Server time (UTC): 2019-06-26, 07:12
Sign in to follow this  
Stantro

S1: Airfield - 019-05-18, 05:20

Posted (edited)

Server and location: S1 - Airfield

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 05:20 (may vary by 5 or so minutes)

Your in game name: Joseph Avington

Names of allies involved: Craig Knight

Name of suspect/s:  N/A, two individuals

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): N/A

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): N/A

Detailed description of the events: Crossing over the airfield, stop and talk to two fellows who warn us of some unfriendly factions for a moment. They ask for some food, we kindly offer, and then we are told to put out hands up. Craig immediately complies, I shoulder my rifle quickly, but as Craig did not have his weapon out Joe puts away his weapon after being told to repeatedly, and I move to properly emote, my hand slips,  I perform the wrong emote (Throat slit emote in this case), before I can correct myself, I am shot and killed without another word. Craig follows immediately despite him having cooperated with their demands.

There was little time to properly react to the situation, and little interaction otherwise. I understand that they likely did not know my hand slipped, and my character's death may be understandable, however Craig Knight should not have followed suit after. 

Edited by Stantro
Added a bit more clarification

Hit logs:

05:26:16 | Player "Joseph Avington" hit by Player "Thurnis Johnson" into Torso(15) for 42 damage (Bullet_46x30) with MP7 from 4.9859 meters 
05:26:16 | Player "Joseph Avington" hit by Player "Thurnis Johnson" into Torso(24) for 42 damage (Bullet_46x30) with MP7 from 4.9859 meters 
05:26:16 | Player "Joseph Avington" hit by Player "Thurnis Johnson" into Torso(24) for 42 damage (Bullet_46x30) with MP7 from 4.9859 meters 
05:26:16 | Player "Joseph Avington" hit by Player "Thurnis Johnson" into Lungs(48) for 42 damage (Bullet_46x30) with MP7 from 4.9859 meters 
05:26:16 | Player "Joseph Avington" hit by Player "Thurnis Johnson" into RightArm(19) for 42 damage (Bullet_46x30) with MP7 from 4.9859 meters 
05:26:16 | Player "Joseph Avington" hit by Player "Thurnis Johnson" into RightArm(19) for 42 damage (Bullet_46x30) with MP7 from 4.9859 meters 
05:26:16 | Player "Joseph Avington" hit by Player "Thurnis Johnson" into Torso(24) for 42 damage (Bullet_46x30) with MP7 from 4.98888 meters 
05:26:16 | Player "Joseph Avington" hit by Player "Thurnis Johnson" into Lungs(49) for 42 damage (Bullet_46x30) with MP7 from 4.98888 meters 
05:26:16 | Player "Joseph Avington" hit by Player "Thurnis Johnson" into Torso(24) for 42 damage (Bullet_46x30) with MP7 from 4.99739 meters 
05:26:16 | Player "Joseph Avington" hit by Player "Thurnis Johnson" into Heart(44) for 42 damage (Bullet_46x30) with MP7 from 4.99739 meters 
05:26:16 | Player "Joseph Avington" hit by Player "Thurnis Johnson" into Lungs(48) for 42 damage (Bullet_46x30) with MP7 from 4.99739 meters 
05:26:16 | Player "Joseph Avington" hit by Player "Thurnis Johnson" into Torso(24) for 42 damage (Bullet_46x30) with MP7 from 5.07557 meters 
05:26:16 | Player "Joseph Avington" hit by Player "Thurnis Johnson" into Lungs(48) for 42 damage (Bullet_46x30) with MP7 from 5.07557 meters 
05:26:16 | Player "Joseph Avington" hit by Player "Thurnis Johnson" into Torso(24) for 42 damage (Bullet_46x30) with MP7 from 5.11097 meters 

05:26:16 | Player "Craig Knight" hit by Player "Ronda Johnson" into RightArm(17) for 110 damage (Bullet_762x54Tracer) with VSD from 2.96283 meters 

05:26:16 | Player "Joseph Avington" hit by Player "Thurnis Johnson" into LeftArm(21) for 42 damage (Bullet_46x30) with MP7 from 5.11097 meters 
05:26:16 | Player "Joseph Avington" hit by Player "Thurnis Johnson" into RightArm(19) for 42 damage (Bullet_46x30) with MP7 from 5.22443 meters 
05:26:16 | Player "Joseph Avington" hit by Player "Thurnis Johnson" into Torso(24) for 42 damage (Bullet_46x30) with MP7 from 5.22443 meters 
05:26:16 | Player "Joseph Avington" hit by Player "Thurnis Johnson" into Lungs(49) for 42 damage (Bullet_46x30) with MP7 from 5.22443 meters 
05:26:16 | Player "Joseph Avington" hit by Player "Thurnis Johnson" into Torso(1) for 42 damage (Bullet_46x30) with MP7 from 5.22443 meters 
05:26:16 | Player "Joseph Avington" hit by Player "Thurnis Johnson" into Torso(25) for 42 damage (Bullet_46x30) with MP7 from 5.22443 meters 
05:26:16 | Player "Joseph Avington" hit by Player "Thurnis Johnson" into LeftArm(29) for 42 damage (Bullet_46x30) with MP7 from 5.22443 meters 
05:26:16 | Player "Joseph Avington" hit by Player "Thurnis Johnson" into RightArm(30) for 42 damage (Bullet_46x30) with MP7 from 5.38408 meters 
05:26:16 | Player "Joseph Avington" hit by Player "Thurnis Johnson" into Torso(1) for 42 damage (Bullet_46x30) with MP7 from 5.38408 meters 
05:26:16 | Player "Joseph Avington" hit by Player "Thurnis Johnson" into Spine(40) for 42 damage (Bullet_46x30) with MP7 from 5.38408 meters 
05:26:16 | Player "Joseph Avington" hit by Player "Thurnis Johnson" into Torso(1) for 42 damage (Bullet_46x30) with MP7 from 5.38408 meters 
05:26:16 | Player "Joseph Avington" hit by Player "Thurnis Johnson" into LeftArm(29) for 42 damage (Bullet_46x30) with MP7 from 5.38408 meters

05:26:16 | Player "Craig Knight" hit by Player "Ronda Johnson" into Head(0) for 110 damage (Bullet_762x54) with VSD from 2.96283 meters  
05:26:16 | Player "Craig Knight" hit by Player "Ronda Johnson" into Spine(39) for 110 damage (Bullet_762x54) with VSD from 2.96283 meters

Kill logs:

05:26:16 | Player "Joseph Avington" killed by Player "Thurnis Johnson" with MP7 from 4.9859 meters

05:26:16 | Player "Craig Knight" killed by Player "Ronda Johnson" with VSD from 2.96283 meters

Connection logs:

04:15:33 | Player "Joseph Avington" is connected
-Dead-

04:29:23 | Player "Thurnis Johnson" is connected
05:57:09 | Player "Thurnis Johnson" has been disconnected

04:21:16 | Player "Craig Knight" is connected
-Dead-

04:21:36 | Player "Ronda Johnson" is connected
05:57:08 | Player "Ronda Johnson" has been disconnected

Calling in the following people for a full detailed POV and possible video evidence:

Ally:

@spaz1346 - Craig Knight: POSTED

Accused:

@ExodusTheDon - Thurnis Johnson: POSTED

@Xander07 - Ronda Johnson: POSTED

@JHontz1917 - Mia Weaver: POSTED

I was there for the situation, I was a sniper and I witnessed the whole thing, Ronda and Thurntis are my allies. They're asleep at the moment but when they get on I'll inform them about the report. We have a recording, better yet a live stream of the whole ingagement. I'll let the Exodius explain that because I have no video proof other that the kills themselves. Nothing before or after so theirs no point to showing it. I don't see a point in giving my POV because I was into a sniper and all I saw was my friends holding them up, one of them not complying and him paying for it, that's all I saw. 

@JHontz1917 if you where involved in the situation please provide your POV of the situation, doesn't matter if you have evidence or not

I had complied with putting the weapon away, and at that point there were a myriad of ways to deal with an unarmed man within that range, especially if they had a sniper watching their backs. If drawing blood was not the intention he could have easily been struck with the butt of the gun to get him down, a warning of "If you think we won't shoot, we will." And the confrontation as a whole was- at least how I recall it- quite short. The RP that was given was quite barebones (in my opinion, do with that as you will) but I am not quite here to defend myself as the action my character took can be taken as threatening or that he didn't care about his own life, and therefore be shot, though Craig seems like he was shot for the sake of it.

Please do not do any useless back and forth, this is your only warning!

we just need your pov's if we have questions we will ask

My over watch called out 2 people at the end of the airfield me and Thurnis decided to go talk to them i then realized that I was low on food and decided to engage on them to try to get some food. They were also geared and i was a little skeptical because of our location and i have had multiple run ins with hostile people in that area. When we engaged Joseph Avington aimed down sights at Thurnis so i told him to take the shot Craig Knight then turned to Thurnis and i thought i saw his hands being put down so i defended my friend. 

I was laying prone up on one of the towers at the NWAF and I called out that there was two people further down the airfield so they said they were going to go talk to them over the radio. From then they started talking to them and when they started holding them up, one of them pulled a gun on my guy, I could have easily shot him right then but I didn't because I figured they had it under control. I saw that the other guy dropped his hands which that then cost them their lives.

Exodius has video proof and will be showing in a few minutes. Since it was a live stream hes cutting off the previous couple hours so it's just showing before the engagement, the engagement itself and after.

We were hanging out around the air field, and I heard one of my friends, may have been Ronda, call out there were 2 people there. We decided to talk to them and were a little low on food, so we decided to confront them and saw they had M4s and things we weren't able to find in our many hours of scavenging. Ronda told them to put their hands up, and the other guy aims at me. I tell him to put his hands up, hes slow to do so, then gives me the emote of cutting my throat. At this point I was a little fearful that there would be retaliation, and decided to open fire. Fearing his friend would retaliate, we shot him as well.

Posted (edited)

I was Craig Knight.

POV: They approached us, spoke a bit, told us about hostiles up north. We just decided to move to one more area and have a bit of a talk about it, and then they asked for food. I dropped some food, and right then, they held us up. It took me a second to react, since it really caught me off guard, but I put my hands up and near immediately got gunned down.

Joe DM'd me and said he hit the wrong emote right after.

Edited by spaz1346

@ExodusTheDon - Attempted Invalid Kill

@Xander07 - Invalid Kill (Roleplayed) 

Summary:

@ExodusTheDon, @Xander07, and @JHontz1917 decide to hold up @Stantro and @spaz1346 with @JHontz1917 serving as a sniper. They roleplay it out, @Stantro doesn't comply, gets shot. @spaz1346 is then shot while complying.

A complying hostage may not be killed or shot at with the intent to kill just because you think they are not going to comply. We advise you to be more focused on roleplay and offer the hostages a chance to respond before acting. @ExodusTheDon is getting points for an Attempted Invalid Kill because he shot with the intent to kill a complying hostage. @Xander07 is getting points for Invalid Kill because he killed a complying hostage.

The rules that support this verdict can be found below:

Spoiler

4.4 Hostile situations must focus on the role play experience of both attackers and victims. Both sides should actively participate and contribute to role play in all situations, any disputes or issues can be discussed and resolved afterwards.

As an attacker you may NOT:

• Attack other players just for the sake of gear by doing a quick robbery that involves little to no role play.
  • Ignore your victims. You must provide an engaging role play to keep things interesting for the victims at all times.

As a victim you may NOT:

• Pretend to be fearless, emotionless, not feel pain, or otherwise be unaffected by the situation where your life is at risk in a hostile situation.
  • Be passive during the hostile role play and refuse to actively participate in it. Just sitting there and not contributing to role play can make the situation very boring for the attackers.

4.6 If you successfully capture a player through a hostile action and then take him into your custody, he is now considered your hostage. You must do everything in your power to keep your hostages alive and in a relatively good health. That includes protecting them from external threats like zombies and leaving them with a realistic chance of survival when they are released. A character that is taken hostage may be executed once for a hostile incident that happened in the past where the hostage was personally responsible for, or participated in a death of your ally. In any other circumstances, hostages may only be executed in the following scenarios:

• Hostages do not comply with your demands after repeated requests or try to escape.
  • Hostages pose a direct threat to you or your group, for example by picking up a weapon when not allowed to.
  • Hostages do not value their life, for example they repeatedly talk back or insult you despite being told to stop.
  • Approved group of the hostage or their allies refuse to negotiate or open fire on hostage takers.
  • Demands from negotiations with approved group of the hostage have not been met after a reasonable time has elapsed

Verdict:

@ExodusTheDon - Attempted Invalid Kill | Guilty - 2 day ban, 5 warning points

@Xander07 - Invalid Kill (Roleplayed) | Guilty - 3 day ban, 10 warning points

Signed by: @Onyx, @Randy & @Xehara