S1 invalid initiation/kos stary

Posted (edited)

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 5/25/2019 around 22

Your in game name:Jake Powers

Names of allies involved: dannick opticillunitic dany1

Name of suspect/s: unknown

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): none

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): none

Detailed description of the events: was in stary with some friends, dannick, optic, and dany, we were buying things at the shop during day, relaxing chilling all that. then it turns night time and i'm just standing there on the sidewalk, beside dannick. I suddenly hear "(inaudible) and fal hands up", the person said it twice, the only thing i could understand was fal and hands up. My back was against the wall, I walked back off the sidewalk after the initiation drops, I look behind me, and then I walk back to the sidewalk after I see no one is behind me and I walk down the road towards kab, I took about ten steps then I got lit up by an SVD and died. It would be different if someone said "everybody hands up" but the initiation was on one person and it was unclear

Edited by Powerjake

Posted (edited)

Tyler Pearce's POV: I am sitting down on the wall just chilling in Stary talking to people. We were waiting for it to be day again so we could leave as I was the only one out of all of us that had NVG's. Everything was pretty chill, I did notice people running around with a gun out behind the wall I was sitting on but at the time I didn't think anything of it. Someone drops an initiation in which myself even with night vision goggles could not see, the individual says something about "something something--- Fal, hands up" in which PowerJake has no clue what is going on and walks around looking to see if they were talking to him because the initiation was so unclear. You can see he does not see anyone and is extremely confused so he goes to walk down the road and makes it about 10 steps only to get shot and killed by someone with an SVD out front of the supermarket on top of one of the Caravans, I believe this individual was ScarRP as he was talking earlier although it was super dark even with the NVG's and hard to tell if he is wearing the same stuff I saw him wearing earlier. After seeing that PowerJake was killed, I jump off the back off the back of the wall, and pull my gun out because it seemed like someone had beef with us for absolutely no reason. Pretty sure it was The House and co. although I cannot confirm, the logs will show who it was.

My Video Evidence: https://plays.tv/video/5ce9c71968eaab90cf/wtf

Edited by Dannick

Kill Logs:

22:45:08 | Player "Jake Powers" (DEAD) killed by Player "Jivan Simonian" with VSD from 30.753 meters

Hit Logs:

22:45:08 | Player "Jake Powers" hit by Player "Jivan Simonian" with VSD from 30.753 meters 
22:45:08 | Player "Jake Powers" hit by Player "Jivan Simonian" with VSD from 30.753 meters

Connection Logs:

22:55:17 | Player "Jake Powers" is connected
22:59:55 | Player "Jake Powers" (DEAD) died.

23:56:28 | Player "Jivan Simonian" is connected
00:25:14 | Player "Jivan Simonian" has been disconnected

Calling In:

@Powerjake - Jake Powers | POSTED

@Dannick - Tyler Pearce | POSTED

@Opticillunitic - McKenzie MathisPOSTED

@ZorullRP - Jivan Simonian | POSTED

@JackZRP - -- | 

For your full PoV and any video evidence, you may have. Please also list the character name you were playing as at this time for clarity. 

McKenzie Mathis POV: I was speaking to someone across the street from this situation. Just before it happened, I walked off towards the Stary tents. The only information I have to provide is a radio call I received following the situation from Tyler Peirce (Dannick) informing me that Jake Powers (Powerjake) had been shot. 

Logs Updated, please update PoVs with the character you were on at the time as well, thank you.

Since @ZorullRP has visited the forums 11 hours ago and been in game 6 hours ago after being called into the report, he will be temp banned until he writes his POV.

@Dannick @Powerjake @Opticillunitic - do you have video evidence?

POV:

Jack initiates, the guy he initiated on with his gun in his hand sprints then jogs further down the wall facing the direction of the initiation. Giving him ample time to comply and him indicating he wanted to fight by sprinting with his gun in his hands etc.. I took the shot.

@ZorullRP your temp ban has been removed. In future, please respond to the report when called in and keep an eye on the forums in case of anything like this occurring again.

@JackZRP Please provide your PoV and the character name you were using at the time.

Jack Jackson: 

Chilled in the town and initiated on the guy, i shouted north face beanie and fal put your hands up, he clearly acknowledged that it was him and ran away from the initiation and as seen in the video did not comply at all by running away, not putting his hands up and keeping his gun in his hands looking towards the direction of the initiation. After initiating and him not complying resulting in his death i walked back into the town to chill.

They also lied earlier;

On 5/26/2019 at 12:50 AM, Dannick said:

PowerJake has no clue what is going on and walks around looking to see if they were talking to him because the initiation was so unclear. 

He clearly knew it was him, it's easy to see in the video, he didn't comply and was shot my by team mate, the initiation was clear as day despite the fact i stuttered but i repeated myself afterwards.

Not trying to go back and forth but it was midnight and you initiated on someone when you were 15-20m away. You say and I quote “North base feanie and fal, north face bean and fal put your hands up” in which he walks around looking to see what is going on and when he goes to run out of the way because he did not want to get caught in a gunfight and then gets shot. The initiation was so unclear and in the darkness of night without NVG’s how is someone suppose to know they are being initiated on when the person is 15-20m away, despite describing what they look like. Just out of curiosity what was the original reason for the holdup? @JackZRP

40 minutes ago, Dannick said:

Not trying to go back and forth but it was midnight and you initiated on someone when you were 15-20m away. You say and I quote “North base feanie and fal, north face bean and fal put your hands up” in which he walks around looking to see what is going on and when he goes to run out of the way because he did not want to get caught in a gunfight and then gets shot. The initiation was so unclear and in the darkness of night without NVG’s how is someone suppose to know they are being initiated on when the person is 15-20m away, despite describing what they look like. Just out of curiosity what was the original reason for the holdup? @JackZRP

He could have literally just put his hands up if he was unclear. It's on him.

Posted (edited)

not gonna say anything else gonna let the admins make this decision

Edited by Powerjake

Outcome

Invalid Initiation - NOT GUILTY

Invalid Kill (on sight) - NOT GUILTY

Explanation

To explain shortly,  @ZorullRP and @JackZRP initiate on people in the dark in Stary Sobor. The whole village surrender apart from @Powerjake whom acknowledges the initiation and runs away - therefore being killed for non-compliance. Even though it was dark, the initiation was clear for everyone to hear and acknowledge making the kill when @Powerjake ran away, valid as this gave @ZorullRP and @JackZRP attacker rights.

Spoiler

4.2 When your life is at risk or you are subjected to a hostile action by other players you are allowed to defend yourself. This is granted by two different "kill rights" that you can gain based on circumstances of the situation like which side caused the hostile situation and which side you are on.

If you are a defender - the one being initiated on or subjected to other hostile actions that threaten your life which you did not start or provoke - you are allowed to defend yourself by gaining  DEFENDER RIGHTS on the attackers. Defender rights allow you to kill attackers for 2 hours or until your character dies. Defender rights can be shared with anyone who you recently role played with as well as all your group members, if you are a part of an approved group.

If you are an attacker - the one who first did the initiation or started, caused or provoked the hostile situation - you are allowed to defend yourself by gaining  ATTACKER RIGHTS on the defenders. Attacker rights allow you to kill defenders for 1 hour or until your character dies. Attacker rights can be only be shared with your approved group members. If you are not a part of an approved group, attacker rights can not be shared and apply only for your character.

4.3 You shouldn't use defender or attacker rights in situations where it doesn't make in-character sense as it can be seen as rule play. In other words, obtaining kill rights alone does not give you explicit permission to use them any time you want and in all situations. Think about if using them to kill another character is viable in the current situation considering role play and In Character information. Kill rights gained from any rule breaks (including but not limited to baiting, invalid initiation) are considered invalid and their use will be punished in the same way as if they were not obtained at all.

4.4 Hostile situations must focus on the role play experience of both attackers and victims. Both sides should actively participate and contribute to role play in all situations, any disputes or issues can be discussed and resolved afterwards.

As an attacker you may NOT:

Attack other players just for the sake of gear by doing a quick robbery that involves little to no role play.

Ignore your victims. You must provide an engaging role play to keep things interesting for the victims at all times.

As a victim you may NOT:

Pretend to be fearless, emotionless, not feel pain, or otherwise be unaffected by the situation where your life is at risk in a hostile situation.

Be passive during the hostile role play and refuse to actively participate in it. Just sitting there and not contributing to role play can make the situation very boring for the attackers.

In future, if you find an initiation has been dropped - the safest thing to do is surrender if you are unsure. Therefore you are not caught in a crossfire or seen as non-complying. 

Verdict

@JackZRP - Invalid Initiation - NOT GUILTY - No action taken

@ZorullRP - Invalid Initiation and Invalid Kill (on sight) - NOT GUILTY - No action taken

Signed by @Mademoiselle, @Xehara and @Randy