Server time (UTC): 2019-09-23, 08:12
Sign in to follow this  
Zman44

Fly sound for dead bodies

Should the sound of flies on dead bodys be put in the game?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

I know this is a minor thing but I really enjoyed the fly sound on dead bodies in the dayz mod and I think it was very immersive. I'm not a Modder by any means but I assume it wouldn't be too hard to add to the game and I think it would be really nice to have back.

Edited by Zman44

Although very annoying when next to a body for a long time it was more immersive for sure. Something I can get behind for the future after we have dealt with more pressing issues for sure

I'd agree with Saunders and yourself here.

I've forgotten whether it worked this way in the mod, but if the sound started after an amount of time has passed since being left to rot, that'd be great.

16 minutes ago, Luke said:

I'd agree with Saunders and yourself here.

I've forgotten whether it worked this way in the mod, but if the sound started after an amount of time has passed since being left to rot, that'd be great.

I believe it started once the character actually died..

I love your idea though + the OPs.

+1 for this, would love to see the flies make a return.

This sounds good and I wouldn't mind having this in like the good ole days. 

+1 Haha, this will bring back some ol' memories. I like it. Do it! 🙂

Itd be nice to have the sound of flies around corpses. But I think it should only start after a set amount of time and that the despawn timer on human corpses should be increase to fit. Maybe after about 5 minutes the flies would start buzzing around the body, and after 10-15 minutes of no one being nearby the corpse would despawn.

People already slice up/bury bodies to get rid of them. So if someone doesnt like the sound then the solution is pretty straight forward.

I've always thought that flies would make a super interesting addition. I've never played the mod (I know I'm a dirty 2014er), so I don't know if it's an annoying addition or not... But I don't care, I think it would be immersive. 

On 5/19/2019 at 11:53 PM, Aeryes said:

Doing something like this is a fairly straight forward task.

Now that's what I like to hear

I would say yes if dead player models persisted for longer. And if they started buzzing after a state of "FRESHLY DEAD" to "ROTTING."

Until then, I say no to flies.

Yes, I'd like this.

Personally I would prefer the sound of bells tolling, soft, faint crying, along with the pained screeches of "bad RP reported" as the corpse enters various states of decay. Might break immersion though.