Server time (UTC): 2019-09-20, 19:01
Sign in to follow this  
groovy willsky

Specific magazine pouches

Posted (edited)

Hello Fellow RoleplayPVPers,

With the addition of the tacticool utility belt I had an idea : Specific magazine pouches that can be attached to the belt OR the platecarrier (as a replacement for the current pouches ,obviously they should  only be able to contain magazines) 

Currently in game there is a pretty nifty mechanic that prevents you from reloading bullets into magazine if those bullets are in the pouches of your platecarrier.

What if the dev's could make it so Magazine (for pistols/submachine guns/assault rifles) received a similar mechanic. 

I'm proposing that magazine that are kept in backpacks or the smerch buttpack should be blocked from reloading or the reload time should be significantly increased.

As a solution to this It would be nice if a dedicated magazine pouch were to be created. I think it should contain 1 or 2 mags (to keep it simple for the devs, no difference between either pistol or assault rifle pouches)
I'm even thinking (if this is even remotely possible) to make mags that are held in this dedicated pouch have a decreased reload speed. 

TLDR :

-add in dedicated magazine pouches to the tactical belt or platecarrier 
-Increase reloadtime for magazines that are placed in your backpack/buttpack 
                                                     OR
-block reloading magazines that are placed in your backpack/buttpack completely

-Change My Mind- 

xoxo Willsky

Edited by Dr Willsky

-User Was Warned for This Post-

Just now, LumenRP said:

No

At least try to be a little bit constructive and add in a reason/why you think this is a no-no 

you'll notice life is easier when explaining your opinion 😕

I wouldn't want to have it being blocked via backpack reloading, but i wouldn't be opposed to longer reload times (if this had to be added at all). Not all of us want to wear tactical belts/plate cariers  as they don't fit our characters and it would just make things more of a pain for us. Overall i'd say no to the idea, but if it was implemented i'd hate to see us not be able to reload from backpack and i'd settle for a slightly longer reload time.

You should add a poll btw

I think only the specific magazine pouches should be added, and it should be only Pistol magazines for the belts. 

with no other mechanics blocked or reload speed reduced. 

Well

Pistol pouches would be cool for the belts

Nothing else 

2 minutes ago, YNW BorisOGRBRP said:

Well

Pistol pouches would be cool for the belts

Nothing else 

pretty sure those already are my dude

12 minutes ago, Saunders said:

I wouldn't want to have it being blocked via backpack reloading, but i wouldn't be opposed to longer reload times (if this had to be added at all). Not all of us want to wear tactical belts/plate cariers  as they don't fit our characters and it would just make things more of a pain for us. Overall i'd say no to the idea, but if it was implemented i'd hate to see us not be able to reload from backpack and i'd settle for a slightly longer reload time.

You should add a poll btw

Ok, I can see that and it makes a lot of sense. 

So while I like the idea, the inventory system is still a little to clunky for such things. 

I do think we should attempt to modify the current pouches for the plate carrier, making them only able to carry magazines and small items by limiting the large space to only 1x3 slots. That way you could only put magazines in them ( Like a normal pouch setup ) but also could put small items in them as well ( Like in real life ) such as soda/beer cans, loose ammo, etc. However I dont think this is a perfect idea as inventory space on stuff can be constricting or certain items have massive inventory requirements while others are small ( Like the stove kit or the 40 round stanag mags that are 2x3 as opposed to a 30 round 1x3. 

Ultimately I'd say keep things as is for the time being until item weights and proportions are properly delt with.

Having dedicated pouches for magazines would indeed be pretty cool, for the looks for sure at least. It would look nice having for example a pistol pouch with magazine that you can see on the belt, or M4/AK pouch on the plate carrier. But imo I dont think making it longer/shorter reload times is a good idea, i'd keep that as it is.

Let me add in from a dev point of view.

1. We can not add any pouches to the existing belt, we need to make our own belt model, configuration and everything that goes with it, attachments such as pouches etc.

2. It brings very little to game play and frankly is just another obstacle that people who don't understand will get annoyed at, we already see this daily with the mechanics in DayZ. "Why can't I reload bla bla..." ...

3. No RP value, low priority.

To finish off, it's a thing that takes an excessive amount of time to make with very little gain. While new belts might happen, they will most likely not include any attachments that block off functions and there's a high possibility they won't even have attachments on them.

It's cool that the DayZDevs have finally opened up the belt slot but they have not given us any tools for easier modding, making it either impossible to do certain things or very very hard.

I'll be honest with you all, modding is very slow moving these days, the DRP team is mostly on break for exams and other stuff and DayZ modding in a total has slowed down due to the absolute lack off support from Bohemia.

2 minutes ago, Misho said:

-snip-

Copy that,

I mean people getting frustrated about the bullet thing, that is their own problem tbh. Don't put your bullets in the platecarriers pouch.

To me it's just the added dificulty and synergy with a backpack. Doesn't make much sence to be able to whip out shit intstantly out of something that is on your back. 

I must be quite annoying for you devs that you can't continue to build on the items/frames already in game. It's like a 'one step forward, two steps backward' deal

16 minutes ago, Dr Willsky said:

Copy that,

I mean people getting frustrated about the bullet thing, that is their own problem tbh. Don't put your bullets in the platecarriers pouch.

To me it's just the added dificulty and synergy with a backpack. Doesn't make much sence to be able to whip out shit intstantly out of something that is on your back. 

I must be quite annoying for you devs that you can't continue to build on the items/frames already in game. It's like a 'one step forward, two steps backward' deal

I do agree with you on those things, I'd love to from a realism point of view.

And yes it's extremely frustrating, everything that has to do with modding is a weird joke to BI right now. It's the one thing that can save DayZ but at the same time it's not given any love.

I was trying to make a hoodie you can wear with the hood up and also wear a cap under but it's corrupting the binding to the character when I use the DayZ tools.

unknown.png

unknown.png

We can't have nice things.

Posted (edited)

vtkc1pcfi2x01.png.267654cde0033a1f6581d996d2d8b3e2.png

Seeing as we can now rotate items, I would not mind if containers like the Platecarrier Pouches were split up into cells like this. It allows a realistic sense of what you can and can not fit into the pouches while still retaining the ability to put items that fit into the pouches inside, despite not being magazines.

On the other hand though, I am not sure if DayZ has the functionality to do this, and at the same time I am not sure if it is something the community will want as a whole.

For those who are still clueless let me sum up.

1. Split Pouches into cells to more accurately match size (It's multiple bags, not one giant bag)

2. This may allow more or less space according to the physical model.

Additionally here is a picture of my own and suggestion for each vest size.

964365681_Pouches(1).png.390947b603832cdc3778fbbb663369d2.png

Obviously in order for this to not fuck everyone and their mother, we should try to resize magazines so that they fit the 3x1 for a 30rnd standard size.

Doesnt make much sense for a regular 30 round magazine to be 3x2

And just incase anyone complains, a coupled stanag magazine would obviously be a 3x2 instead of the current 3x3.

As for the AK DRUM, well that is a whole different ordeal, the damn thing shouldnt fit in a pouch, it should go in the backpack, might make more people opt for the 30 round magazines anyway 😉

Edited by Ducky

That smersh backpack being 2x4 is a big no from me. Gotta make that thing like a 4x5 or something

46 minutes ago, Ducky said:

-Snipe-

Im going to have to hit u with a no on that one chief since Items in Dayz are bigger than they should be in inventory to take up space on purpose, If we were to split it up people would only w4ear one or two vests to make up for Dayz weird Item sizing.  There would be no variety. Plus if I wanted this I would play Tarkov XD 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Hex said:

That smersh backpack being 2x4 is a big no from me. Gotta make that thing like a 4x5 or something

Again, just off my head suggestions that are open to change.

My point was simply that these sizes could be adjusted and divided into cells.

And to continue dialogue with @S.Bradley who I can't quote for some reason 🤔

Item sizes can be dealt with as well, it makes sense to shove long objects into mag pouches right?
Doesn't make much sense to shove an entire cooking pot into a physical container where it doesnt fit.

Edited by Ducky

like this would be cool;

Selous_Scouts_II.jpg.0e3a3123f0b36d2b4ab6ae4d3b7f85a1.jpg

In todays Military and PMC world many vest utilize universal pouches that can handle most magasines of similar caliber at least. I think with people seeming to have enough problem getting the storage slots they want. I dont think anyone would like to run around for another 10 hours to look for a specific pouch for a specific vest for a specific mag. It's a game afterall in the end. 

On 5/18/2019 at 5:41 PM, OxeN said:

like this would be cool;

Selous_Scouts_II.jpg.0e3a3123f0b36d2b4ab6ae4d3b7f85a1.jpg

I like this, +1 as it looks good but would be useful too.

I wouldn’t mind the ability to only place magazines in the plate carrier pouches tbh. You shouldn’t be able to fit weapons in the pouches. 

For aesthetics I say sure.

For practical use I tentatively say no.

I use vests over bags so I don't have very much room to carry shit. I don't want the slots specified or vests only able to carry mags.

Perhaps another vest related suggestion?

make Smersh ‘vests’ a belt option so you can wear a vest and a Smersh? Omitting the need for a backpack entirely  

Calling @Misho and @Gremlinco two of my favorite devs to ask if cell division and item specific containers on the person is possible at all?

3 hours ago, California said:

Perhaps another vest related suggestion?

make Smersh ‘vests’ a belt option so you can wear a vest and a Smersh? Omitting the need for a backpack entirely  

I believe other servers have done something similar to this as I've seen videos of people runnin around with a plate carrier and a smersh vest/backpack.

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

Calling @Misho and @Gremlinco two of my favorite devs to ask if cell division and item specific containers on the person is possible at all?

Containers don’t allow that. Storage space is set by providing a matrix, etc. 2x3 giving 6 slots.