Server time (UTC): 2019-09-18, 10:10
Sign in to follow this  
RavenousRP

2.2 Apeal

Posted (edited)

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 

Why the verdict is not fair: The server crashes literally 15 times every hour and I get hit with abuse of game mechanics for letting someone loads in so I'm not an asshole and just initiate as soon as the server goes up??? I could have initiated on one guy but the server rolls me back 400 meters so by the time I get there they're logging in so as a normal person I wait for them so they have a FAIR chance to fight back and so I don't just abuse and get them.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: The server crashed how is it my fault that I get in before them???????? I waited like a nice person and it bites me in the ass so next time i should just initiate no matter what " 2.2 Exploiting or abuse of game mechanics (AOGM) is gaining an unfair advantage by using game bugs or mechanics in a way that the developer did not intend them to work. Example of exploiting is loot cycling, placing objects inside walls or other places where the object would normally not fit in, driving vehicles underwater, creating impenetrable tent walls, or intentionally using indestructible objects as shields that effectively give you invulnerability." How does this in any way state the fact that YOUR server crashed while i initiate so i run back and reinitiate and give them a chance to log in instead of getting them while they aren't logged in?? Wtf am i supposed to do wait 15 mins then get them? that makes no sense IC as i literally went to initiate as it crashed 

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: Points off and ban removed.

What could you have done better?: Not played and waited for the server crash issue to be fixed.

Edited by Ravenous

I think what GMs meant in that verdict is that you used the fact that you logged in faster in order to gain unfair advantage over other players because they were still logging in, one by one and couldn't effectively defend themselves. That is abusing the game mechanic (server queue) and the fact that the server crashed to your advantage. As you may know this is a role play server, and what you've done is not very fair-play.

Posted (edited)

what am i meant to do? i was logged in for a few minutes so i waited for them to make it fair? i don't understand what i should of done if the server crashed as i go to drop my initiation? i didn't use my advantage to anything i literally went to initiate but it crashes. I waited for them to make it fair i don't see how the RP could of been better? I was stood there like what do i do now i can't just run away makes no sense 

Edited by Ravenous

5 minutes ago, Ravenous said:

what am i meant to do? i was logged in for a few minutes so i waited for them to make it fair? i don't understand what i should of done if the server crashed as i go to drop my initiation? i didn't use my advantage to anything i literally went to initiate but it crashes. I waited for them to make it fair i don't see how the RP could of been better? I was stood there like what do i do now i can't just run away makes no sense 

If allowed i would really like to speak to a GM or someone on discord as i feel i can explain my point a lot better as I'm pretty illiterate 

I would like to clarify as well I did not gain any advantage as I was already at the shack and saw them and when I tried to initiate the server crashes. it rolls me back and instead of instantly doing it and gaining an advantage by them not being there I wait for them to be ready and to be ready for the RP situation. I am in no way gaining anything from the restart if anything i lose more of an advantage as my boys are rolled back all the way to kab.

Posted (edited)

To further my point as it seems no one can understand what I am trying to say nor does anyone want to talk to me on discord about it (Which I understand can't always make time for someone else) this clip https://plays.tv/video/5ce8c3c8bbfa69490d/-1 clearly shows me giving them time I waited outside for them to be ready to roleplay the situation out. I dropped my first initiation before the restart. I say in the building put your hands and as I say this the server crashes. Bare in mind my group are around me as I drop this initiation. When I log back in my group are rolled back to kab(Instead of me "gaining an advantage" with AOGM I in fact lose the advantage and am put on my own) and I am rolled back just outside of kab. I Then run up to re-initiate but I see only one person is in the game. Instead of being an ass hole and initiating on one guy and making it not fair on his friend I wait. When I see his friend is in and moving (which you can see from his clip) I then re-drop the initiation. Everything I did was to make it fair for both parties to have a fair chance to roleplay and fight it out with the initiation. Thank you.

Edited by Ravenous

Greetings, 

After reviewing your appeal, we have come to the conclusion to deny your appeal. You logged in before the two people in the shed and initiated. You can see from the video that the one guy just got in when the initiation happened straight after. The one guy in the corner was not in the game yet and was still loading. The advantage you gained was from you having been in game before them and more prepared while they were still loading in. They did not have a fair advantage. In the future, make sure you wait longer if something like this happens again. We also suggest that if the server is crashing every 5 minuets that you don't engage in hostilities to prevent things like this happening again. 

With that said, appeal denied. 

Signed by myself with notes