Server time (UTC): 2019-06-20, 00:06
Sign in to follow this  
Aspen

1PP

Titles says it all, if DayZRP is a hardcore RP server why not eliminate the possibility of 3PP? This will make RP a lot more realistic. Change my mind.

Posted (edited)

I play first person most days, if I am just by myself, or recording.

I don't think we should eliminate the use of third person, but I do get why you are bringing it up.

At the end of the day, the experience by yourself is one thing, but the connection and stories from others is what really makes it that much more realistic, not the use of cameras.

Edited by CalRP

Not here to change your mind, because I know sharing my opinion or anyone else sharing theirs is not going to.

Too many people, like myself, love having third person as a perspective. It's just too popular of something I feel like wouldn't win a majority of votes against if proposing a vote against 3PP.

Sure, maybe you're right, it would make RP a lot more realistic, I guess, but as many others have expressed, not everything has to be down to a single minute level of realism just because it's an RP server, you know?

That's why we have both, people who want to play 1PP have the option to do so, and people who want to play 3PP can do so. Personally, I also use both. And if you really think about it, 3PP around corners isn't really much of an advantage anymore with the way weapons are positioned when close-up on walls with the whole "EFT" gimmick of weapons-up or weapons-down when pressed against walls.

So for pub pvp servers I’m 100% with you, but on a RP server where pvp is not the focus, and some visual appreciation of how your character looks, third person is a good option. 

Sure it leads to some annoying situations with third person peeking and holding impossible angles, but ultimately third person is good

There were 1PP only servers in the past but they never really worked. Some people got motion sickness, others enjoy looking at the outfit it took them ages to complete so they have something to do while running around. Personally I enjoy 3rd Person way more, especially with all the emotes IG nowadays.

3 minutes ago, InactiveNate said:

Not here to change your mind, because I know sharing my opinion or anyone else sharing theirs is not going to.

Too many people, like myself, love having third person as a perspective. It's just too popular of something I feel like wouldn't win a majority of votes against if proposing a vote against 3PP.

Sure, maybe you're right, it would make RP a lot more realistic, I guess, but as many others have expressed, not everything has to be down to a single minute level of realism just because it's an RP server, you know?

That's why we have both, people who want to play 1PP have the option to do so, and people who want to play 3PP can do so. Personally, I also use both. And if you really think about it, 3PP around corners isn't really much of an advantage anymore with the way weapons are positioned when close-up on walls with the whole "EFT" gimmick of weapons-up or weapons-down when pressed against walls.

2 minutes ago, Hex said:

So for pub pvp servers I’m 100% with you, but on a RP server where pvp is not the focus, and some visual appreciation of how your character looks, third person is a good option. 

Sure it leads to some annoying situations with third person peeking and holding impossible angles, but ultimately third person is good

1 minute ago, Malet said:

There were 1PP only servers in the past but they never really worked. Some people got motion sickness, others enjoy looking at the outfit it took them ages to complete so they have something to do while running around. Personally I enjoy 3rd Person way more, especially with all the emotes IG nowadays.

7 minutes ago, CalRP said:

I play first person most days, if I am just by myself, or recording.

I don't think we should eliminate the use of third person, but I do get why you are bringing it up.

At the end of the day, the experience by yourself is one thing, but the connection and stories from others is what really makes it that much more realistic, not the use of cameras.

I completely understand for keeping 3PP an option for the ability to look at your character. I love 3PP when I'm focused on PVP so I can peak corners accurately. But I've been in a couple situations where they let 3PP dictate how they RP. For instance, If I'm holding a door and I'm aiming down sights, you should not RP that you see me unless your character has peaked. I get why people want to have 3PP as an option, but its not ideal overall.    

Because third person is convenient for too many things, like PvP, checking your surroundings and looking at yourself.

4 minutes ago, Aspen said:

I completely understand for keeping 3PP an option for the ability to look at your character. I love 3PP when I'm focused on PVP so I can peak corners accurately. But I've been in a couple situations where they let 3PP dictate how they RP. For instance, If I'm holding a door and I'm aiming down sights, you should not RP that you see me unless your character has peaked. I get why people want to have 3PP as an option, but its not ideal overall.    

I can't say that I've ever had anyone tell me that they could see me, but even if they say that, I mean, it's an inevitable part of the game and you're not going to break RP to ask how they do that or how they see you, are you? Nor is it grounds for a report, so you might as well just continue RP'ing around the situation.

For example, if something like that were to happen with me holding a corner, I would just do this.

Person A: I can see you hiding around that corner holding it!

Myself: Oh yeah? Well charge me then, we'll see who wins this fight.

Regardless, I can respect not wanting it, but I just think it's too favored upon to change.

No please. I hate travelling in 1PP. I get why it might make fights more fair but this isnt really a pvp oriented server anyway imo.

51 minutes ago, Aspen said:

Titles says it all, if DayZRP is a hardcore RP server why not eliminate the possibility of 3PP? This will make RP a lot more realistic. Change my mind.

Pressing enter solves all your worries, you're welcome.

I hope this changes your mind. 🙂 

I kind of like seeing my fashion choices when roaming around. I normally use first person when I'm not with anyone or trying to loot. Whatever is your piece of pie really. If you want more immersion, play in first person. If you like to see more around you, play in third.

I like to see my Amazing fashion choices, and can only appreciate them in 3PP.

I'm here to fashionRP. Oh, and other RP too. Sometimes.

3PP is the best for all round as it suits the player base, Only some people would enjoy 1PP and could quickly kill the players that wouldn't enjoy it

Just now, YungBrandonRP said:

fuck no, how am i suppose to third person peak people when I firefight. no one cares about your immersion. 

/closed 

Big facts i vouch for the /close 

It's a -1 from me. We have first person servers before (if i remember correctly) and it wasn't popular at all. I LOVE to see how my character looks and have that 3PP view when doing certain things such as travelling, having camp fire RP etc and to take that option away wouldn't go down with me at all. Having the option from switching between the two is lovely and my guess is that most people feel the same.

6 minutes ago, Saunders said:

It's a -1 from me. We have first person servers before (if i remember correctly) and it wasn't popular at all. I LOVE to see how my character looks and have that 3PP view when doing certain things such as travelling, having camp fire RP etc and to take that option away wouldn't go down with me at all. Having the option from switching between the two is lovely and my guess is that most people feel the same.

Yeah I agree, though it may be preferable to some players to only have 1st person it shouldn't be required of all players, especially as Saunders said if it has a bad history within the community. 

1 hour ago, Aspen said:

You can always just play in first person if that makes it more realistic for you :3

How am I supposed to initiate from the other side of a solid wall without 3PP! 😮

Simply put, DayZRP doesn't focus on PvP or anything relating to that aspect, it's a hardcore roleplay server, in which 1PP doesn't fit well for it as opposed to other communities built around that. The majority of this community - and I'll assume a good portion of the DayZ playerbase has a high preference to 3PP in general as well.

2 hours ago, Aspen said:

This will make RP a lot more realistic. Change my mind.

I don't want to change your mind, each person likes different things.

I always use 3rd person, and, for me, it would be horrible being forced to play with the 1st person! All the screen moves when the character walks and this makes me sick, which is not realistic, because I can run and walk in real life without feeling dizzy.

- User was warned for this post -

No one is going to change your mind. Why we shouldn't have 1PP only for extreme realism? It's because there always should be a balance between realism and fun. Too much of either isn't really a good idea. Sure 1PP is realistic no doubt about that but it's not really entertaining for most people or comfortable for that matter.

For me, first person is a definite no because I’d have to take a Dramamine before each play session.  I also like to see my entire character so I have a constant sense of my character’s “self” while playing.  Seeing only my character’s forearms and hands doesn’t do that for me.

As far as I’m aware, no one is forced to RP in third person on this server.  Play the way that works best for you.

This thread is big dumb.

No nor will it ever be a thing back in 2015 we had three 3PP servers and 1PP server NOBODY played on the 1PP cause its big gay.

Nah

3PP are better 

1PP are bad it feels wrong

Its nice to see the hole character

Nah, last time this was suggested a lot of community members came forward saying 1PP makes them get motion sickness. I don't like 1PP either except for PvP because I enjoy looking at the scenery and at my character when RPing or running around.