Server time (UTC): 2019-06-27, 13:26
baskorthuis

Redwood radio on 102.5 (open frequency)

*Jan presses down the broadcast button and a cheerful voice starts speaking*

''Hello folks, hope you all doing well out there. This is Depressed Cowboy. I just have a little announcement to make. We'll start another broadcast in about one hour. From now on we'll announce our broadcast everday before we go live. This way you know when we'll be live.''

*Silence for a couple of seconds*

''Hope you all can tune in. I have some lovely records like Graceland, Sergeant Peppers Lonley Heart Club Band,  Greatest hits from John Denver and many more ready to be played! Alright see you in an hour.''

*Jan release the broadcast button and starts setting up things for the upcoming broadcast*

*Jan presses down the broadcast button and starts speaking*

''You all right, folks? Depressed Cowboy again from Redwood Radio. Today will be the special broadcast we promised. We will go live in about 4 to 5 hours. Starting off with a live acoustic session. Some good calm guitar tunes will fill the beginning of the show. After that we will play some old school Nashvile vinyl records. I hear you thinking! Is he only gonne play those dusty old tunes? Ofcourse not! After that we will play some uptempo rock and country songs.''

''I hope you will all tune in again. It will be a long session, so don't worry if you miss the first or last bit. Alright folks see you in 5 hours on 102.5 .''   

*Jan could be heard talking to some people before he releases the broadcast button*

*Jan starts to broadcast again* 

"Good afternoon everyone. Your host Depressed Cowboy again from Redwood Radio. We will do another broadcast in about 1 hour on 102.5 . Hope you all can tune in again.''

*Jan releases the broadcast button* 

*Jan holds down the broadcast button and starts speaking*

''Hello everyone out there, this is Depressed Cowboy with another announcement. We will go live in 30-45 minutes. If  you don't have a watch on you, then just tune in right now! As always we will be on 102.5 . This time we will start off with a live acoutic session. Then we will play some records again. Hope you all can tune in again!''

"O and we also have a little announcement to make, but you'll have to tune in for that!"

*Jan stops the broadcast*

*Soft clicking sounds could be heard before a male voice started speaking*

"This is your host Depressed Cowboy again. Talking to you from Redwood Radiostation. Another broadcast is coming up soon. We will go live in about 2 to 3 hours. Hope you can all tune in again on 102.5 ."

*Same clicking sound starts again and Jan's voice fades out*

*A voice is softly speaking in the background. A lot of radio static can be heard*

"He.....l...l o?"
*Voice slowly becomes stronger*

"Is this thing working again? Aight alright!

This is your host Depressed Cowboy again. Sorry for our absence lately. A storm hit our radio tower and we had some trouble getting it back to work. Now that we are finally back on the air, I wanna notify you of our next broadcast! We will be live in about a hour. Make sure to tune in again on 102.5 .''

*Jan stops the broadcast and radio static could be heard again*

"Summer it is! Do you already feel it? This is your host Depressed Cowboy again. In about 1 or 2 hours we will do another broadcast. This time we will play as many summer hits as we can. We'll even play 3 songs from Paul Simon's Graceland, to get some real African summer vibes going! Feel free to tune in on 102.5 ."

*Jan stops the broadcast and radio static could be heard*

"Hello folks, Depressed cowboy here. We will be doing another, yes another! Broadcast for you today. Will we be live in about 20 minutens. Get your radios going or find yourselfs some new batteries and tune into 102.5 "

*Jan stops speaking, but music slowely fading music can be heard in the background*

*Alex presses down the push to talk and beings to say*

"Hello everyone, no depressed cowboy today but you have me filling in for him! we'll be doing a broadcast today in around an hour. So grab you're radios scrounge up some batteries and tune in to 102.5. Ya don't wanna miss it!"

*Alex stops speaking as he hums a tune*

*Alex starts speaking in his radio*

"Good day everyone, Alex here. We will start a new radio broadcast in around 20 minutes. Make sure to tune in and listen to Redwood Radio on 102.5"

*Alex abruptly stops broadcasting*

*Marty whips out his radio and lighter and hits the PTT*

"Welcome one and all, again soon we will be having a broadcast. Sadly it isn't yours truly broadcasting. Today it's depressed cowboy coming at you with his usual country and golden oldies. So get you're beverage of choice some nice snacks and tune in to 102.5 don't miss it!"

*Marty flips the lighter open as the signal fades*

*Jan sits in his old chair again and presses the broadcast button*

Hello folks! How are you doin' out there. This is Depressed Cowboy speaking form Redwood Radio. We are going live with another broadcast in about 10 minutes.

Make sure to tune in again, cause we have got two new records around for you today.

*Jan stops the broadcast and starts booting up the system*

*Jan starts to speak into the microphone*

Hi folks we going live with another broadcast any second. Make sure to tune in cause we have some good news from Zelenogorsk!

*Jan stops talking and starts the broadcast*

*A gruff, deep male voice comes through the static it gets louder like it is 2 center-meters from the microphone as he announces in a loud, proud tone.*

"Laaaaaaaaaadies and geeeeeeentlemeeeen~ I am announcing to you! Redwood Radio going liiiiiiiive now. It's time to grab your favorite drink, settle in and tune in. We'll be with you shortly."

*The voice cuts out a tad bit early, a showcase of his amateur radio skills.*

*Jan boots up the broadcast equipment and starts speaking*

You all folks doin' alright? Depressed cowboy here going live with another broadcast in about 20 to 30 minutes.

Hope you can tune in again! 102.5 as always...

*Jan takes a sip of his coffee and turns the microphone off*

Posted (edited)

*Kyle hears the transmission and in excited pushes the down the PTT*

"Yoo let's fuckin goo fam! Been waitin all day for dis music, got a long journey ahead of me styll and I'm travellin on my own and bored n dat. How long till the music starts my G?"

*Eagerly awaiting a reply he clips the radio onto his tracksuit pants and continues to march on down the road*

Edited by Saunders

Posted (edited)

*Alexei frowns and pushes the PTT*

Is my radio broken, or is there no music on t--

*Upon hearing the music, Alexei releases the PTT*

Edited by Whitename

*Jan wipes the sweat from his face after carying the big old vinyl crate down the tower. Once downstairs, Alex told him some people were calling in. He picks up a walkie talkie and starts talking*

Thanks for tuning in! Had a great broadcast today, with no technical issues at all on my side. Hope you all tune in again next time!

I'll just get on cleaning the station since noone seems to be doing so....

*Signal fades away*

*Jan presses the broadcast button and starts speaking*

You all folks better have your radios radio, cause Redwood Radio is going live in about 15 minutes. Make sure to tune in again on 102.5 , we gonna try out some new found cassettes along side our usual vinyl records.

*Cassete rewind sounds can be heard in the background while the signal fades*

*Jan boots up the console and checks if it works a couple of times before he starts speaking*

Alright folks. We are back this evening with another broadcast. Some things went bad at our station so we had to move. 
New setting, new mood. Well folks, this will be a live broadcast. With live I mean live music!
Make sure to tune in on 102.5 again. Hope we don't run into technical problems....

Alright broadcast will start in 10-15 minutes!

*Jan stops speaking and soft elevator music can be heard fading away*