Server time (UTC): 2019-09-18, 08:13
Sign in to follow this  
DERK

Bring Them Back?

Bring Them Back?  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wishful thinking. I'd like them back but sadly all they'll end up being is hot spots for constant initiations

+1 from me, I liked all the topics you talked about but sadly i don't think it'll be implemented.

20 minutes ago, OldSchool said:

Wishful thinking. I'd like them back but sadly all they'll end up being is hot spots for constant initiations

As is lots of places around the map already, there's been countless times where I've been the victim of mass initations in Kabainino or Stary. 

If theortically this were to be implemented for a group they would probably defend their home vigourasly against any attackers. 
Besdies it could be interesting RP when neutral groups open up trading camps etc for others player to come to.

I like this idea but the rules etc behind it needs to be fleshed out +1 

I deeply admire the passion you speak with about this type of project, but after seeing countless amounts of settlements either fall to inactivitiy of its inhabitants, constant attacks or the worst of all faiths - die due to the sudden growth of cancer within its walls I can only wish the best to whoever gives this a try, but struggle to believe this is possible.

I +1 this, but at the current state of the server... I doubt it'll be possible. I think it'll be a few weeks that these settlements are up, before they get abandoned like Malet said.

The only problem people have with this idea is that it'll be constantly attacked. If I'm not mistaken, this is a violation of rule 2.3. Why are we even having this discussion? Why is it acceptable to just say 'We can't do that because we'll constantly be attacked'. Why is that okay? It shouldn't be. We SHOULD be having a discussion on the implimentation of rule 2.3 in the server, else places like what was mentioned in the video might never be seen again.

I WANT to see something like this happen again, but with the current set of players and ever-increasing hostility, and the loose interpretation of the rules, I just don't see it happening. I want to change that, however. If I ever start up a settlement and it constantly gets attacked, preventing me from RPing in any way, you'd better believe I'd be all up in the forums trying to enforce a rule that is seldom enforced.

This is the sad reality of this server. It sucks that this is how far we've come, but it's not like we have another choice. 

Posted (edited)

Places like that would die off very quickly so what's the point anyway? No one is going to spend their time designing their settlements just for them to fell victim to constant attacks, harrassing, etc.

Edited by Tewudin

I would love to see content like that IG, and with some simple settlement rules they would bring a lot to the server. The con of it being constantly attacked can be fixed within settlements rules, a group can only attack a settlement once every 3 days, as an example.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, CraigRB said:

I would love to see content like that IG, and with some simple settlement rules they would bring a lot to the server. The con of it being constantly attacked can be fixed within settlements rules, a group can only attack a settlement once every 3 days, as an example.

Or some siege system and every approved group would had to register.

Edited by Rinkatorin

17 minutes ago, BreadERP said:

The only problem people have with this idea is that it'll be constantly attacked. If I'm not mistaken, this is a violation of rule 2.3. Why are we even having this discussion? Why is it acceptable to just say 'We can't do that because we'll constantly be attacked'. Why is that okay? It shouldn't be.

If I'm not mistaken one of the problems with the rule is the definition of "constant". What does it mean? And what if multiple groups band together and basically rotate in attacking? I agree with you, but the rules leave a lot of questions open currently.

22 minutes ago, BreadERP said:

The only problem people have with this idea is that it'll be constantly attacked. If I'm not mistaken, this is a violation of rule 2.3. Why are we even having this discussion? Why is it acceptable to just say 'We can't do that because we'll constantly be attacked'. Why is that okay? It shouldn't be. We SHOULD be having a discussion on the implimentation of rule 2.3 in the server, else places like what was mentioned in the video might never be seen again.

I WANT to see something like this happen again, but with the current set of players and ever-increasing hostility, and the loose interpretation of the rules, I just don't see it happening. I want to change that, however. If I ever start up a settlement and it constantly gets attacked, preventing me from RPing in any way, you'd better believe I'd be all up in the forums trying to enforce a rule that is seldom enforced.

This is the sad reality of this server. It sucks that this is how far we've come, but it's not like we have another choice. 

Given a group was archived and all of its members permakilled over a rule 2.3 verdict (albeit, the first time I've seen a 2.3 actually found guilty) it would seem the rule is being applied. People just need to keep records.

Posted (edited)

What can I say... you know how to play me.

Good presenatation with passionate voice won me over...

Best part being the sad music that played on the background and seeing TP hit me with nostalgia and stuff.

Yay.

EDIT: add Prud lake back for some nice R and R hotspot.

Edited by Shanoby

I think as an idea this could work wonders into making South Zagoria feel more vibrant, bringing life to the map we all have been playing for years. 

Though there is the concern of being attacked constantly. I think if someone had enough grit to keep to their goals and stand their ground and handle situations wisely with diplomacy, some of these custom spots could evolve into viable hotspots that could benefit the whole server.

Like the barricaded gas station in the "Esseker" map if anyone remembers that. Played a lot of Arma 3 exile on that map.

+1 from me, the benefit of a change of scenery and more locations overshadows what at it's core is a people problem.  People problems can be solved in at least 50% of the cases.

1 minute ago, Shanoby said:

What can I say... you know how to play me.

Good presenatation with passionate voice won me over...

Best part being the sad music that played on the background and seeing TP hit me with nostalgia and stuff.

Yay.

😉

I wouldnt mind settlements again as they always worked in the past and gave some decent RP aswell as PVP. o7 Altar Castle

As for a trade post im against it unless there are multiple around the map. Only thing TP was good for back in the Mod was setting up roadblocks to stop traders and enforce rules aswell as get gear.

I think anything like this needs to occur once the map can be edited rathee than using the DayZ basebuilding mechanics. Id love to see roadblocks make a return but with the state the DayZ vehicles are in its just not worth it.

Ive been an advocate of custom locations for quite some time. I dont know if it would be wise to do them for groups or just add to the map and then groups can claim them.

I am sure people will be attacking and fighting over these settlements but then again, that already happens even with the current bases.

And unless it's excessive attacking, I dont see anything wrong with hostile interactions towards them, it is probably what would happen in real as well.

Settlements were awesome, reviewed by staff and the community, a lot of serious effort went into the ones we had in mod.

Each group was only allowed to attack a settlement every 24 hours (this was a rule added after months of settlement wars, gooood times).

Also with todays current rules you have to be an RPer or else ur gonna have a bad time, so settlements would be dope imo. 

The problem is standalone still sucks balls overall so I'm not sure if we could pull this off.

Posted (edited)

Always been a fan of larger customized settlements like Diesal Plant and Ravens Nest from mod days.

I'd like to see them brought back, along with other additions such as a bridge to the prison island and a connection to Skalisty.

Because ultimately, basebuilding currently is lack-luster and quite buggy, making settlements that are much more refined that only require the building of the gate, or several is the way to go forward, and it further removes the ability to grief in terms of base destruction.

Edited by Ducky

Having settlements made from scrap items. Like containers, broken vehicles, debris, haybales. It's a nice touch and adds some realism. Why would you make a whole new wooden wall if you can just throw a traffic sign against some poles.

I don't think they'll last if the people protecting them throw their hands up with every hostile situation, it will be a waste of time making defenses you'll never use.

I would definitely like to see places like that again, especially with that kind of lore behind them.

+1

I will admit I do miss The Gray Fangs headquarters (Solace) sitting proudly on top of Klen.

Settlements only work well when there are enough people to oversee/run it. Tends to go well for a bit the is descends into a shit show of groups initiating on them constantly which happened to Solace eventually.

If it happens there needs to be a balanced amount settlements to spread the RP load so it's not concentrated on a couple places or conversely not enough going on which is a difficult thing to judge.

Saying all that I'd like to see a few more permanent settlements dotted around.

Absolutely no "group settlements" that are build by and for groups as defensive structures, we have base building for that.

Unique points of interest however, that sounds like a great idea, places that everyone can use and meet at.

Posted (edited)

These look amazing, I'm with everyone else in that settlements get attacked like crazy lazy which could dampen the mood and ultimately end in these places becoming abandoned. I really wish something could be done with settlements being attacked from the same people everyday. I know if I were the leader of a hostile group I'd only come in weekly for "tax" or something to allow everyone to enjoy the game.

Anyways, I'd give this a +1 but something would have to be done with attacks on settlements. They look awesome and could bring a new light to the servers and add realism 🙂 I'd also like to add that I'd like to see them added as something like trading posts or something along those lines so that traders can setup shop without having it spoiled

Edited by Saunders