Server time (UTC): 2019-09-18, 01:57
Sign in to follow this  
Rover

Bayonet Animation

I believe the new DayZ patch notes commented on a bayonet animation.

Was anyone able to use this successfully? When I tried a rifle with bayonet equipped (SKS) it did the melee buttstock smash, but showed a single 'point' impact that looked like a bullet hole on the wall I was aiming at. When I used a shotgun, it showed no impact site, so I'm wondering if the bayonet attachment is actually changing the damage/attack without correctly showing a new animation.

I didn't test it on any infected or players.

Same. This is apparently a DayzRp issue, because if you join a default or non RP server the bayonet works as intended. The question is, are the bayonet we have added by us or by the base game? 

The bayonet you are probably using is the one that is added in the dayzrp mod added before 1.03 that is just a model that can be attached. That is why it doesn't do the bayonet stab animation.

The correct ones spawn in but you'd have to look/test it to know if it the right bayonet. 

For example the AKM bayonet (default one added in 1.03) is held correctly and the bayonet added in dayzrp mod is held backwards.

Ahhh!

That is good to know, thank you. I'll have to be more scrutinizing in my bayonets then.

Can confirm the M4 bayonet works as intended aswell 

AK Bayonet and SKS Bayonet are working wonders 👍