Server time (UTC): 2019-09-15, 10:44
Sign in to follow this  
Billy Crystal

S1 Invalid KOS

Posted (edited)

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 5/28/2019  I don't know how to check the server time but this was around 30 minutes ago of posting this (12 PM CDT is around when it happened

Your in game name: Billy Crystal 

Names of allies involved: Gilbert Mickey 

Name of suspect/s: unknown

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): none

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): 

Detailed description of the events: So my friend and I were hanging around this shop run by The House in Stary Sobor, planning to rob the place. We were roleplaying with the shopkeeper or whatever he was for about half an hour but weren't getting much from him. I don't know if it was part of his character or something but he had this weird monotone and was unaffected by everything we said. Which admittedly made us want to rob the place more. We never planned to kill him, or anyone else for that matter, just to maybe have SOMETHING interesting take place. As you can see in the video we go ahead with the plan and as I approach the guy from the back with my shotgun raised and tell him to "Put his hands ups" he immediately without a moments notice....shoots and kills me. I was under the impression that there was an emphasis on ROLEPLAY and not RULEPLAY. I may have initiated on him but to gun me down without saying a word? Seems a bit iffy to me. All I'm saying is if somebody had a shotgun to your head at point blank range are you really gonna try and raise your gun and shoot them? There was NO fear for his life.

Edited by Billy Crystal

Kill Logs:

17:13:31 | Player "Billy Crystal" (DEAD) killed by Player "Clyde Matthews" with FN SCAR-L from 2.07632 meters 
17:14:19 | Player "Gilbert Mickey" (DEAD) killed by Player "Clyde Matthews" with FN SCAR-L from 106.766 meters 

Hit Logs:

17:13:31 | Player "Billy Crystal" hit by Player "Clyde Matthews" with FN SCAR-L from 1.98535 meters 
17:13:31 | Player "Billy Crystal" hit by Player "Clyde Matthews" with FN SCAR-L from 1.98535 meters 
17:13:31 | Player "Billy Crystal" hit by Player "Clyde Matthews" with FN SCAR-L from 2.07632 meters 
17:13:55 | Player "Gilbert Mickey" hit by Player "Clyde Matthews" with FN SCAR-L from 63.9073 meters 
17:14:14 | Player "Gilbert Mickey" hit by Player "Clyde Matthews" with FN SCAR-L from 100.559 meters 
17:14:18 | Player "Gilbert Mickey" hit by Player "Clyde Matthews" with FN SCAR-L from 106.617 meters 
17:14:19 | Player "Gilbert Mickey" hit by Player "Clyde Matthews" with FN SCAR-L from 106.766 meters 

Connection Logs:

15:25:48 | Player "Billy Crystal" is connected
17:15:41 | Player "Billy Crystal" (DEAD) died.

16:55:50 | Player "Clyde Matthews" is connected
17:45:00 | Player "Clyde Matthews" has been disconnected

15:26:00 | Player "Gilbert Mickey" is connected
17:14:19 | Player "Gilbert Mickey" (DEAD) 

Calling in:

@Billy Crystal - Billy Crystal | POSTED

@Gilbert Mickey - Gilbert Mickey | POSTED

@Finn - Clyde Matthews | POSTED

For your PoV and any video evidence, you may have. 

13 minutes ago, Xehara said:

Logs will be posted soon.

Calling in:

@Billy Crystal - Billy Crystal | POSTED

@Gilbert Mickey - Gilbert Mickey |

@Finn - Clyde Matthews |

For your PoV and any video evidence, you may have. More call-ins may occur after logs are pulled.

I don't have anything, Im still kinda new so..... I dunno if I screwed up somehow or whatever. I just ran away and died.  dude was just super boring so we figured hey, make SOMETHING happen. I didn't even want the dude to get in trouble. I just want him to be a LITTLE interesting.

@Gilbert Mickey we need your full explanation of what happened, from start to finish. What were you doing leading up to the situation, what the situation was, etc. 

1 minute ago, Xehara said:

@Gilbert Mickey we need your full explanation of what happened, from start to finish. What were you doing leading up to the situation, what the situation was, etc. 

He was with me for the entire duration, I have a longer video of everything leading up to our deaths as well 

2 minutes ago, Billy Crystal said:

He was with me for the entire duration, I have a longer video of everything leading up to our deaths as well 

He still needs to post his full Point of View to ensure we understand the situation. 

We ran around for about an hour looking for people. Couldn't find anyone until we came across the shop. We were always planning on having some verbal fight with them for fun then either robbing them or leaving. The dude was pretty boring but we literally could not find anyone else so we just stuck with him. we were gonna get off in a few minutes so we said screw it. lets just rob him and see the reaction. We weren't gonna kill him, just wanted him to stop being a monotone npc. Well you can see the end result. I don't want him getting in trouble or anything. Just give a little bit of feedback or SOMETHING dude. like seriously he was a block of wood for 30 minutes straight. Don't give him a ban or warning or whatever just tell him to be a little more alive. 

Clyde Matthews POV: I'm running my shop trying to keep these guys from snooping around too much in the store. They seem to be doing some sort of Of Mice and Men LARP seeming as he's calling his buddy "Lenny" and all he's doing is acting like a cliche person with a brain disability, contrary to clyde with his Autism which I try to play as realistic as I can. Due to past problems I keep the storeroom locked, because vultures like to run in and see was they can grab before they leave the area. Anyways, I/Clyde knew something was up since the beginning. I offered them pants in exchange for logs but even though it was such an easy task they never decided to go get them. Instead, they tried to offer me the tomatoes that had been grown by our hard working farm hands the day before. I refuse the offer and time goes on, really most of this shit I've already forgotten since it's the same shit being offered over and over. Eventually "Lenny" begins bashing on the front door with his hands and I tell him that that's not going to break anything but his own hands, the other man aims a shotgun point blank at me. Due to this happening before my instincts come in and and I blast him without even thinking. I initiate on the other one because he didn't have a weapon in his hand, and he runs off. I take my time shooting at him as he's running into an open field, I jump on top of a car to get a better look and he runs into the open. I begin firing at him from the new position and he drops after a few shots.

That's the end of that.

Few points for you two..

What I'd like to explain to you two is why you didn't ask what's wrong with Clyde, you'd be quick to find out he has autism if you'd just ask.

If you rob someone, especially with only one gun pointed at him... you should expect retaliation. This isn't FiveM, and the rules are different when it comes to NVFL.

2:05, how did you know?

I'd be willing to talk it out and explain some of the rules to you guys.

I have a video that is being uploaded.

I can appreciate that you're trying to roleplay as someone with a disability. But that doesn't excuse the fact that you gunned me down with little to no interaction. It just seems like a scapegoat to point to when you don't want to have to follow half the rules. Such as:

3.2 Your character must behave realistically and appropriately to the different situations you participate in, keeping the current world situation and context of post-apocalyptic world in mind. Do not act in a way that indicates no value for your characters life and survival. For example, attempting to kill people when heavily outnumbered, excessively talking back or insulting someone when taken hostage, or knowingly running into an area of active hostile engagement when not involved in the fight. Characters found guilty of breaking this rule will be permanently marked as dead.

"Due to this happening before my instincts come in and and I blast him without even thinking." This was an entirely separate interaction so that logic doesn't really apply let alone fall within the rule set which I've read over...

On a public server my first instinct would be to shoot as well, but we're not on a public server, are we? 

Offering the tomatoes in exchange for the pants was a meme, and when Gilbert punched the door it was serving as a distraction to sneak up behind you which is when I approached you as your back was turned. 

Side Note: "gay" as in unwilling to play along, not homosexual 

So I'm supposed to ask him what? Why are you acting autistic? How would that have gone over. I've met plenty of people irl that act exactly the same as him without any problems. plus I had already run away there was no reason to kill me as I had never initiated on him myself. just seems super boring. 2:05 was me expressing my (I think fair) frustration at a total lack of rp or fun interaction. Hell me running away and getting shot at was the most fun id had since the rp started. maybe he is autistic but am I supposed to treat him differently because of that? Again. I don't want to get him in trouble. I didn't even file the report. I just think if he literally cannot act out an rp why is he on the server? It doesn't even matter honestly. Were all just trying to have fun. In the future I know to avoid interactions with Clyde.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Billy Crystal said:

"Due to this happening before my instincts come in and and I blast him without even thinking." This was an entirely separate interaction

Spoiler

Feel free to watch the whole video to get a glimpse at my roleplay.

16 minutes ago, Billy Crystal said:

Offering the tomatoes in exchange for the pants was a meme

You call me the worst roleplayer, and you legit start doing memes in game.

15 minutes ago, Gilbert Mickey said:

plus I had already run away there was no reason to kill me as I had never initiated on him myself.

I initiated on you, and you ran away - that is non compliance and gives me rights to fire upon you. Plus I'm pretty sure in the video your friends said to come back and shoot me. I run a store so I usually stay in one place which gives me fear that I might get killed when you come back

Edited by Finn

You show a video of you doing the same thing that I'm calling you out for? I don't see how this is helping your case.....

We were roleplaying for the duration of that interaction so to hold my feet to the fire for trying to trade free apples back to you is practically irrelevant 

"Plus I'm pretty sure in the video your friends said to come back and shoot me."  You had no way of knowing this at the time?

1 minute ago, Billy Crystal said:

"Plus I'm pretty sure in the video your friends said to come back and shoot me."  You had no way of knowing this at the time?

I run a shop and usually stay in one place, it's a very high possibility.

Let me know if you'd like to talk this out.

I will no longer be responding unless asked by the staff or if I'm posting more evidence.

Posted (edited)

I thought we WERE talking it out, But i guess you're done  because you look bad now.... whatever. Will be uploading the full interaction with Clyde "The Brick Wall" Matthews later on....

Edit: I can see that you're viewing the rules right now, probably frantically trying to put together a defense. 

I want to stress again that what we wanted from this situation was ROLEPLAY and what you did was RULEPLAY. You saw that I initiated so you saw an excuse to gun me down. 

As a victim you may NOT:

Pretend to be fearless, emotionless, not feel pain, or otherwise be unaffected by the situation where your life is at risk in a hostile situation.

Be passive during the hostile role play and refuse to actively participate in it. Just sitting there and not contributing to role play can make the situation very boring for the attackers.

Edited by Billy Crystal

Honestly its not a big deal. Im done with the whole thing. I never wanted to file a report in the first place, I got dragged into this. I just want him to put in SOME interaction. Else what's the point of the rp server existing. Im going to bed

Cut the back and forth. Only post if you have new evidence and please remember to be respectful to one another. Perhaps re-read Section 1 while you have the rules open.

@Billy Crystal You are required to post unedited video evidence, it must also be unlisted. Please relink your video when it meets that criteria. 

Sorry for no voice, just turned on shadowplay the moment before everything happened and didn't set anything up.

Summary:

@Billy Crystal and @Gilbert Mickey hang around the shop in Stary attempting to shop, and at one point get into the back room to no avail. @Finn, the shopkeep, attempts to sell them pants and bartering follow. Eventually, a distraction is made, followed by an initiation from @Billy Crystal on @Finn who uses his defender rights to defend himself. @Finn then initiates on @Gilbert Mickey, who does not comply and is thusly gunned down. 

The rules that support this:

• 4.2 When your life is at risk or you are subjected to a hostile action by other players you are allowed to defend yourself. This is granted by two different "kill rights" that you can gain based on circumstances of the situation like which side caused the hostile situation and which side you are on.
    • If you are a defender - the one being initiated on or subjected to other hostile actions that threaten your life which you did not start or provoke - you are allowed to defend yourself by gaining  DEFENDER RIGHTS on the attackers. Defender rights allow you to kill attackers for 2 hours or until your character dies. Defender rights can be shared with anyone who you recently role played with as well as all your group members, if you are a part of an approved group.
    • If you are an attacker - the one who first did the initiation or started, caused or provoked the hostile situation - you are allowed to defend yourself by gaining  ATTACKER RIGHTS on the defenders. Attacker rights allow you to kill defenders for 1 hour or until your character dies. Attacker rights can be only be shared with your approved group members. If you are not a part of an approved group, attacker rights can not be shared and apply only for your character.

Verdict:

@Finn - Invalid Kill (Roleplayed) - NOT GUILTY

No rule breaks can be seen. Just because someone is initiated on does not mean they must comply with your requests as displayed by @Gilbert Mickey running away. 

Signed: @Mademoiselle, @Randy & @Xehara