Server time (UTC): 2019-06-27, 07:18
Sign in to follow this  
Saunders

Pin FAQ in the #help discord channel

Posted (edited)

Hey!

So many people ask the same questions in #help - I was wondering whether we could pin some FAQ troubleshoots in the #help channel or make a #troubleshoots channel where only staff can post but members give mini "guides" to add to it. I feel like it would be very helpful.

I have compiled a notepad with some of the guides I send to people. I will list them below:

This is not your active character [FIX]

Bad Version, server rejected connection [FIX]:

https://www.dayzrp.com/forums/topic/97086-bad-version-server-rejected-connection-fix/

character model fix:

Do this process to get the character model you want:
- First you need to join the server through the launcher.
- Then kill your character in game.
- You then have to press EXIT (DON'T PRESS RESPAWN) and go back to the main menu of DayZ, never close down the game.
- While in the main menu, you then need to set your character.
- After that you join the server through the in game browser that is in DayZ.

With these simple steps, you can fix the main menu that happens when you try to log into the server.
1. Open the launcher.
2. Put the server IP and port into the parameters.
3. Enjoy not having to spam relog.

mods link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1599372051

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK!

Edited by Saunders
added another guide

Whilst I don't answer too much in the help channel on discord, I too see the same questions asked over and over.

Sadly people are lazy, and that won't change, but pinning the FAQ should make life a lot easier for those helping.

big +1 from me ❤️ 

Oh yes, This actually makes a lot of sense but people don't tend to look in pins unless told. still would be good to have

3 minutes ago, Samti said:

Oh yes, This actually makes a lot of sense but people don't tend to look in pins unless told. still would be good to have

Yeah I thought the same thing but it would be much easier to tell people to visit the pinned messages than typing a bunch of text out. Would be a nice little addition to take a tiny bit of the work load off. Cheers for the feedback mate 🙂

I've also made a "Bad version, server rejected connection" guide so i'll add that to the OP right now.

Does anyone else have any opinions on this?

I'd be keen for it yeah, it means that people can quickly check things that are easy fixes, and means that people only need to enter Waiting For Staff Help if it is an issue not stated in the pinned message.

11 hours ago, DaRsnn said:

I'd be keen for it yeah, it means that people can quickly check things that are easy fixes, and means that people only need to enter Waiting For Staff Help if it is an issue not stated in the pinned message.

Exactly my thoughts and plans with the suggestion. There's a lot of people who wait in the HD who could easily have their issue fixed by checking out the #help channel. I know this because if I see someone has been waiting a while in HD I ask if I can help them or if they need a staff member specifically and i'd say 7 times out of the 10 their issues can be fixed with one of these troubleshoots. All in all it takes off some of the work load from the staff team who deal with the HD.

Still looking to hear other's suggestions 🙂