Server time (UTC): 2019-06-16, 19:40
Sign in to follow this  
Crim

Add A Pump To The Prison Island?

Pump?  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A real simple suggestion, add a pump to the Island?  Without a pump its a pain swimming back and forth to get a water top-up.  
I'm sure it won't make the server perform any worse lol. 

There should only be two options. Yes & Yes, but with a water pump.

I guess the real question is why not? Something small could be a nice change if it can be done.

I mean this effectively means people can live on the island and never have to come off it.

I'm in two minds about it, one part of me goes "yeah that'd be really cool". The other part of me goes "well if nobody ever has to leave the island, that means people can sit in a corner of the map indefinitely, and don't have to leave the island meaning things like ambushes can't happen to get them as they leave the island for supplies etc. 

Adding a water pump would make so much sense ICly. Instead of them having to constantly ship supplies to the prison the water source for guards could be at the barracks. Prisoners get tap water.

I'd prefer potentially being able to build a water pump, if its possible to mod that in 😄

I'm with @Para on this one, it would make it too easy to hold the island indefinitely.

From a realism/Lore point of view, the way they would get water there is probably from a water processing plant, something that would not work anymore in the Lore. The water pumps spread around the map draw water directly from a ground source, you wouldn't have that at an island of that size most likely.

We are planning on adding other ways of collecting water, like an improvised water collector using tarp and barrel, it's a bit further down the road though.

+1 for adding a pump. ICly and in lore it would make sense to have a source of freshwater, and if people aren't willing to add a pump then we should have some form of way to build things like rain catchers or saltwater distillers to make saltwater drinkable for survival.

I don't care if that makes people static on the map, I think that would be a good idea because that would mean there is 100% someone at a area to RP and it could perhaps be a hotspot colony? Make RP pretty unique and entertaining again.

We should have pumps all over the place honestly. I miss the old pump locations too. Especially when Severograd had four.

#ripwormwell, #ripdoublegreen, #ripconstruction, #ripparkinglot

Old callouts are useless lol

yeah but add it to the pump is down by the shore as it is OP in the prison if it gets attacked 

Posted (edited)

Anytime prisons were built on islands they were built to be self sufficient. In fact, prisons in general are built with this purpose in mind (at least ones throughout the South U.S.) so they could operate in times of disaster if need be. Obviously ground water on islands have a lot of different factors to where you can or can not pull water from but it's not impossible. If you're going to add it I would say add one by the outside civilian barracks area to combat long term sieges. 

Edited by Zero

It’s a tiny island, the only water they would get from the ground is salt water.

Making people leaving the confines of a literal island fortress? Yes please.

Just now, California said:

It’s a tiny island, the only water they would get from the ground is salt water.

Making people leaving the confines of a literal island fortress? Yes please.

There are infected that take only a few shots to dispatch, the militarys of the world lost to them. A Eastern European country is filled with more people from Western English speaking countries then it is with natives and other countries like Takistan and Chernarus. I think we can suspend reality just a bit. The island is pointless as a base without some sort of water or collection system as the swim nearly kills you and you have to drink constantly because the game is broken. 

56 minutes ago, Misho said:

I'm with @Para on this one, it would make it too easy to hold the island indefinitely.

From a realism/Lore point of view, the way they would get water there is probably from a water processing plant, something that would not work anymore in the Lore. The water pumps spread around the map draw water directly from a ground source, you wouldn't have that at an island of that size most likely.

We are planning on adding other ways of collecting water, like an improvised water collector using tarp and barrel, it's a bit further down the road though.

It's actually incredibly hard to hold that damn island (take it from someone who has tried numerous times), what easy to do is hold the prison complex. Even if the pump was just on the landing point by the shed/docks, it would make living on the island actually viable, and still easy for any invading for to take said pump.

I mean not only would it make sense IC'ily it would also help with people who want to setup a group based on Prison Island. 

I don't really see what's bad about this suggestion so i hope it's added cause it would make sense for there to be a pump on the island. 

Para makes a fair point, I voted no. 

This suggestion promotes isolation, especially if you take into consideration the new basebuilding mechanics and that it takes 7 years to swim anywhere. I don't like isolation, therefore I say no to this suggestion.

Posted (edited)

FYI making the prision island easily defend able could be a good thing?

Make a part of the map actually mechanically nice to hold for a change. 

If it causes people to spread out more by having some in the triangle and some down south then im all for it

Edited by The Traveler

1 hour ago, Monday said:

I'd prefer potentially being able to build a water pump, if its possible to mod that in 😄

That will be in the next update after the current one.

Me: *swims across to the island*

Man on island with megaphone, before i make landfall: "You come on the island you will be shot"

Me: *Physically can no longer RP with anybody on the island*

No one location should be an impenetrable fortress of solitude. Grow food, stay on an island with water and a location that spawns gear for you. You physically never have to leave the island, and unless I go there whilst you're logged out you can initiate on anybody coming over. The swim across itself took me down 25% hp, so if I have to swim back instantly it's -50%, or get onto the island and die bc I'm swimming and can be shot easily. 

If there was a bridge implemented I'd care less, bc people could just run across and have an easy way to move between the island and main land. Yes you'd still be able to initiate on whoever you'd like, but it'd be easier back and forth and would leave a potential way to fight across.

Absolutely down with this. If you could collect sea water it would be a non issue, but you can't so pls add a pump.

I should of been more specific.  I meant the pump to be added at the pier / shed area at the base of the hill.

You can't build around there.  

For those of you thinking that it gives whoever settles there some sort of upperhand, you’re mistaken. Prison Island even with all the building we have now can still be taken. Just ask Ser Bronn

I don’t mind having a water pump there

+1 for this. I went there, got thirsty, drank some stuff and was hella' sick.