Server time: 2017-10-19, 07:23
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Guest crockett

Banditry & this server..

Guest crockett   
Guest crockett

I joined the forums a few days ago, but I've yet to give the server a try but I have a few questions about gameplay for bandits.

I'll say straight up, that the reason I haven't tried the server yet, is because the KOS pretty much puts you at a severe disadvantage.

According to the rules if I read them right, as a bandit I can't shoot to wound or kill first. I have to tell someone stop & drop their weapon then see what they do in reaction. This means I have to give up my tactical advantage of concealment and gives the person I'm trying to rob an upper hand.

Once I've told the other player to stop, it then puts the situation into his hands and he can gain the advantage, because he can just open fire at will. This means I have to wait for him to either try to run or fire at me before I can fire back.

I know I can't be the only person that sees a problem with this. I understand what you guys are trying to do, but the no KOS rule pretty much makes banditry next to impossible, from what I can see. Is this the goal with the no KOS rule, to make it just a PVE server?

DayZ with out the threat of randomly being killed at any moment is just not DayZ in my mind. With out random acts of violence whats the point of running around like a squirrel collecting a bunch of nuts, if you never eat them?

Can any bandits (if there are any) give me an opinion as to how you work around this? I'd like to try the servers out, but I'll be honest and say that I just can't see a reasonable work around for playing a bandit with such a strict KOS rule in place.

Zoarial    0

I suggest you play smarter, Sneak up on the people and tell them to Double tap left Cntrl so they're wepons become lowered. Also I suggest recoding everything when starting an enounter. CB has been making big as a lead bandit clan on the server by doing a few of these things an many more.

We always run in a team and have a few snipers on overwatch while the assault team goes in, then the pointman of the assualt team tells the players to stop moving/driving or we will open fire. From there it's pretty safe unless the ppl you assault have backup :P

Guest crockett   
Guest crockett

I suggest you play smarter, Sneak up on the people and tell them to Double tap left Cntrl so they're wepons become lowered. Also I suggest recoding everything when starting an enounter. CB has been making big as a lead bandit clan on the server by doing a few of these things an many more.

It's easy to say play smarter when you have a group of players setting up traps. However when you are playing a lone bandit, you often have to depend on taking risks and having surprise on your side.

When you are dealing with taking on multiple players as a soloer, you usually have to take out a target or two when surprise is still on your side.

No KOS means it's extremely unlikely a solo player could come out on top vs a group, because soon as the group realizes they are up against a single player they will go on the attack.

Another issue is lets say I see a group setting up an ambush or I know they intend to try and box me in to rob me. I can't go on the offensive to protect myself which means they will easily be able to set up with an advantage.

Lets say I see your snipers prior to you seeing me. It's obvious you are setting up a trap for someone but I can't take you out ahead of time to foil your plans. This just seems unrealistic, specially if I know you are bandits.

It just seems no KOS just encourages cearbearing & "easy" mode where you have overwhelming support in numbers. There is no risk outside of having another larger group setting a counter trap.

It's easy to say play smarter when you have a group of players setting up traps. However when you are playing a lone bandit, you often have to depend on taking risks and having surprise on your side.

When you are dealing with taking on multiple players as a soloer, you usually have to take out a target or two when surprise is still on your side.

No KOS means it's extremely unlikely a solo player could come out on top vs a group, because soon as the group realizes they are up against a single player they will go on the attack.

Another issue is lets say I see a group setting up an ambush or I know they intend to try and box me in to rob me. I can't go on the offensive to protect myself which means they will easily be able to set up with an advantage.

Lets say I see your snipers prior to you seeing me. It's obvious you are setting up a trap for someone but I can't take you out ahead of time to foil your plans.

It just seems no KOS just encourages cearbearing & "easy" mode where you have overwhelming support in numbers. There is no risk outside of having another larger group setting a counter trap.

Thats reality my friend, ofc you will have the upper hand when you have a group that is backing you up. Also bandits dont kill people i dont get why most "bandits" want to kill people instead of robbing them.

The last sentence shows how unlogic your claims are, you say that its cearbearing mode like we play but also youre saying its impossible to play with these rules since its so taff for you.

I just see here that you want some easy kills on groups backing each other up, there is no proof that someone wants to rob you when you see a group that is taking position. As long they cant tell you to stop and thats 80 meters here, theyre not allowed to shoot at you.

Please think a moment if you really want to roleplay here or just shoot some people and take theyre stuff, you can kill and play on normal hive noone is stoping you........ ah wait normal hive is too taff for you since everyone KOS there XP

greetz

double.V

Guest crockett   
Guest crockett

Lets say I see your snipers prior to you seeing me. It's obvious you are setting up a trap for someone but I can't take you out ahead of time to foil your plans.

Thats reality my friend, ofc you will have the upper hand when you have a group that is backing you up. Also bandits dont kill people i dont get why most "bandits" want to kill people instead of robbing them.

The last sentence shows how unlogic your claims are, you say that its cearbearing mode like we play but also youre saying its impossible to play with these rules since its so taff for you.

I just see here that you want some easy kills on groups backing each other up, there is no proof that someone wants to rob you when you see a group that is taking position. As long they cant tell you to stop and thats 80 meters here, theyre not allowed to shoot at you.

Please think a moment if you really want to roleplay here or just shoot some people and take theyre stuff, you can kill and play on normal hive noone is stoping you........ ah wait normal hive is too taff for you since everyone KOS there XP

greetz

double.V

I want good gameplay, but I don't mind playing the part of my character, however I'm not here just for RP.

You are saying my claims are not logical, and saying welcome to reality, but the reality is in a situation like this you would do what you had to do to survive.

There wouldn't be any KOS rules to protect you, so saying welcome to reality because a single guy can't take on a small group is actually not reality. Because in real klife there would be no rules to say that group wasn't going to kill the guy that was alone and his best chance at survival would likely be to attack & kill first.

You are trying to say "bandits" don't kill they just rob. Humm says who? A fairy tale book about pirates? If I'm playing a bandit and I intend to rob someone, if I can't ransom them there is no reason not to kill them outside of just making game play a little more entertaining.

It's usually much safer to kill someone then loot their body vs try to make them submit to your demands and hope they don't fight back, but I don't always KOS, however not having that option limits gameplay quite a lot.

I don't sit on top of a big building with sniper rifles killing new spawns & I often do let people go with out killing them, but no KOS just seems very fake and takes away a lot of gameplay tactics. I'm just trying to get a feel for how people are working around this problem.

Rolle    2939

If we remove the KoS rules and just enforce roleplaying in any kind then this would be just like any other HIVE server.

Guest crockett   
Guest crockett

If we remove the KoS rules and just enforce roleplaying in any kind then this would be just like any other HIVE server.

Any reason why you just have bandit free areas where there is no KOS but open up the rural areas to more sandbox gameplay? You could pretend there is some sort of law enforcement around the larger cities, but they have no reach in the rural areas.

Second option could potentially have a lawless town like Brezno that is away from new spawns where people know it's anything goes? Brez is a great location for this because it has loads of cover and is a very large city. It's also fairly well isolated from the rest of the map making boundaries easily identified.

Mateus    0

KOS rules are there to enforce team play. If you don't think you fit in any group or still want to kos alone, this is not the place for you.

Many times there is brutal wars between factions claiming territory. It's not like there is no gun fight.

Pirates example does not fit in this situation since we live in 2012, not 1500

Guest crockett   
Guest crockett

KOS rules are there to enforce team play. If you don't think you fit in any group or still want to kos alone, this is not the place for you.

Many times there is brutal wars between factions claiming territory. It's not like there is no gun fight.

Pirates example does not fit in this situation since we live in 2012, not 1500

Ever hear of Somalia? It maybe 2012 but piracy & bandits are very much still alive in this world. Not to mention Honduras and many other 3rd world countries around the world, where there are no zombies but there are still bandits.

Mateus    0

world population: 7.000.000.000 - pirates: lets say 70.000

dayz population (as far as you can know): 60 pirates: 0.00006

besides, it's Russian territory

Heresiarch    0

Without enforcing no-KoS the server would become just like them hive servers. People KoS everything they see just because they can get KoSed themselves ot shot in the back any time of the day. So everyone becomes either a KoSer/bandit or a regular victim. And, belive me, no one likes to be the latter.

Spok    0

Sceptic human mode on:

Meh, TS is just another schoolchild, who thinks it's cool to play "bad-ass gangsta" in DayZ.

Sceptic human mode off.

If, anything like this zombie-apocalypse occure, people will group-up. Safety in numbers, it's the core rule in animal world. Loners in such situations will ALWAYS be at disadvantage. Deal with it.

I personally tend to play "lone-wolf" style. And I'm at a great disadvantage to a grouped players because of this. But I don't KoS, and don't complain, I just try to avoid or minimize any contact with other players, because of the danger to stumble upon some "split-second bandits" (like you) or a trap.

Deal with it or go play some public servers.

Sir Fox    0

I was robbed yesterday. I was running through a field when somebody told me to stop, and that if I turned around he'd shoot me. I couldn't see him in front of me, which meant he was behind me and I had no choice but to comply. I was alone and he was alone, and he did a well-executed robbery.

If he'd come at me from the front and told me to drop my gun then of course he'd have handed me the advantage and I would have shot him in the face. Instead, he was smart and held the advantage the entire time.

Guest crockett   
Guest crockett

Sceptic human mode on:

Meh, TS is just another schoolchild, who thinks it's cool to play "bad-ass gangsta" in DayZ.

Sceptic human mode off.

If, anything like this zombie-apocalypse occure, people will group-up. Safety in numbers, it's the core rule in animal world. Loners in such situations will ALWAYS be at disadvantage. Deal with it.

I personally tend to play "lone-wolf" style. And I'm at a great disadvantage to a grouped players because of this. But I don't KoS, and don't complain, I just try to avoid or minimize any contact with other players, because of the danger to stumble upon some "split-second bandits" (like you) or a trap.

Septic Human mode on:

Ahh NM you aren't worth it.

No I'm not some 12 year old punk simply because I play a "video" game and like to shoot people in their face.

I can see that my style of play will not fit here, because most of the user base seems to be more PVE'ish. There is nothing wrong with that, if that's how you guys like to play, but I wanted to see if that was really the case.

ARMA II is a pretty good tactical shooter and DayZ adds in the sandbox feel to it. I spend most of my time in game "hunting" other players because that's what the sandbox lets me do and that's what I find fun. Sadly it seems to go against how most of you prefer to play and is against the rules it seems.

Well this topic served it's purpose and I wish you all GG's.

Livs    0

Sceptic human mode on:

Sceptic human mode off.

Septic Human mode on:

Ahh NM you aren't worth it.

No I'm not some 12 year old punk simply because I play a "video" game and like to shoot people in their face.

I can see that my style of play will not fit here, because most of the user base seems to be more PVE'ish. There is nothing wrong with that, if that's how you guys like to play, but I wanted to see if that was really the case.

ARMA II is a pretty good tactical shooter and DayZ adds in the sandbox feel to it. I spend most of my time in game "hunting" other players because that's what the sandbox lets me do and that's what I find fun. Sadly it seems to go against how most of you prefer to play and is against the rules it seems.

Well this topic served it's purpose and I wish you all GG's.

And that is exactly why the public hives will fit you better!