Server time (UTC): 2019-06-26, 07:10
Sign in to follow this  
BigTom

Rule 4.2

Sorry, I'm still a bit new here and just have a few questions about attacker and defender rights. When do you actively gain them during an initiation? Is there some kind of provocation that has to take place before? I've read this rule a few times over and am not sure I completely understand. I was hoping maybe someone could give me some in game examples so I could fully understand when its ok to use these rights. I figured it was better to ask before hand than to guess in an in game situation.

Posted (edited)

Hello @BigTom!

If you are unsure I'd defintely stay away from being hostile until you get yourself familiar with them. That being said I'll run over some scenarios with you to try and give you a better understanding. Also note that you should try and kill people as a last resort, furthering RP is always the best option rather than just blowing somebody away. Also, from the way you asked this question I get the impression you're confused by more than just rule 4.2 and I'll be more than happy to go over the whole thing with you so you can fully understand the hostilities rule!

Would you be willing to add me on discord so that we can have free flowing conversations to make things easier to explain and help you understand more. Going back and forth over a thread is not the best way to get answers imo as if you have questions about something I say it would be much easier to type back via discord. If so, click my name on the forums and drop me a private message with your discord name#0000 (example) and i'll go over any queries you have about this specific rule.

Edited by Saunders

Say you want to attack a person because they kicked your dog, you have to locate them and ensure they are the right person then initiate on them with a clear demand. For instance, 

Raises a gun, "Put your hands up or I'm going to shoot you."

At this point you have ATTACKER rights and they gain DEFENDER rights. If you're alone or with one other person, and it's only you against them, they can either defend themselves and shoot you or they can comply by putting their hands up. If you follow this so far, specify what further questions you have so we can clarify each one.

Saunders has helped me and now I understand. Thank you all for your help and concern. Could we /close the thread please? 

It's not a problem @BigTom!

If you ever need anything else I'm always a pm away my friend 🙂