- Cross Play between Xbox One, PS4 and PC CONFIRMED

- Everyone has been asking and Infinity Ward delivering on this.. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is built on a brand new engine

- Our impressions of what we saw in regards to Modern Warfare's campaign at Infinity Ward. This game is taking Call of Duty to another level in many aspects; if you thought No Russian was the furthest CoD would go, you're in for a suprise

- The game is just called Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Not a prequel. Not a sequel. This is a brand new story

Edited by Jackfish

Meh. If it's still Sledgehammer making them, then it's gonna be mediocre. 

Call of Duty is hands down the best game franchise at annually getting people so hyped up that they forget how disappointed they were after last year's hype, only to disappoint them again. They haven't made a good game since 2009, hopefully this one's good but I'm not buying it until I know that for sure.

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Onyx said:

Meh. If it's still Sledgehammer making them, then it's gonna be mediocre. 

It's infinity ward. I think we can MAYBE get our hopes up.

Edited by Firemoiselle

2 minutes ago, Firemoiselle said:

It's infinity ward. I think we can MAYBE get our hopes up.

Nah. That Infinity Ward isn't the one we know that made the MW trilogy. They all left to work at Respawn. Just like the Bungie that makes Destiny isn't the same Bungie that made Halo.

Havent seen the trailer yet but if price is in it they can take my money

25 minutes ago, Castiel said:

Call of Duty is hands down the best game franchise at annually getting people so hyped up that they forget how disappointed they were after last year's hype, only to disappoint them again. They haven't made a good game since 2009, hopefully this one's good but I'm not buying it until I know that for sure.

This is exactly what I was going to say so ^^

Added some more information.

Anyone can shit talk this franchise. But as long as it's boots on the ground and a good campaign then they can take my money. Hell, I love COD that much I'll probably splash my money on the full £100 edition.
Also it's Infinity Ward making this game, the only game that they have ever done wrong by was Infinite warfare, and even then I'm sure there was a lot of fucking people that enjoyed the Campaign.

The fact that it supposedly has no season pass definitely sparks a positive message for games in the future, but at the end of the day its gonna be structured the same, but this year definitely looks better regardless.

7 minutes ago, AlanM said:

Anyone can shit talk this franchise. But as long as it's boots on the ground and a good campaign then they can take my money. Hell, I love COD that much I'll probably splash my money on the full £100 edition.
Also it's Infinity Ward making this game, the only game that they have ever done wrong by was Infinite warfare, and even then I'm sure there was a lot of fucking people that enjoyed the Campaign.

Nah, Ghosts was a load of shit, and Infinite Warfare sucked too imo. It's not the same Infinity Ward that created MW1 and 2

Yea I’ll play it

If this is a "reboot", why are they using the same characters? I hate it when they reboot shit and use the same characters. It's just like the dumb shit with the DC / Marvel universes having thousands of parallel universes.  

Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2019 at 8:08 PM, Onyx said:

Nah. That Infinity Ward isn't the one we know that made the MW trilogy. They all left to work at Respawn. Just like the Bungie that makes Destiny isn't the same Bungie that made Halo.

The thing is, I've heard that a lot of key-people responsible for MW 1 and MW 2 came back to work on this new game plus someone else told me (though I havent checked it out yet) that there are some writers who previously worked for Naughty Games. I'm not saying "Oh its exactly the same Infinity Ward from MW 1&2 times" its not. There are still some new faces but from what I know, people who made the first two MW are working on this one. At least those that made the biggest contribution to its development, I understand.

Edited by Tewudin
Grammar fixes, sorry

Hopefully the campaign is good, that's all I care about.

The only COD I will buy.

I believe they have learnt their lesson from B04 and all the previous games shitfest

cod hasn't been good since 2012, after the huge disappointment of ww2, i see this as another way of sucking money through nostalgia but not delivering.

i'll buy it 2-3 weeks after release after i see gameplay and get reviews.