Server and location: Stary Sober S1

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 4:50

Your in game name: Steven Wade

Names of allies involved: none

Name of suspect/s: Unknown 

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): none

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): no

Detailed description of the events:

outside of stary sober met with two guys, they didn't tell me their names. they were walking toward stary and so was I. They asked if I had any shotgun ammo, I said I do, they asked if I had a leather repair kit, which I didn't. They asked my name and I told them, we continued walking.  there was a pair of boots in the road. One of the guys said "I'll take those" and picked them up, then said "do you want those." I walked over to the pair of boots, and was killed by one of the two. unfortunately I wasn't recording at the time, until now I didn't find it necessary that I always record.

Edited by moxx

Connection Logs

Spoiler
04:38:08 | Player "Steven Wade" is connected
04:58:50 | Player "Steven Wade" has been disconnected

04:33:45 | Player "john kvasny" is connected
05:33:34 | Player "john kvasny" has been disconnected

03:36:28 | Player "Thomas Wilson" is connected
08:14:01 | Player "Thomas Wilson" has been disconnected

Hit Logs

Spoiler
04:49:42 | Player "Steven Wade" hit by Player "john kvasny" with M4-A1 from 3.96403 meters 
04:49:42 | Player "Steven Wade" hit by Player "john kvasny" with M4-A1 from 3.96156 meters 
04:49:42 | Player "Steven Wade" hit by Player "john kvasny" with M4-A1 from 3.95759 meters 
04:49:42 | Player "Steven Wade" hit by Player "john kvasny" with M4-A1 from 3.95759 meters 
04:49:42 | Player "Steven Wade" hit by Player "john kvasny" with M4-A1 from 3.9633 meters 
04:49:42 | Player "Steven Wade" hit by Player "john kvasny" with M4-A1 from 3.9633 meters 
04:49:42 | Player "Steven Wade" hit by Player "john kvasny" with M4-A1 from 3.96887 meters 
04:49:42 | Player "Steven Wade" hit by Player "john kvasny" with M4-A1 from 3.96887 meters 

Kill Logs

Spoiler
04:49:42 | Player "Steven Wade" (DEAD) killed by Player "john kvasny" with M4-A1 from 3.95759 meters 

Calling in:

@johnkvasny12 - John Kvasny - POSTED

@William89 - Thomas Wilson - POSTED

For your full POV's as well as any unedited video evidence you may have. 

Posted (edited)

Thomas Wilson POV: I met John Kvasny two days ago and we went on a road trip to Tisy, that's how we became friends. I met him again yesterday, and John told me that he wanted to rob Steven.

My character is always friendly, it does not make sense for Thomas to rob anybody... but I just wanted to get a feeling of the experience because I have almost never done it... I know that I should have made a different, more evil character for this... but in any case Thomas can be easily persuaded and he follows to assist John, who is his friend.

John takes the lead and starts a conversation with Steven, then they trade some items, but John wants Steven's full backpack. Therefore, he points his finger to a pair of boots lying on the road and Steven goes for them. In this moment John and I point at Steven's back and John and tells him not to move and to put his hands up. But Steven has his weapon on his hands and he turns around, so John shoots him.

I think that John did everything ok, I am the one who did something wrong because robbing does not fit my character, sorry for this... I am embarrassed to be in a report.

In my opinion, @moxx is wrong in two things: 1) I did tell him my name, and 2) he does not say that John initiated on him.

I do not have any evidence to support what I say, but I do not lie.

Edited by William89

I meet Thomas Wilson 2 days ago and we met with a guy I was with named micheal and me an micheal and Thomas teamed up and started a jouney toegether to tisy  and then like 1 hour later when we where looting we died and never sall each other again and them 2 days later we meet up back in stary and we start to have some good times looting and talking and we go to novy and see a guy and I tell Thomas that I need his backpack because mine was ruined and I asked if he wanted to help me and he said sure and so we talked with the victim for a while on our way to stary and we where making a plan too rob him and I told him to drop him gun and to have his back facing me and to drop everything and if he had turned around with his gun that I was gonna shoot him so I give him 3 seconds I say to drop the gun and next thing he does is turns around and tries to shoot me and I shoot him because he tried to kill me and I told him if he turned around with his gun and aimed at me I was gonna shoot at him 

Posted (edited)

Hmmm.... 

This isn't how I recall things happening. I didn't hear anyone say to put my hands up or not turn around. I also didn't turn around at all. I walked up to the boots and opened my inventory and was shot from behind without them saying a word. There was no robbery and no rp just shot in the back of my head for my loot. Nobody initiated on me and I didn't try to shoot anyone or even turn around. I asked them what their names were and one of them said something inaudible idk what was goin on with his mic but it was loud and I couldn't understand what he said if he did tell me his name but either way neither of them spoke before they shot me, there was no initiation or warning, an I didn't turn around let alone try to shoot them. I had a shotgun and no body armor.. it would be stupid to try and fight both of them..I walked over to the boots, opened my inventory and was killed. 

Thomas says that John told me to not move and to put my hands up then I turned around.

John says he tells me to drop my gun, have my back facing him, drop everything and that if i turn around with my gun that he will shoot me, then gives three seconds and tells me again to drop the gun, then I turn around and try to kill him.

Literally none of this happened and they didn't say a word. The last thing I heard either of them say was "You want those?" about the boots in the road.

Look. Whether or not things went down as I say, vs how you say (which is a complete lie), rule 4.4 states

As an attacker you may NOT:

Attack other players just for the sake of gear by doing a quick robbery that involves little to no role play.

Providing zero rp and simply robbing me of my backpack directly violates the rules. You guys came up to me and asked me a couple of questions then shot me because, as you both stated, you wanted my backpack. 

Honestly I just wanted for the two of you to own up to what you did, maybe even apologize. Its upsetting that I spent over an hour running from the east beach line and looting a backpack full of food just for the two of you to come up and kill me for it. I joined this server for the rp experience, not to be killed for loot. I don't care about the items but the way things went down were not ok at all.

Edited by moxx

Posted (edited)

@moxx About rule 4.4: 1) I was interested in the RP, I did not care about your gear at all. 2) In my opinion, this rule does not apply because you died during the robbery (I do not know what was John planning for you, and now we will never know how the RP would have gone because it did not happen, but my guess is that it would not have been just a quick robbery, which is what rule 4.4 goes against).

Apart of this, I insist that I did hear John the moment when he initiated on you, and I saw you turning on my screen with a weapon in your hands. This was real, if you did not hear/see it like this, the only explanation that I can offer is that perhaps we may have had some technical difficulties with our computers? After all, you also did not hear my name.

I am sad that your experience was so bad that you decided to write a report. But I hope that next time we can meet in better circumstances.

@Onyx I think that I have nothing else to add, but I will reply to any additional questions from you or other staff members. I am genuinely curious about your verdict, because this is the first time that I am being accused in report. Whatever your decision, thanks a lot for your time!

Edited by William89

@William89 perhaps technical issue would explain the situation as I said on my end I heard no voice before i was shot, i had my inventory open and was dragging the boots to my character. On my end I didn't turn and didn't hear any initiation.

I do appreciate your replies and hope that if we do meet in game again we can rp better situations.

Without evidence of what I experienced it's basically my word against yours. You seem like a decent person who genuinely wasn't trying to ruin my day and I don't want any action against you and would like to close the report if possible.

In the future I will definitely record my interactions. 

@moxx how would you like to continue with this report?

@Mademoiselle after speaking with @William89 I think that maybe lag or something caused for me to not hear John's initiation or something and without any video evidence it's my word against his. I think that William is genuine in saying that he did hear John initiate and for some reason I didnt. At any rate I think the report can be closed and no further action is required, I feel better about the situation thanks to @William89 and I appreciate both of your time. 

Greetings,

The staff team are happy you have spoke it out within the report. In future, please talk to any member before creating a report to clear any misunderstanding or mishap that may of happened. 

A suggestion however to help with reports is to record videos via Twitch VODs, Shadowplay or Play.TV in case you feel as if they do not understand the rule break.

With that said:

/closed

Closed by @Mademoiselle and @Samti