Server time (UTC): 2019-09-19, 05:06
Sign in to follow this  
Saunders

Increase Server Slots To 100

With the servers reaching 80/80 for s1 and 60/80+ on s2 during peak times I think making the servers hold 100 again might be a good idea. I know we did it for server performance during the horrid week of crashes but maybe now it would be stable enough again with the mod updates.

What do you guys think?

Yeah, no harm in giving it a shot, +1

Nah good as it seems quite stable with the new changes.

Nah I am glad its stable again. 😄 I am good. 

Posted (edited)

Don't see what's the harm in trying, +1 for me 

it'll make it so there's more people interacting at the same time 

Edited by NozzyRP

Posted (edited)

nah 

100 pop makes the server to un stable

80 pop works just fine

We have had 100 pop and it didt work out to laggy

Edited by YNW BorisOGRBRP

You overestimate what the update did for the server performance. While its true that there were certain fps fixes its nowhere stable enough for 100 players same as before.

Official word is up to 70 players.

And S1 just yeeted hard.

No bueno for me.

No thanks on this one. 100 people makes cars almost unusable most of the time and contributes to the unbearable lag when it rains or in certain places on the map. 2 servers with less pop is a good idea and it solves a few of our problems. Keep it the way it is.

NO PLEASE NO

-1 , if with the stability changes, I still honestly think we should bring it back down to 60... 

Posted (edited)

Negative. Entire game mechanics are rendered broken when the server is put past the 60 player cap, 70 might be doable, 80 is just pushing it, and 100 is a mess.

Edited by Zero

I would totally support making the cap around 70~ or lower ... I have noticed myself as the player count goes past 60 the server gets laggier and less stable.

You realise gun limits don't increase on a 100 man server right? Remember that big talk about guns being rare as hell atm literally... 2-3 days ago??? 

-1 literally because I dont want to see another "WHY ARE GUNS SO RARE AGAIN I THOUGHT WE FIXED THIS!?!" post after half a week of a 100 man 😂

When the people that literally make the game set a recommended server cap you should probably follow it. It isn't some made up number, server performance suffers when you go past 60, so in reality 80 is too high.

I don't get what is hard to understand about this.

80 is fine, I was on today and was actually able to drive a fucking car without seeing Jupiter, also this..

9 minutes ago, Squillium said:

When the people that literally make the game set a recommended server cap you should probably follow it. It isn't some made up number, server performance suffers when you go past 60, so in reality 80 is too high.

Two servers is nice too, everyone has the chance to have something shiny meaning less bitching amongst people which is exactly what this place needs.

Posted (edited)

giphy.gif

That's gonna be a big hell fucking no from me. The performance takes a steaming dump when there's that many people on at once. Two servers with smaller slots is pretty manageable. The 20 less people on each server won't affect interactions all that much.

Edited by MRS Bradtica

80 is good for me honestly. 

I don't like the fact that if you had a group of 20 people in one place in a 60 pop server, you would have literally one third the server there. the larger number of people encourages movement amongst players, witch boost encounter and that's always a plus.   

Just now, Aeryes said:

The only negative about lower pop server is that there is less of a chance to meet people because everyone spread out on two servers. But if the game cant support it, the game cant support it.

Person 1: "Hey, what server are you on this evening?"

Person 2: "Oh, I'm on S2! S1 is full!"

Person 1: "Fantastic, see you soon hopefully! My god I love how much better 80 is"

That's how I'd arrange to find certain people. If people wanna say that's metagame I've seen plenty offer locations of camps and hotspots in Discord, which most certainly is.
Is 80 perfect? No. Is it a good middle ground which seems to work out fairly well? Yes.

I do agree though, 100 can't fully be supported.

correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I have seen server 1 seems to be that place for camps and settlements while server 2 is more traveling and looting.

As much as people hate to see S2 used as a loot server, it kind of is.
Keep in mind 100's of people log in and out regularly removing things from the loot economy, a second server is a decent countermeasure and it should stay like that.
I don't think many people are sad that its used that way but it makes people happy.
Generally though I used to have cars on S2 and use those to travel safely without lag.
100 slots is a bit much and would have to remove S2 and devote attention to S1.