Server time (UTC): 2019-06-26, 13:05
Sign in to follow this  
AidanVC

Invalid Kill (on sight) S1 Kabanino Appeal.

Posted (edited)

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

Why the verdict is not fair:

I was banned for KOS (on sight). I feel like this verdict is unfair because of the circumstances of the OP approaching an active gunfight and getting killed due to mistaken identity. I don’t feel this fits the bill of Invalid Kill(on sight) and would rather be Invalid kill (gunfight).

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: I am upstairs in the piano house dealing with hostage #1 (Lunathecat) my friends outside take a guy hostage, who I don’t get a good description of. The second hostage pulls an AK and guns down my friend, Modi Mundi. The OP hears this volley of shots which to anyone with any sort of experience is clearly a gunfight or atleast someone getting sprayed down and he chooses to approach, watch the shooter run away, and stand in the doorway peering at the body without saying a word or attempting to identify himself at all. When I rush downstairs I see him in the doorway and shoot him, and realized after the fact this couldn’t have been the guy that shot, and I admit that. When I rushed down the stairs, I saw modi Mundi dead, and the other two doors closed. I know the shooter is either hiding in the corner to my left, or running out the door to my left. When I peak the left, I see someone in the doorway I suspect the shooter to be in, see a player, and shoot him. This all happens in a matter of seconds.I know I’m in the wrong, but I feel there is a clear difference between me straight KOSing someone with no logic or reasoning behind it which imo would be Invalid Kill (on sight) and that of a misidentification and Invalid kill (gunfight). Based on various reports I’ve read, the definition of a Invalid Kill-firefight, is exactly what I’ve done here. The OP approached the scene of an active firefight and I shot him not blatantly trying to KOS, but misidentifying him as the shooter in an active firefight.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: Lessen my WP and Ban. 

What could you have done better?: Better identified the hostile targets of the gunfight and communicated better. 

Edited by AidanVC

The staff team have reviewed your appeal and we have come to a conclusion. We have taken into account that you are a newer member of the community and you made a mistake. You will still be punished for that but we have decided to give you a lesser punishment and reduce your ban to 2 days and 5 warning points. Please refrain from this situation happening again because next time we will not be so lenient and you will receive the standard punishment.

Appeal Accepted | Punishment reduced to 2 day ban and 5 warning points. 

Signed by: @Randy and myself with notes.