Server time (UTC): 2019-06-20, 16:23
Sign in to follow this  
FalkRP

Gun attachments.

So, I saw somewhere about makeshift guns but couldn't find it, anyways I thought of an idea. The guns that are in the game and their attachments, could be added to all rifles with some tape so let's say M4 with an AK handguard or AK with an M4 buttstock. I'm not how easy it is or how the devs would go about it but what you do think about this? 

Be interesting.. I could really only see doing something like that with like a sight or something. Something like a buttstock would be interesting to think about how you would go about duct taping something like that..

Sights would be more practical for duct taping on stuff.

I like the concept for being able to tape on incompatible attachments such as flashlights, laser-pinters, and but I don't believe anyone in their right mind would want to have an inaccurate makeshift weapon sight, that was just taped onto their rifle's frame. For weapon sights, that requires precision. Have you ever tried, in real life, to manually adjust a hunting rifle's scope to be accurate? Even after mounting it properly, it takes a few shots. I like simplicity and crafting handymanship, but I feel like this may lead to unrealistic game mechanics and behaviors.

Sure is an interesting concept, I agree with Nate as I could only see sights and buttstocks being applicable to other weapons.

This concept would for sure increase customization for everything, I'd also love to see crafting your own bullets and such.. (I don't know if that's a thing yet, but it should be.)

I would like to see an AK Rail side mount added into the game to allow other scopes to be attached to it such as the ACOG or Combat Sights. 

As nice as it would be, it is not possible for the existing DayZ weapons. We can't alter which attachment can go on them.

Attachments are defined in the modelfile, which we can not alter.

The way it works is actually every possible(defined) attachment is already on the weapon but they only become visible once you drag an actual code item onto your gun.

For new weapons we can add all sorts of attachments but as you all know already know its a slow and tedius process of implementing new guns.

19 minutes ago, Misho said:

As nice as it would be, it is not possible for the existing DayZ weapons. We can't alter which attachment can go on them.

The way it works is actually every possible(defined) attachment is already on the weapon but they only become visible once you drag an actual code item onto your gun.

For new weapons we can add all sorts of attachments but as you all know already know its a slow and tedius process of implementing new guns.

so technically this could be possible for the weapons in the Moregunz modpack?

Yes the MoreGuns weapons can technically take other attachments. But we tried keeping it real with the guns, why they have dove rail mounts and all that...

With the improvised weapons concept we are working on we might be a bit more freethinking, allowing taped or welded on attachments. But its all just an idea at this point.

I think the best thing to do is just let all weapons have scope mounts, so that for example an ak and an svd can have an acog and long range scopes, or that an m4 can have a long range scope or something 

8 minutes ago, YNW Pep said:

I think the best thing to do is just let all weapons have scope mounts, so that for example an ak and an svd can have an acog and long range scopes, or that an m4 can have a long range scope or something 

Hello, fellow community RolePVP'er Pep, Misho already answered your question and I have highlighted the answer for you

1 hour ago, Misho said:

As nice as it would be, it is not possible for the existing DayZ weapons. We can't alter which attachment can go on them.

xoxo,

fellow community roleplayer Dr Willsky