Server time (UTC): 2019-08-19, 04:43
Sign in to follow this  
Jsesse White

A Missing Friend (OPEN FREQ)

Posted (edited)

*Lawrence leans against the door of a barn littered with glow-sticks, sheltering from the harsh weather outside. He slides batteries from his flashlight out and into his radio before pushing it close to his mouth*

"Kane... Kane, oh goodness I don't know what to do. I thought I knew but I don't know. I've tried to capture your spirit in an Oasis capsule of light - but I don't know if it's big enough for your brain... you're the smartest person I know and I'm sure you'd know what to do or how I can get you back..."

*A couple of isolated sniffles can be heard - followed by a deep sigh and the crunch of Lawrence laying against hay*

"I'm just scared... I don't know where to go. I'm going to turn you on Kane. I know you'd want it, even if you don't tell me. I can feel it when I hold you. You don't speak to me like someone like Chance when he's in the glow-stick - but maybe bigger ships and people with bigger brains work differently. Maybe you can only hear me on the walkie talkies"

*Lawrence takes his finger off the transmit button and fidgets to get in a comfortable position in the hay.*

"I'll find a way to find you, we've got chilly boy activities to do. Also Russian men are looking to throw you off a roof, apparently you go round doing drugs and punching women? I mean .... like that's really gangsta and I respect it but Jesus, ok, my goodness. I'm leader of the Wolf Pack now, like the real alpha dog so i'll be able to protect you - no matter the amount of bossy ladies who live in graveyards you punch. Real gang shit"

*A small (ghost-like) wolf howl can be heard before the radio is pushed back against his face*

"ok I probably shouldn't have said the last bit. No-one is looking for you trust me like zero people, only the ones who miss you and that's like everyone. Sorry for the monologue by that's the world we live in i think - these glow-sticks look like a campfire and it's like a trigger for these stories. I was 18 years old when the apoca-"

*The radio battery dies, cutting the transmission off. *

*Lawrence sighs, looking over to the large construction light set up facing him. He forces a smile then lays back down to rest.*

Edited by Jsesse White

Yelena would turn her head to her radio, her brow furrowed as she takes it. A look of confusion builds on her brow. The chernarussian responds to the radio.

”I don’t care if you’re homosex... but what in the fuck did I just listen to? Turning people on... and capturing things... I suggest turning off radio if you’re drunk. You’re saying weird shit and it’s gonna get you or someone else into trouble... Like... seriously... English not first language but... That message went 5 differents ways... Turn off your radio... it’s for best.”

There is a mumble from Yelena as the radio moves further from her face.

”Turning people on.... beating women... drugs... capturing oasis.... kurva...”

The woman settles her feet up on the opposite chair as she stairs up at the ceiling, shaking her head.

*a short piano medley could be heard through the transmission (those familiar would recognize it as "Mad World" by Gary Jules) before a Southern voice speaks*

"now, now miss.  There seems to be a awful lot of judgement coming through the airwaves on this glorious day. (A small disturbing chuckle would follow)

There is only one who can judge us so, and that would be the good lord above.  Perhaps glowstick here is a sinner...that is not for us to decide whether he will burn at the end of his days or find SALVATION.  

Now...glowstick man.

tell me about this wolf pack...I'm intrigued.

*The piano medley would continue briefly before the transmission cut out*

Yelena would seem more confused than before about judgements.

”W-what!? Ne, if you listen to radio, that’s what he said. I am repeating.... Maybe you only hear brunt of man’s radio transmission.”

She lets the radio go to static, shaking her head.

Posted (edited)

*The sound of occasional chicken clucks and painful silence is suddenly disrupted by the transmissions, as Lawrence sits up, closing the battery pack on the radio and wrapping himself in a dark jacket and shivering quietly.*

"W... Wa...Wait, what?"

*Genuine confusion can be heard, Lawrence's eyes widen and he stands up, carefully avoiding the glow-sticks littering the barn floor. He's audibly agitated and flustered by the chernarussian's response*

"I beg you're pardon? God no, I... I just want to turn him on so he can come back and we can do gang gang stuff. I miss him, lady. He's the smartest person I know and he was probably almost certainly getting married before he vanished - he had like loads of wonderful women... no homiesex, like... each to their own but nuh-uh."

*He audibly recoils whilst speaking, then pushes his bodyweight against the main barn door - shifting it and peaking his head into the deafening silence awaiting outside.*

"I just wanted him to respond, I've tried everything, even... even asking people and all they say is random shit about generators and bulbs and I just don't understand. Maybe turning him on will like release him like a hologram or the real him - I'm getting tired carrying him around and getting no answers."

*He lets out a loud sigh, then slides his radio back into his pocket whilst muttering to himself - looking over to the stolen construction light - forcing a small smile out, again.*

*Lawrence walks over to his hat - then gathers up his glow-sticks and picks up the construction light before brandishing his radio again*

"Also, Mr Church man - I'm not a huge, huge, huge fan of the fire and brimstone talk, however thank you for the... defence? I don't know how... like much I'm meant to say about the group... Even though I'm totally the big boss alpha. I didn't really know speaking to Kane would be spread across the world like this so I may have... like... spoken too much. I'm sticking up near Camp Oasis until I can find someone who's good with wires or tools to turn Kane on - then I'll be around. Maybe we'll bump paths and... and talk or do other leader stuff.

*Lawrence lets out large anxious breath, his hands shaking - causing him to lean back on the cool barn wall for stability.*

"Um, anyway. Guys I didn't mean for you to like get weirded out - if you met Kane you'd understand but like... maybe over walkie talkie you can't hear him very well" 

*A forced nervous and sad chuckle is echoed into the radio* 

"I'll maybe, possibly see you around - my name's Lawrence. Lawrence Pierce the... the second. I didn't mean to confuse - just wanted to try to talk to my friend. He's here but I... I miss him."

*A final, deep sigh can be heard before it fades into radio static - Lawrence places the radio on his hip, and attached a glow-stick to his bag before forcing the barn door fully open. He looks back to the now empty barn, construction light in hand before turning and heading out into the fog.*

Edited by Jsesse White
I cant spell word too good

**The radio fires to life and an ominous static can be heard, only getting slightly clearer during the few seconds of broadcast, but for a brief moment it would sound like Sarah McLachlan's song, In the arms of an angel was playing before abruptly falling silent once again.**

Phoenyxx glares at her radio as she listens to the transmissions. She shakes her head but slowly unclenches her fist when a song is heard. She sighs in the slightest relief and then presses the ptt on her radio. 

"Lawrence. Kane will likely be fine. Its nice to hear youre still alive. Ill be back soon. Also who said you are Alpha?" She would chuckle lightly before continuing "I hope all of you are safe". 

*Lawrence finally let's out a sigh of suppressed stress and anguish, leaning against a car with all doors un-necessarily open, the song calmed his soul - and he looks down to the construction light and sees it glisten with magic. Or sunshine. Probably magic.*

*This magical moment halts to a stop - then the moment is tarnished by the crackling of another transmission - Lawrence listens as his face drops and he slides down the sedan he perched upon*

"Excuse me, lady who just talked, I... I nee.... I"

*Lawrence covers his mouth and speaks into the radio at the same time*

"chhhhck... you.... breaking... chhhk.. can't hear... chhhk... Alpha things. Gotta go... Sorry bossy bird lady."

*Before letting go, Lawrence lets out a small - pathetic howl in defiance before standing up and placing two yellow arm-bands firmly into his pockets.*