Server time (UTC): 2019-09-19, 05:02
Sign in to follow this  
Saunders

This is not your active character [FIX]

This is not your active character [FIX]

First of all you need to create a character

CreateNewCharacter.png.80b5eecb8707cdbb2289d4e9a81028fa.png

Go into steam, click play on Dayz and run the Dayz Launcher. Once on the Launcher click the parameters tab and under profile name type in the name you gave your character when you created a character. (Make sure that it is spelt EXACTLY the same, including capital - DO NOT copy and paste)

parametersPriflename.png.f271f75197df6597d2826da3664f374c.png

Make sure that your characters page on the forums is set to public otherwise the server will not be able to recognise that you have an active character.

CharacterPublic.png.6a896e784672505c2427094d8ea0900e.png

Congratulations you are now able to play DayzRP!

Check out my Bad Version, server rejected connection [FIX] guide if you get this message whilst trying to connect to the server.

Added an extra step as i've noticed some people aren't leaving their characters profile page at public resulting in them still getting the same message

18 minutes ago, liljaylo said:

i have done all this and still get it

The L in your last name on the character page is lower case.

Is it also lower case in the parameters setting of the launcher?

18 minutes ago, liljaylo said:

i have done all this and still get it

Did you put put Barry lee in parameters and not Barry Lee? You must type it exactly how you did on your character page which is Barry lee

Posted (edited)

In my case I had my characters name in the DayZ properties launch parameters and it was causing me to get the message character not active. When I deleted it I was able to join. Besure not use the Launch partameter there as pictured here:dayzparam.png.6942177c25448ebfb5d4055e136ba4f0.png

Edited by Munnky

@Saunders 

After troubleshooting yesterday...

Worth adding to the original post: Do not copy and paste your name from the forums into the profile. Manually type it in. I was able to reproduce with someone over screen-share that when they copy-pasted the name off the forum it didn't work, but when they manually typed it in it worked. It was a one-off, but worth noting!

@Rover Is that better?

Thank you!