Server time (UTC): 2019-09-15, 10:45
Sign in to follow this  
AidanVC

S1 South End of NWAF

Posted (edited)

Server and location: S1 South end of NWAF

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 2019-05-25 4:00

Your in game name: Dalton Weathers

Names of allies involved: Tyler Pearce, Buck Ryan, Tyler Pearce, Mckenzie Mathis, Jake Powers

Name of suspect/s: Unknown House Members

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): none

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): https://plays.tv/video/5ce8c3c8bbfa69490d/-1

Detailed description of the events: We got into a gunfight with House in Kabanino and Killed all of them who were present. We ran to NWAF and were sorting all the gear we had gotten when the server crashed. As we logged back in, we were initiated on one at a time while spawning.As I stood up trying to figure out what was going on we got sprayed at by a FAL so I tried my best to fight. Buck traded with one and then we received fire from a bunch of different directions and died. I don't really know what the rule for this is, but there's no way it's allowed to camp us and initiate while we're logging in giving us no chance to defend ourselves or one another. Myself and Buck were the only two people in the server as the rest of my group hadn't even made it through queue yet when we got initiated on. I think this would be clear abuse of game mechanics.

2.2 Exploiting or abuse of game mechanics (AOGM) is gaining an unfair advantage by using game bugs or mechanics in a way that the developer did not intend them to work..

Edited by AidanVC

My POV: I spawned in mid gunfight after Buck Ryan was dead, and Aidan was still alive, I was so confused because I logged in after the gunfight because of a server crash. I ran away from the initial building that the initiation took place in, I took shots on the enemies and ended up running away because I was overwhelmed and confused as I had no clue what was going on along with all of that, all of my group was dead.

Hit Logs

Spoiler
04:00:28 | Player "Zac Biggem" hit by Player "Dalton Weathers" with BK-133 from 6.88264 meters 
04:01:31 | Player "Dalton Weathers" hit by Player "Ivan Petrenkov" with LAR from 79.9509 meters 
04:01:35 | Player "Dalton Weathers" hit by Player "Ivan Petrenkov" with LAR from 94.5851 meters 
04:02:39 | Player "Dalton Weathers" hit by Player "Hector Gomez" with KA-M from 31.4944 meters 
04:02:39 | Player "Dalton Weathers" hit by Player "Hector Gomez" with KA-M from 32.1772 meters 

04:03:15 | Player "Ivan Petrenkov" hit by Player "Tyler Pearce" with KA-M from 189.635 meters 

04:00:33 | Player "Zac Biggem" hit by Player "Buck Ford" with M16A4 from 6.54261 meters 
04:00:34 | Player "Zac Biggem" hit by Player "Buck Ford" with M16A4 from 5.90638 meters 
04:00:35 | Player "Zac Biggem" hit by Player "Buck Ford" with M16A4 from 6.55996 meters 
04:00:35 | Player "Zac Biggem" hit by Player "Buck Ford" with M16A4 from 6.55996 meters 

04:00:36 | Player "Buck Ford" hit by Player "James McCoy" with VSD from 76.7549 meters 
04:00:36 | Player "Buck Ford" hit by Player "James McCoy" with VSD from 76.7549 meters 

Kill Logs

Spoiler
04:00:35 | Player "Zac Biggem" (DEAD) killed by Player "Buck Ford" with M16A4 from 6.55996 meters 

04:02:39 | Player "Dalton Weathers" (DEAD) killed by Player "Hector Gomez" with KA-M from 31.4944 meters 

04:00:36 | Player "Buck Ford" (DEAD) killed by Player "James McCoy" with VSD from 76.7549 meters 

Connection Logs

Spoiler
02:02:08 | Player "Dalton Weathers" is connected
02:43:16 | Player "Dalton Weathers" is connected
03:07:49 | Player "Dalton Weathers" is connected
03:36:51 | Player "Dalton Weathers" is connected
03:59:20 | Player "Dalton Weathers" is connected
04:02:49 | Player "Dalton Weathers" has been disconnected

03:47:16 | Player "Hector Gomez" is connected
03:58:06 | Player "Hector Gomez" is connected
04:08:14 | Player "Hector Gomez" is connected
04:33:22 | Player "Hector Gomez" has been disconnected
04:35:35 | Player "Hector Gomez" is connected
04:42:28 | Player "Hector Gomez" has been disconnected

03:55:14 | Player "Zac Biggem" is connected
04:01:14 | Player "Zac Biggem" has been disconnected
04:06:05 | Player "Zac Biggem" is connected
04:07:07 | Player "Zac Biggem" is connected
04:43:07 | Player "Zac Biggem" has been disconnected

03:43:15 | Player "Ivan Petrenkov" is connected
03:54:34 | Player "Ivan Petrenkov" is connected
04:13:31 | Player "Ivan Petrenkov" is connected
04:14:33 | Player "Ivan Petrenkov" has been disconnected

01:39:43 | Player "Tyler Pearce" is connected
02:43:24 | Player "Tyler Pearce" is connected
03:05:35 | Player "Tyler Pearce" is connected
03:32:01 | Player "Tyler Pearce" is connected
03:59:35 | Player "Tyler Pearce" is connected
-STILL IN GAME-

03:43:18 | Player "Buck Ford" is connected
03:54:34 | Player "Buck Ford" is connected
04:03:29 | Player "Buck Ford" has been disconnected

02:52:56 | Player "James McCoy" is connected
03:04:12 | Player "James McCoy" is connected
03:31:08 | Player "James McCoy" is connected
03:54:56 | Player "James McCoy" is connected
04:07:26 | Player "James McCoy" is connected
04:33:04 | Player "James McCoy" has been disconnected
04:33:33 | Player "James McCoy" is connected
04:42:38 | Player "James McCoy" has been disconnected

POVS POSTED:

@AidanVC | Dalton Weathers | POSTED
@SeversonRP | Ivan Petrenkov | POSTED
@DK_Major | Hector Gomez | POSTED
 @Dannick |Tyler Pearce | POSTED
@Ravenous | Zac Biggem | POSTED
@Twistytoast | Buck Ford | POSTED
@JMZIE | James McCoy | POSTED

@SeversonRP - you did not die in the situation why did you log out 13 minutes after you shot someone? 

Please post any VIDEO EVIDENCE of the situation involved and full POVs.
Thank you.

My POV : I hear over the radio the boys are heading over to kab to gunshots, Me and James start running over but im a lot lighter so I reach kab a lot faster. Upon reaching kab I see dead bodies on the floor, I run around the back of the piano house and i see three people limping off towards the greenhouse (towards grishino) I start running towards them but I hear James say that the dead bodies have people over them with guns. I turn around and run into town to see at least 4 dead bodies with orange armbands. I see two guys run out of a building with guns and I initiate telling them to put their hands up or they are dead. One of them puts his hands up but the other doesn't comply and runs to the wall so I kill him. I take the man to the piano house and interrogate him for answers about what happened and why they are dead. He tells me that he heard the shots and ran towards them and seen the dead bodies I ask him did he see anyone run anywhere and he points out the same people I saw run away. I Start to run towards northwest airfield when I see them in a guardhouse I run into initiate but the server crashes and rolls me back far down the road. I then sprint back and see only one person out of the two I had seen in the shack was in. Instead of abusing the crash I simply wait for the two people to get back in and move around before I initiate. I do this soi don't abuse the crash and give them a fair chance as the crash stopped my initiation before. Upon iniation, I get sprayed in the back by some guy who comes out of the woods with an m4. I only initiated on the two people in the guard shack so i have no idea who he is. This is in no way violation of 2.2 as i gave you an active chance and in no way abused anything as it is not my fault the server crashes that many times and that it stopped my initial initiation. I waited for them to be all fine so it was fair so the roleplay could continue.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Ravenous said:

I then sprint back and see only one person out of the two I had seen in the shack was in. Instead of abusing the crash I simply wait for the two people to get back in and move around before I initiate. I do this soi don't abuse the crash and give them a fair chance as the crash stopped my initiation before

There was 4 of us in the shack and one outside, only two of us were even able to get back in before the initiation was dropped, the other 3 were still logging back in or in queue. (Not meant to be back & forth, just clarification of the circumstances) if needed to help clarify this for staff I can get footage of us all inside the shack when server crashes and then compare that to the two of us in when initiation drops. 

Edited by AidanVC

Just now, AidanVC said:

There was 4 of us in the shack and one outside, only two of us inside the shack were even able to get back in before the initiation was dropped. 

Not from what i saw when i got back. There were two people fully in and no one else logged in so i initiated as you can see from your own evidence you are both in. I will not back and forth and will let the staff ask me any further questions. Thank you

My POV:

i was with @Ravenous and he planned on initiating before the server crashed, the server crashed and he got back in before me. Ravenous initiated on these guys when he got the chance and as you can see from the video they did have time to react. I was a bit behind Ravenous and was working my way towards him when I saw a guy with a green vest shooting in my direction, bullets were cracking and what not around me so I thought he was shooting at me so I decided to shoot him before I got injured myself.

Posted (edited)

POV: @Ravenous initiated and shortly after i started hearing snaps around me so i returned fire   

Edited by DK_Major

@SeversonRP & @Twistytoast Will both be temporarily banned until they provide their full POV of the situation as well as any evidence they may have, due to both being in game since they were called in, and @SeversonRP being on the forums recently.

POV:

there was 5 of us in the shack after killing a bunch of house in Kab, and then server crashed. We then got initiated on while only 2 of our 5 were able to make it back into the server after crash the rest were stuck in queue

@Twistytoast your temp ban has been removed. Please keep an eye on the forums to avoid this situation occurring again.

POV: The boys and I are looking for some guys at the airfield that shot some of our own, go up and intiate on them. I think  we kill all but one. After that I began having 600-700 constant ping and deemed it was both unplayable and that I would be unable to RP if anyone came up to me to talk or attempt to hold me up. 

@Dannick - did @SeversonRP contact you and make you aware of the situation of his ping situation? 
Your temp ban has also been removed @SeversonRP. Please keep an eye on the forums for future reference.

Posted (edited)

No, Severson never attempted to make contact with me in or out of game asking permission to log out. @Mademoiselle

Edited by Dannick

Outcome

@SeversonRP - Combat Logging - GUILTY

@Ravenous - Abuse of Game Mechanics - GUILTY

@Ravenous - Invalid Initiation - NOT GUILTY

Explanation

To explain this shortly, @AidanVC and @Twistytoast log in. Whilst they are logging in, @Ravenous waits for @AidanVC and @Twistytoast to log in to hold them up. Due to the short amount of time for them to respond since they're logging in, they are shot at. Giving them defence rights and ends up in a small firefight.

Now the staff team have reviewed this and seen a few issues with this. There are issues currently in game with overlays of the game which could block them from using any emotes and them only just logging in. Giving it an unfair advantage for the victims. However, this does not make the initiation invalid as it was a hostile act - a consequence to an action.

Please keep in mind that our rules state:

Spoiler

2.2 Exploiting or abuse of game mechanics (AOGM) is gaining an unfair advantage by using game bugs or mechanics in a way that the developer did not intend them to work. Example of exploiting is loot cycling, placing objects inside walls or other places where the object would normally not fit in, driving vehicles underwater, creating impenetrable tent walls, or intentionally using indestructible objects as shields that effectively give you invulnerability.

Suggestions, wait until you are fully aware that the opposite party is logged in fully before initiating as they may be having technical issues from their side.

Onto @SeversonRP you were in a firefight with the group that had been initiated on. You shot a victim however was having issues with your internet. You need to make sure that you contact the person that you got into this situation is for them to understand your issues. You can do this by contacting a GM.

@SeversonRP, our rules state:

Spoiler

4.5 Combat logging is leaving the server during or shortly after a hostile situation or when your character is still involved in active role play. After a hostile action has occurred where you were involved, you may only log out from the game after a minimum of 30 minutes have passed since you broke the line of sight with others involved in that situation. This rule can be ignored if the other players give you OK to log out earlier.

Suggestions, if you are experiencing problems with your internet - contact a GM and ask for logs so you can contact that person OOCly and inform them about your problems you're having an issue with. Just so you can get an go ahead and not be banned for combat logging in the future.

Verdict

@SeversonRP - Combat Logging - GUILTY - 3 day ban, 10 warning points

@Ravenous - Abuse of Game Mechanics - GUILTY - 3 day ban, 10 warning points

@Ravenous - Invalid Initiation - NOT GUILTY 

Signed by @Mademoiselle, @Onyx and @Randy