Server time (UTC): 2019-09-18, 02:03
Sign in to follow this  
Aron73

Server Wipe!

We need a server wipe right now! This is not working with the server crash literally every 5min hell I can't even be on long enough to collect the gear I bought in the shop.

I'm open for other suggestions but right now this is my only suggestion and apparently it has worked on other servers

Server crash is due to high pop and it's already been stated that there will be a wipe.

I agree, the server has been bad recently!

1 minute ago, AndreyQ said:

Server crash is due to high pop and it's already been stated that there will be a wipe.

Yea I know that but next week? I would prefer it to happen like 5min ago

Roland has stated he is waiting for the mods to be updated and certain changes made to them before the server wipe. I've been told it's due to high population but who knows. 

Well as long as we don't have to wait for a week. I have played on this server when it was full before and it certainly has not been this bad

Crashes like this happen after main updates from the standalone devs. It breaks literally all mods in a way. Be patient and let things sort themselves out.

I can agree with you to some extent there, but even before 1.03 it was really unstable and laggy due to all the leftover bases and not to mention some really large ones...Eden hint hint.

So yes we do need a wipe as soon as possible because I do wanna play longer than 5min before the server crashes

There is a wipe coming but I feel like the groups that have bases right now should get compensation for it to allow them to build them back up.

I totally agree with a need for server-wipe. I recently had a lot of fun RP, for the first time in weeks, which I can't enjoy even more because those crashes are annoying as hell. Hopefully our dev team will assemble the next content patch soon and we will be rid of this little inconvenience.

Game is unstable and high pop makes the server to crash 

Its going to be a wipe I think rolle said next week when the DayzRP mod update are ready

I feel it is my duty to punch this topic a bit seance we are starting to lose active people on the server

Posted (edited)

I didn't play that much recently and not really often during high pop so I got no clue if this is still a thing, but I think by now it's on people's radars. If it is and if it is actively being worked on, then the process cannot be sped up by mentioning it. Just saying, if. Not referring to the little "bump", but if it would go on from there in the same manner in a short amount of time.

My point basically is that perhaps it should be used as opportunity to play or do something else whenever it stops working. I'm sure it will eventually be fixed. Anyone "turned off" by this can simply come back once its in working order, or rather, play during those wonky times again. I mean you can still play, perhaps just not as much during peak times then.

Edited by Combine

Posted (edited)

I don't mean to barge in and question here, but what's the difference between wiping before the mod update, or doing the wipe after? 

2 Mods are already updated, 1 Left ya? The one mod doesn't have much effect on most wiped things. So I'm a tad confused.

The server is in a desperate need of a wipe. My suggestion, better sooner than later.

I may be 100% uninformed, so if someone can explain why we're waiting on the mods to update to wipe, I'd be happy to listen.

Otherwise, I'm not understanding why the wait.

Much appreciated ❤️.

Edited by Joah

Just now, Joah said:

I don't mean to barge in and question here, but what's the difference between wiping before the mod update, or doing the wipe after? 

2 Mods are already updated, 1 Left ya? The one mod doesn't have much effect on most wiped things. So I'm a tad confused.

The server is in a desperate need of a wipe. My suggestion, better sooner than later.

I may be 100% uninformed, so if someone can explain why we're waiting on the mods to update to wipe, I'd be happy to listen.

Otherwise, I'm not understanding why the wait.

Much appreciated ❤️.

Doing it after ensures that there are no issues with conflicting items I imagine but i'm in the same boat as you.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, General Rickets said:

Doing it after ensures that there are no issues with conflicting items I imagine but i'm in the same boat as you.

I'm unsure of what items conflict. The wipe is in regards to bases / etc. Seems everything will run the same after. Do you know what I mean?

Welcome aboard matey.

Edited by Joah

On 5/18/2019 at 11:14 PM, Aron73 said:

I can agree with you to some extent there, but even before 1.03 it was really unstable and laggy due to all the leftover bases and not to mention some really large ones...Eden hint hint.

So yes we do need a wipe as soon as possible because I do wanna play longer than 5min before the server crashes

Eden is not leftover. Its an active base.

6 minutes ago, Joah said:

I'm unsure of what items conflict. The wipe is in regards to bases / etc. Seems everything will run the same after. Do you know what I mean?

Me neither but I kinda just grasp thats usually the case from what happened last patch, the new update released some new things and caused certain base items to cause the server to crash and other unusual collisions like that.

Just now, General Rickets said:

Me neither but I kinda just grasp thats usually the case from what happened last patch, the new update released some new things and caused certain base items to cause the server to crash and other unusual collisions like that.

Ya possible especially with that new car. I haven't seen it once. The gunter? Or w/e the fk its called.

Well tbh, I don't know what's causing the crashes but it seems to happen more often when not when you/someone opens their inventory, cars driving past someone and someone due to sounds emitted.

It doesn't seem to happen straight after the events so it could be something completely different, maybe someone could investigate it in the logs but again I'm not sure what's shown in the logs and whats not

There is a high probability that there will be another DayZ standalone patch soon(within a week) to fix a lot of the issues that arose with 1.03, that in combination with us removing old legacy items that are not part of Vanilla as well as our storage changes require a wipe to ensure database entries do no conflict.

Wiping is something we would not want to do twice in a short frame of time, which is why we are waiting to see if we can narrow it all down to release and wipe at once. We understand it is frustrating but please be patient for a while longer until most issues are resolved.

Ok thank you for that update and I'm sure I will talk for all of us when I say we hope it will happen soon

On 5/22/2019 at 12:15 PM, Aron73 said:

Ok thank you for that update and I'm sure I will talk for all of us when I say we hope it will happen soon

Just been advised there will be one once DayZ mods are updated etc.