RDM and Attempted RDM S1 03:15 Pavlovo

Server and location: S1, Pavlovo

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 03:15 05/25/2019

Your in game name: Marshal Emmrich

Names of allies involved: Mattias Reese, Megan Harris, Tom Stacy

Name of suspect/s: Discord Name: Quiet Pro

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): N/A

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): N/A

Detailed description of the events: I was in Pavilovo waiting for my friends to arrive on Server 1, as we’d discovered we were on separate servers. I was bandaging up after having to deal with some infected by the convenience store when I got shot out of nowhere, taking shots to my chest I noticed later, thankfully I was wearing a plate carrier. I took cover and informed my friends, who were already in que, to be careful that I’d just been shot. My friends, having decided they were already in the queue, continued on to log in when one of them, Tom Stasy, was logging in and was shot immediately upon spawning inside a shed. My other friend, Mattis Reese, had managed to log in completely and was startled to see a guy turn on him with a gun aimed. He saw our other friend on the ground dead beyond the individual, and raised his gun and fired feeling under threat as Tom was already dead on the ground knowing he had just logged in, that this guy was shooting without warning. There was no initiation, no warning, no contact whatsoever. I heard no gunfire arriving in the area indicating an ongoing firefight, and was not displaying any allegiance as I don’t currently have any.

Mattis Reese POV: While swapping servers from server 2 to 1 to meet up with @ItzThatcher, as he had run all the way from EDEN to us to meet up only to find out we were on different servers, we're informed that he was shot at by an unknown party, and vaguely describes the individual he saw in a field. Upon logging in, we are debating filing an attempted RDM report and are all posted up in sheds and such while debating this, and @LoreRp was just logging in as he had been at the back of the queue. I heard a set of footsteps run past my shed, open a few doors near me, then run across the street and I heard about 8-10 gunshots go off in rapid succession. I ran from my shed as @LoreRp exclaimed that he just logged in dead, and ran to where he had logged out. The suspect in question ran out of the shed I knew Lore to have been in, with Lore's rifle in hand, and made a beeline right for me. Understanding the situation in the moment to be that this man just gunned down my friend in cold blood, I shot him six times as his gun came up, killing him. I called it out, Thatcher came over and said "That's the same fucking guy that tried to kill me at the store, yep, that's him", and then 20 seconds later, the server crashed.

I talked to the accused over DMs, and as you can see in the attatched screenshots of said DMs, the individual in question admits to shooting Lore, fails to explain why he shot at my other friend, fails to do anything but offer excuses and gives an 'oh well' attitude about the whole encounter, denying fault and even going so far as to call my friend dumb for logging out in a shed, and me being obtuse for not being satisfied with his responses, in which the whole time it's just him excusing his actions and being irritated he's not being automatically pardoned.

And yes, perhaps I'm being a bit of an asshole, but that's how I'm going to act to somebody that just yeeted my friend in his first hour on the server that then doesn't even offer an apology.

b64b9811163d2d075f0b8559ba32d71e.png

6d5d7a1076a7f5c2728f78ca3b7a17f9.png

6b1eb71e456eca4bcc5fce506e6486d8.png

df33dbf1f045302b6dfa667a58a717e2.png

9b3fbd7a76168d94b16d1b2db31d7e06.png

Posted (edited)

I can't offer much to this, I Play Megan Harris. We'd been hanging out in Pavilovo on Server 2 waiting on our friend. Soon realised he was on Server 1 so we disconnected and went over there, I went to get a drink and I hadn't entered the que when the others did. When it all happened I still hadn't logged in yet.

Edited by Chaostica

Connection Logs:

Spoiler
02:20:30 | Player "Laura Collins" is connected
03:28:18 | Player "Laura Collins" has been disconnected

03:24:30 | Player "Tom Stacy" is connected
03:31:46 | Player "Tom Stacy" is connected
04:21:49 | Player "Tom Stacy" has been disconnected

03:22:04 | Player "Mattis Reese" is connected
05:10:39 | Player "Mattis Reese" is connected
05:41:08 | Player "Mattis Reese" has been disconnected

02:48:14 | Player "Marshal Emmrich" is connected
04:43:15 | Player "Marshal Emmrich" is connected
04:44:40 | Player "Marshal Emmrich" has been disconnected

Hit Logs:

Spoiler
03:17:09 | Player "Marshal Emmrich" hit by Player "Laura Collins" with FX-45 from 33.3199 meters 

03:26:26 | Player "Tom Stacy" hit by Player "Laura Collins" with FX-45 from 3.96027 meters 
03:26:26 | Player "Tom Stacy" hit by Player "Laura Collins" with FX-45 from 3.96027 meters 
03:26:35 | Player "Tom Stacy" hit by Player "Laura Collins" with FX-45 from 2.04613 meters 

03:27:53 | Player "Laura Collins" hit by Player "Mattis Reese" with M16A4 from 5.31051 meters 
03:27:53 | Player "Laura Collins" hit by Player "Mattis Reese" with M16A4 from 5.31051 meters 
03:27:55 | Player "Laura Collins" hit by Player "Mattis Reese" with M16A4 from 10.5439 meters 
03:27:56 | Player "Laura Collins" hit by Player "Mattis Reese" with M16A4 from 13.4178 meters 
03:27:56 | Player "Laura Collins" hit by Player "Mattis Reese" with M16A4 from 13.4178 meters 

Kill Logs:

Spoiler
03:26:26 | Player "Tom Stacy" (DEAD) killed by Player "Laura Collins" with FX-45 from 3.96027 meters 
03:27:55 | Player "Laura Collins" (DEAD) killed by Player "Mattis Reese" with M16A4 from 10.5439 meters 

CALLING IN TO POST POVS, PLEASE DO NOT ADD ANYTHING UNLESS YOU ARE DIRECTLY INVOLVED.

@QuietPro | Laura Collins | POSTED
@The Marshal | Mattis Reese | POSTED
@ItzThatcher | Marshal Emmrich | POSTED
@LoreRp | Tom Stacy | 

If anyone has VIDEO EVIDENCE please add. 
Thank you.

@QuietPro, seeming you have got in game within the last 30 minutes - you have been temp banned until you write your POV.

Guest QuietPro

Well, it just like marshal said, but there was no ill will with it. I was conned and shot at in pavlova base, escaped, found the guy heading to pavlova proper. Lost sight again when i got into town. Was meaning to capture by ko or kill, saw marshalls first friend looked like the guy with different headgear same gun mowing down zombies in front of store, made a headshot from window but no ko and ran opposite to treeline, buttonhooked back to find him, so i decided to sweep the buildings north to south. Got to a shed 30m from where i shot the guy and opened, and there was a player with a scar right in front of my face. My reaction by the surprise and adrenaline of chasing down a shooter for the 1st time was i shot him and realized it wasnt him after, and didnt have any bandage or revive option because he was dead so i figured id do a gear drop at the shed (i didnt want any of his gear, i had an awesome loadout and dont rob people) and when i finally got into his inventory i heard footateps. I grabbed his scar and was shot before i could retreat to cover to find out what was going on. Marshall came into the convo on discord accusatory and kind of ticked me off bc im not a griefer. Thats all i have and i even told them to give my gear to that guy including nvgs and nvg scope and tons of water and food. I would have apologized if he had a better attitude about it.

@QuietPro your temp ban has been removed. In future, please make sure to check the forums to avoid this from happening again.

Guest QuietPro

Sure thing, thank you. By chance can you see who it was that shot at me from pavlova base right before all this?

Posted (edited)

So, for clarifications sake, and from my understanding of the explanation, an interaction happened at Pavlovo Military in which somebody shot at QuietPro's character, and shots were fired *there*. They chased their aggressor in the direction of Pavlovo town and lost sight of them. In town, They then see Thatcher (Wearing black jeans, a denim jacket, a ballcap, and a black plate carrier with a SCAR L Rifle) and use lethal force to attempt to subdue this person. Mildly understandable. Thatcher did attempt to make vocal contact with you but it seems you were too concerned with retreating.

The accused defense in DMs is that my friends shouldn't have been in a firefight zone. But they weren't, as the shots exchanged were in Pavlovo Military between the accused and his alleged 'conman', not the town, and once shots started getting fired at us we turtled up.

Then you come back around, start poking in and around sheds, passing by inside of 5 feet of me and Thatcher, then open the shed where @LoreRp was just logging in and shoot him (For visualization, Lore was wearing black military boots, CUU Woodland military pants, Olive field jacket, olive tactical vest, and a black cowboy hat, looking *Nothing* like the alleged shooter from the military) 

What I don't understand is how someone just goes around lighting up everyone in the next town over because they got shot at in the nearby military installation regardless of how those people look or are dressed. The aggressor as you describe them "Looking like [Thatcher]" would mean they're wearing civilian clothing with a black plate carrier, yet you also killed someone else wearing all green and a cowboy hat. The only thing that was the same across both victims in this case was they both had SCAR rifles, which is rare and might be used as an identifier in some cases, but unfortunately for the accused this resulted in him not PIDing his targets, fucking up one friend who was saved only by the grace of his plate carrier and murdering another before he even logged all the way in.

Edited by The Marshal

Guest QuietPro

How is my explaination unclear? Are you really trying to csi this to death or are you a lawyer? Either way the gm's lifted the ban and im not running around murdering people, adapt and overcome buddy, it was an honest mistake on my part. im still learning this game and it looks like a good one, dont be a wet blanket and ruin it

Cut the back and forth. This is your only warning.

@LoreRp You will be Temp Banned until you provide your full detailed POV. 

@QuietPro - Laura Collins | Invalid Kill (On Sight), Attempted Invalid Kill

Summary:

@QuietPro had been shot in a prior altercation and was pursuing defender rights on the person who shot them. He came upon @ItzThatcher@The Marshal and @LoreRp. @QuietPro proceeded to fire at @LoreRp, killing them. He then fired at @ItzThatcher and was shot by @The Marshal as a result. 

While @QuietPro had defender rights from being shot, it is their responsibility to correctly identify their shooter. Furthermore, the defense rights apply only to the person who shot at @QuietPro, not their allies since none of them are in an approved group. 

@QuietPro we recommend you be more mindful in identifying your target before shooting, utilizing roleplay as a tool to gain information and ensure you have the right person. We also recommend you refamiliarize yourself with the rules below and put roleplay ahead of PvP. 

The rules that support this are as follows:

• 4.2 When your life is at risk or you are subjected to a hostile action by other players you are allowed to defend yourself. This is granted by two different "kill rights" that you can gain based on circumstances of the situation like which side caused the hostile situation and which side you are on.
    • If you are a defender - the one being initiated on or subjected to other hostile actions that threaten your life which you did not start or provoke - you are allowed to defend yourself by gaining  DEFENDER RIGHTS on the attackers. Defender rights allow you to kill attackers for 2 hours or until your character dies. Defender rights can be shared with anyone who you recently role played with as well as all your group members if you are a part of an approved group.
    • If you are an attacker - the one who first did the initiation or started, caused or provoked the hostile situation - you are allowed to defend yourself by gaining  ATTACKER RIGHTS on the defenders. Attacker rights allow you to kill defenders for 1 hour or until your character dies. Attacker rights can be only be shared with your approved group members. If you are not a part of an approved group, attacker rights cannot be shared and apply only for your character.
  • 4.3 You shouldn't use defender or attacker rights in situations where it doesn't make in-character sense as it can be seen as rule play. In other words, obtaining kill rights alone does not give you explicit permission to use them any time you want and in all situations. Think about if using them to kill another character is viable in the current situation considering role play and In Character information. Kill rights gained from any rule breaks (including but not limited to baiting, invalid initiation) are considered invalid and their use will be punished in the same way as if they were not obtained at all.

Verdict:

@QuietPro - Laura Collins | Invalid Kill (On Sight), Attempted Kill | Guilty - 7 day ban and 15 warning points

@LoreRp - Tom Stacy | Temp Banned, Post an appeal with your PoV to be unbanned. 

Signed: @Randy & @Xehara