Server time: 2019-05-22, 19:43
Sign in to follow this  
SubdigitalGJ

Text chat currently breaks your game

Posted (edited)

It would seem no matter what your keybinding is set to as soon as you click your text chat the game will not let any other buttons work forcing you to ALT TAB out.

Edited by SubdigitalGJ

I've had the same issue, it seems more of a dayz dev issue, which probably be fix shortly.

Same issue here. Really a game breaking bug since I'm roleplaying a deaf character. Oh well, I guess we need to be patient and wait for a fix.

Its a feature, not a bug. #deathtotextRP

What happens if you tap (.) on your keyboard?

Xehara: Chat function is broken. Pressing T opens chat bar but nothing happens. Must CTRL+ALT+TAB out of game. Likely due to the DayZRP Mod expanding the chat character limits.

This is a known issue. This should be fixed when Roland updates the server when he returns 👍

I've been hearing a lot of reports of if people type in the emote chat that it breaks them to stay in the emote box and you can't exit out of it.

This is on the developers side from the actual dev team for dayz game, not our own. Therefore you'll have to be patient with them from their side. They will soon catch on that it isn't right with the amount of reports from other server owners and fix it hopefully soon.