Server time (UTC): 2019-06-26, 07:11
Sign in to follow this  
Joah

Suggestion: New Building Rule

Suggestion: New Building Rule  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

Suggestion:

Make it so only approved groups can build. (That way we dont see random buildings everywhere that cause horrible lag / etc) Or find a different way to approve building.

Edited by Joah

Feel like there's a lot of solo / small groups of new players who like building their own little bases etc.

This would harm that so nah. Think a better alternative is to limit the number of entities within a certain area etc. Not sure how easy that is to code, but other games have that kind of deal. 

Wait sooo I would have to ask for permission to build just because I have chosen to not spend my hard earned money on some fancy online forum perks to change the color of my name?😂

Regardless of my in game hours or forum activity 

Big -1

I put no to this.

We can’t restrict people from building something that makes completely realistic sense to do for all people.

If they want, for example, a dynamic trader group they’ll need walls and their own system.

If they want, another example, a dynamic survival group (like Camp Eden) it helps create a hotspot. 

Honestly if there was a way to have time logs for bases, it would fall to the Jr members of staff to contact the builders after extended periods of time to make sure the site is not abandoned. 

After a month or two of the structure being built, the owners/builder is contacted and asked if they still use the base. But even this has its flaws, as another group could have moved in unbeknownst to the original builder. I say we could focus on large structures for this as opposed to say a few walls blocking off a building.

Nah, it's a core game mechanic, don't see why we would restrict it.

Restricting an actual in game mechanic that is there for the sake of using it? Nah thanks m8

Posted (edited)

would it be possible for them to decay in some sort of way? maybe they’d ‘break down’ if nobody interacts with a gate/wall for extended periods of time.(days, weeks, etc.)  

aka they disappear without them being touched

Edited by tosstheball

Fair enough 🙂 Was curious.

I don't think dynamic groups are always responsible for shitty bases...in fact I think there have been better bases built by dynamic groups lately than approved groups...but maybe that's just me.

Point is, a group that get approved and then archives quick could leave a mess as well.

+1 to the tracking timer / decay ideas though.

Yeah there are better ways to alleviate the clutter and crap from built bases. This ain't the way. -1

Is it true the walls don't even despawn though? I've heard they're just cast into the void that is debug when they "decay". That may need to be looked into if its factual.

Building bases is a fundamental part of the game limiting that to only approved groups takes away RP from everyone else. If the goal is to reduce clutter maybe add some kind of building decay or decrease the despawn time would probably be the best solution.