Server time (UTC): 2019-06-16, 21:47
Sign in to follow this  
OxeN

Appeal - Invalid Kill (firefight)

Posted (edited)

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 

Why the verdict is not fair: The verdict is not fair for two reasons, the first one is the fact that the OP decided to drop the report but nothing was mentioned by staff, and it was kept open. I find it strange that staff did not honor the wishes OP this time and doesn't even mention that staff has decided to keep it open for whatever reason.

the second thing i will mention is that this was an active firefight and these people were in the middle of it with their guns out, and if you look at the VOD provided by one of the people who got shot with @JMZIE then you can see that these "pink armbands" who were looking too kill Chedaki invited all of the people who got shot later on to come on a hunt with them, but when the firefight starts they find it strange that chedaki are now shooting them as they were just associated with the "pink armbands". There was no way for us too know if they were uninvolved or not as they literally had their guns out seconds after the firefight erupted next to them, they even watched the "pink armbands" die. And still took out their guns and stood behind the building. Yes it was invalid too shoot them since they had not initiated on us, but they acted hostile or atleast seemed hostile to me and my friends who overwatched them from a far. They had their guns out and were hiding in our eyes.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: I believe this report was rushed and everything was not taken into consideration, if a firefight erupts next to you and you instead of putting you hand/hands up and walking away you pull out your weapons and hide 40 meters behind a building then you are a hostile target in the firefight, keep in mind we all saw them walk together and were under the impression that they were a "team". 

i would also like too state that;

3.2 Your character must behave realistically and appropriately to the different situations you participate in, keeping the current world situation and context of post-apocalyptic world in mind. Do not act in a way that indicates no value for your characters life and survival. For example, attempting to kill people when heavily outnumbered, excessively talking back or insulting someone when taken hostage, or knowingly running into an area of active hostile engagement when not involved in the fight. Characters found guilty of breaking this rule will be permanently marked as dead.

It is the responsibility of others knowingly running into an active area of engagement to understand the risks of getting shot just as much as it is mine to ID them, but when you are in an active firefight, and you deem people as a possible threat, you are prioritizing roleplay over ruleplay and engaging on possible threats. Not trying to push for a punishment on the OP and company by any means, rather trying to make the point that it is as much their responsibility to value their lives as it is for me to ID my targets in an active firefight.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: i would like my ban removed and points removed, also for the staff team too look over the dynamic rights since they are scuffed. 

What could you have done better?: i could have not shot people who seemed like hostiles in a firefight, i had quite the adrenaline rush and acted harshly in the firefight, i should have waited a few more moments to see what they would do before shooting them even though they had their guns out in a firefight. Could have initiated on them instead if an opportunity would arise and interrogate them and get some hostile roleplay out of it instead of killing them.

Edited by OxeN

Greetings, 

After reviewing your appeal we have come to the conclusion to deny it. Simply put, you invalid killed someone who was not involved with the fight and was in the town. You killed them even though they were not involved, while the firefight was happening. We understand that you were in a tense situation and has adrenaline rushes but you must ID your targets in a firefight to make sure you're not killing anyone else. In the future, do exactly what you said in your appeal. Initiate on them if you see someone. This could be interesting roleplay for both sides. You should also make sure you ID your targets better before shooting to avoid this happening again. 

With that said, appeal denied.

Signed by myself with notes