Server time (UTC): 2019-09-17, 19:49
Sign in to follow this  
Nonplayer

Adding Car_Pack Mod

Should we have this mod on the server?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

I know that there is this no external mod policy on this community and all that, but look at us we are using two external mods already (MoreGuns and CF). Why don't we add another one?

I am suggesting using the Car_Pack mod . Just image the roleplay potential with these vehicles. Like come on, work vehicles, a jeep and an god damn APC. Military groups could use the APC's in cool and immersive ways to provide high quality roleplay, while the trucks can be used as work vehicles to bring back wood to construction sites, or be used as a convoy together with an APC. Anyway these vehicles can provide bunch of roleplay potential. And in my opinion this is way more fitting addition to have than skeleton gloves, shoes and etc... (Like come on seriously post soviet country has like skeleton gloves and shoes lying around like seriously that breaks the immersion). Also the time window to add this mod is great, because the wipe is coming soon.

There is a Poll attached to this post, lets make @Roland to consider adding this wonderful mod into DayzRP server.

Edited by Nonplayer
Added more thoughts about this idea.

Honestly the cars look incredible and you'd hear me preach for more content like the new cars. But my issue is the instability of the vehicles as we speak. I can't recall how disappointed I was when our Olga did a summer sault across the map from a little bump before exploding and killing all the occupants.

I'm sorry but it's a no from me. If the instability is fixed, I'll change my vote to a yes.

I've always wanted to see a modpack like this but i'm sure i've heard that here at DayzRP we don't want to use all kinds of outside mods like this although I could be wrong and only heard this through the grapevine. Another thing is that cars are so scuffed rn, I've always been scared of getting into cars and I took the jump to do it yday and I flew to saturn lol so that's an issue. But for RP and aesthetic reasons i'd love to see them added ngl.

I don't see why not as long as it's tested. At first glance they look more stable than the vanilla vehicles - however, looks can be deceiving.

As Thersty Said.. As long As Its tested beforhand a bit and dont cause problems. I dont see why more vehicels overall would be a bad thing. 

Sadly, DayZRP does not use external mods.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I'd love to this to be on. It would be quite interested in firefights anyways. But 3rd party mods is a big yikes as they come with problems if the devs were to make new vehicles for it then yes happy days.

If Rolle has considered thinking about putting some money away for buy mods or pay devs for big projects like this, Id happily put money in for it. 

Edited by Falk

Posted (edited)

With cars being buggy on the DayZ engine and more mods equals more server bloat I am going to have to say -1. The cars we have in the game are enough if I'm honest. 2 years into the outbreak how many people are going to continue to maintain these types of vehicles, mainly military ones?

Edited by yuthee

I voted no because cars are way to buggy for me and I feel that they need to be stabilized before we add more.

Besdies DayzRP doesn't use external mods. 

I can make carmods internally in the DRP mod but the simple truth is vehicles are an unstable mess and the modded ones are the same.

I am working on adding a tradecaravan type of truck though.

Posted (edited)
On 5/22/2019 at 3:59 PM, wirpy said:

I voted no because cars are way to buggy for me and I feel that they need to be stabilized before we add more.

Besdies DayzRP doesn't use external mods. 

Cars aren’t really buggy though. The server cap is unstable. Even the dayz developers recommended not going past the 60 player cap. Lots of things are rendered unstable and pointless once a certain threshold on the cap has been reached. Personally I prefer the server being capped at 60 or 75. Any more then that and the game just doesn’t fee right. Too many people imo. 

Edited by Zero