Server time: 2019-05-22, 11:44
BigDaddy

S1 Camp Eden - RDM + A lot of ARDM

Posted (edited)

Server and location: S1 Camp Eden (Near Bogatyrka)

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 22:20'ish -> 23:15

Your in game name: Evan Rose

Names of allies involved: @Kain @Mia @GreenySmiley @Isaiah Cortez and many others

Name of suspect/s: Logs will show + the Russian man

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): N/A

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): So we were at camp calling out rules and just doing General RP, when all of a sudden the gate opens and a man shoots John Anderson (I believe his name is) I run to the wall trying to look for the man when all of a sudden he opens the gate again and just shoots at anyone he can see inside the camp. At no points was an initiation dropped or anything. Seeing bullets flying right next to my head and several of the people inside the camp getting shot, me and @Kain have a small shootout with the man resulting in the death of @Kain and the man shooting randomly.

Time goes by, we move some stuff, I do some rounds and so on, I notice that a man is following me around so I try to stay near a bunch of people (The man seen with his hands up outside the camp in the first video) The man then asks me a question so I answer it and all of a sudden a man dressed in all black just runs up and shoots me in the face. Again, no initiation or nothing.

- The first shooting starts at 03:04

- My death starts at 04:20

Edited by BigDaddy
Added video

Posted (edited)

Jackfish's POV

So I started playing again and decided to go to the camp. When I arrived I met some people and they told me they were gonna initiate on the white armbands. I decided to roll with it and joined with initiating on the white armbands. I think most of them died but then I got shot in the back. Wounded I sprinted back to the camp, changed accent/ clothes and started RPing. Eventually I hear a man say that he was in the middle of the initiation, blasted one with a shotgun and managed to get away from there. I ask him multible times what situation he ment and he said people just initiated on the white armbands and that he managed to kill one and ran off without anyone seeing him. From that moment on my mission was to kill that man since he told me what the people were wearing who initiated and I knew that were the people I grouped up with. I walked around a bit, RPed a bit and eventually saw him outside of the gate. I took my AK out of my backpack and started shooting at him. Because I am great at PVP I missed alot (hitting trees / walls) and he managed to run back into the camp,, when he entered the camp I continued to shoot and hit him a couple times and the wooden wall behind him (I dont think you can shoot trough them so no way I hit someone else). I then run around  the camp and open the gate because I jumped on a fence and saw my target bandaging infront of the gate. I shot at him when suddenly a man walks infront of my gun and I hit him once by accident. When I noticed I hit him I stopped shooting, turned around and ran off (still have no clue why someone would jump infront of a shooter but alright). When sprinting away I saw someone with a green armband shooting at me and I heard another gun shooting at me. Knowing there was no escape I turned around and opened fire on the two guys who started chasing me / shooting me outside of the walls. I managed to kill one but I get killed. I then permakilled my character since it would make 0 sense for me to survive that.

I am not sure if I hit someone else but I am willing to talk with the OP if he wants that too. My intention was never to shoot anyone I could see inside of the camp, I only aimed for that one person.

Edited by Jackfish

Kazimir Pyotrovich Yazov POV: I went on the server and almost immediately gunshots were going off and I saw Grachi @Isaiah Cortez near the base that the Sentinels were making. After the firefight, I went over and we scavenged what was there, I picked up someone's SCAR-L for Robbie (Not involved in situation). After a bit, we all return to the base when the Asylum stuck around there. 

Once everything calmed down, Grachi was talking to people about the rules of the camp and I started to leave, following Evan @BigDaddy down to the gate. We start to talk about the base we are building and begin heading to the sentinel base, there I see Rose @Mia and I think James. (I've yet to look back at my recording, so some details might be hazy). Once we are talking with each other, a volley of gunshots go off at Camp Eden and we rush back to hearing Grachi say over the megaphone "What the fuck did you just do in my camp? Get the fuck out of here you... something something". 

Once I get into the inner area of the camp, the door to my right swings open and I get shot, I charge the guy with Evan and he goes down, as well as myself.

I did not hear any initiation or really anything of the sort, just someone started opening fire into the camp.

VOD will be uploaded later tonight.

Posted (edited)

Rose Pagano's POV:

I woke up from a refreshing nap in Camp Eden and heard Grachi explaining camp rules to everyone.  So, I decided to head to the Sentinel's camp to check out the progress on their base building effort.  As I stood looking at the Sentinel's camp, James walked up and we started a little conversation about the lack of progress (sorry, boys).  Then Kazimir appeared and joined the discussion.  I'm not sure who, but, someone else mentioned there was a body a few feet away in the forest, so, we walked over to check it out.  Blood was still pouring, so, I said the body must be fresh. 

Then we heard gunshots coming from the direction of Camp Eden and Grachi screaming something over the megaphone.  We all looked at each other and immediately ran to help.  We entered the gate nearest the Sentinel's camp and ran as fast as we could.  Just as we reached the camp's reception area, the main gate flung open and a man started shooting indiscriminately into Camp Eden.  At least that's how it seemed to me.  Kazimir was shot, but, still managed to pursue the shooter along with other camp members.  As I ran out I saw Kazimir hit the ground badly wounded.  When I realized everyone was shooting automatic weapons, I decided to stay behind cover and help by killing the infected with my SKS.  When the shooting stopped, I learned Evan had managed to take down the attacker.

Everything happened very quickly; at no time did I hear an initiation.  I apologize if I've left anything out.

Edited by Mia

Posted (edited)

I killed you @BigDaddy.

Yesterday @Jackfish is taken hostage by The Sentinels, I find @Jackfish today along with @OxeN in camp, I inform him of a plan I am hatching to ambush The Sentinels.

Sentinels Initiate on @Jackfish.

We play dumb and when The Sentinels let their guard down I initiate on The Sentinels, in their camp across from Camp Eden, a firefight ensues, we kill at least 4? (Could be wrong, happened quickly.) I take a spare rifle from a dead body and leave the area before the crowds gather from the camp.

@Jackfish is shot in the back when heading back to the Eden camp, so we know one is alive.

@OxeN hears someone bragging about killing one of us and running away, he calls out the position for @Jackfish (see jacks PoV above.)

Upon @OxeN relaying information that @Jackfish was shot and killed by the OP, calls out his clothing, I return to the area, sneak into the camp, @OxeN baits the man into position, I kill him, run to the back of camp then I put away my weapon and jog past the crowd gathering around the body, incognito.

I then escape.

EDIT: I Would also like to add, after I fled the situation, the server was restarted due to lag by admins, upon rejoining in the long queue, my game crashed immediately, I relaunched the game and waited in an extremely long queue to rejoin, if there are some differences in connection logs.

Edited by Ryan Shepherd

Posted (edited)

My question is since @Jackfish is not affiliated with any approved group, why did you kill me? Attackers rights, as stated below, only transfers over to approved groups. Since he was the attacker/aggressor in case, no one other than @Jackfish, who died, had KOS rights.

If you are an attacker - the one who first did the initiation or started, caused or provoked the hostile situation - you are allowed to defend yourself by gaining ATTACKER RIGHTS on the defenders. Attacker rights allow you to kill defenders for 1 hour or until your character dies. Attacker rights can be only be shared with your approved group members. If you are not a part of an approved group, attacker rights can not be shared and apply only for your character.

Edited by BigDaddy

You involved yourself in a situation that did not involve you directly.

I recieved Defence rights not attacker rights when you shot and killed my ally @Jackfish.

Lets quote some rules then shall we.

If you are a defender - the one being initiated on or subjected to other hostile actions that threaten your life which you did not start or provoke - you are allowed to defend yourself by gaining  DEFENDER RIGHTS on the attackers. Defender rights allow you to kill attackers for 2 hours or until your character dies. Defender rights can be shared with anyone who you recently role played with as well as all your group members, if you are a part of an approved group.

@BigDaddy are you willing to talk this out on Discord tomorrow or are you willing to keep this report open? 

Hello! This is Grachi, leader of the camp. Will post POV and video footage tomorrow/today when I wake up.

3 minutes ago, Ryan Shepherd said:

I recieved Defence rights not attacker rights when you shot and killed my ally @Jackfish.

If you are a defender - the one being initiated on or subjected to other hostile actions that threaten your life which you did not start or provoke - you are allowed to defend yourself by gaining  DEFENDER RIGHTS on the attackers. Defender rights allow you to kill attackers for 2 hours or until your character dies. Defender rights can be shared with anyone who you recently role played with as well as all your group members, if you are a part of an approved group.

That's not how Defense Rights work. You as a group of individuals started the attack against the people inside of the camp, as Jackfish was the aggressor to the situation. In that moment, Jackfish shot me in the somewhere and that gave basically everyone around defense rights considering Kazimir's position around the camp dynamically. The fact you guys used baiting and whatnot just to kill people and apparently what I heard, shot my body multiple times after my character died to say "Nah, he's dead" really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

1 hour ago, Ryan Shepherd said:

If you are a defender - the one being initiated on or subjected to other hostile actions that threaten your life which you did not start or provoke

3 minutes ago, Kain said:

That's not how Defense Rights work. You as a group of individuals started the attack against the people inside of the camp, as Jackfish was the aggressor to the situation. In that moment, Jackfish shot me in the somewhere and that gave basically everyone around defense rights considering Kazimir's position around the camp dynamically. The fact you guys used baiting and whatnot just to kill people and apparently what I heard, shot my body multiple times after my character died to say "Nah, he's dead" really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

Firsty, if you are going to throw around 'baiting' accusations, please back it up, thanks.

Secondly, Jackfish was attempting to kill the remaining sentinel alive and as his PoV states failed horribly hitting others (at the time I did not know he had hit uninvolved civilians) as far as I was aware, he tried to kill the sentinel, got shot and killed by the uninvolved OP, I then retaliated.

Last but sadly not least, again if you are going to throw out an accusation like that, back it up, I did not say that nor shoot anyone multiple times in the head.

Just now, Ryan Shepherd said:

Firsty, if you are going to throw around 'baiting' accusations, please back it up, thanks.

Secondly, Jackfish was attempting to kill the remaining sentinel alive and as his PoV states failed horribly hitting others (at the time I did not know he had hit uninvolved civilians) as far as I was aware, he tried to kill the sentinel, got shot and killed by the uninvolved OP, I then retaliated.

Last but sadly not least, again if you are going to throw out an accusation like that, back it up, I did not say that nor shoot anyone multiple times in the head.

Not you, but Oxen did do that to my character according to @Isaiah Cortez. You quite literally, QUITE LITERALLY said you baited @BigDaddy. Don't start being condescending, I really don't like the attitude man.

Posted (edited)

POV: was roleplaying in camp eden when a gunfight broke out between the Dead Batteries and Sentinels plus @Jackfish from i understand, later a member of sentinels is spotted by me inside the camp and i relay the information to @Jackfish after the man admits to killing people during the initiation with @Ryan Shepherd and the Dead Batteries fight with Sentinels.

I after relay information to them both of where the man is, @Jackfish attempts to kill him and fails miserably ending in his death but not before several members of the Camp rush out too kill him, @Kain and some others shoot at him giving me and whoever recently roleplayed with @Jackfish Defense Rights. i guide @Ryan Shepherd to the shooter and he shoots him dead, and after makes his escape. I leave shortly after.

After @Jackfish died along with @Kain several people were trying to powergame their dead bodies and saying that they were not dead and only wounded when they had been shot to shit and even in the head by me as an effort to not let them turn into infected (Roleplay). The accused performing this act were mainly @Mia Who even got angry at the fact that i was saying that he was clearly dead and not breathing, she told me to leave several times due to me telling her a dead man was dead. Even when shot in the head once, they all denied it and tried roleplaying out that he was alive by carrying his body inside etc.

Here is the rule incase you forgot, 3.6 You are not allowed to force an action, condition or belief upon another players character beyond what the game mechanics allow, unless the action is specifically allowed by the other player. This is called power gaming.

I shot @Jackfish dead body once in the head and i shot @Kain in the head once. What leaves a sour taste in my mouth is breaking immersion and even holding his or hers character in such high regard that you would rather powergame and failrp than too PK/Roleplay out the scenario as @Jackfish did, he even PKed his character.

Thanks.

//END OF POV

Edited by OxeN

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Kain said:

Not you, but Oxen did do that to my character according to @Isaiah Cortez. You quite literally, QUITE LITERALLY said you baited @BigDaddy. Don't start being condescending, I really don't like the attitude man.

I think you are misinformed with the definition and difference of baiting by terms of english and by terms of the rules.

Baiting via the rules is calling someone names or provoking them to initiate, which is not the case here.

While the baiting I am referring to is getting @oxen to lure the OP into a position by asking him a QUESTION where I had eyes which is quite obviously not against the rules.

Edited by Ryan Shepherd

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, OxeN said:

I shot @Jackfish dead body once in the headand i shot @Kain in the head once. What leaves a sour taste in my mouth is breaking immersion and even holding his or hers character in such high regard that you would rather powergame and failrp than too PK/Roleplay out the scenario as @Jackfish did, he even PKed his character.

First of all, I did not PK my character as I felt like that situation would make zero sense to PK. There was no story or anything, I usually hold PKs to my characters to a higher standard than a possible RDM. They were saying I was not dead because I told them OOCly that Kazimir is not dead and I am not PKing him. Until you know the status of my character OOCly, you cannot dictate whether or not he is dead. If you guys are going to start complaining about making accusations and now you are accusing me of FailRP and Powergaming out of no where is really hypocritical. Jackfish was faced with a possible NVFL situation as there were ~10 people against 1 in that moment, so sure. Plus, it's his character, he can do whatever he wants to do with his character. 

If anyone is powergaming, it is you in this scenario as Kazimir Yazov is NOT dead and you are trying to make it so he is dead. All the rest were roleplaying correctly as I was not dead.

I am not going to continue any further replies unless asked to by staff.

Edited by Kain

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kain said:

First of all, I did not PK my character as I felt like that situation would make zero sense to PK. There was no story or anything, I usually hold PKs to my characters to a higher standard than a possible RDM. They were saying I was not dead because I told them OOCly that Kazimir is not dead and I am not PKing him. Until you know the status of my character OOCly, you cannot dictate whether or not he is dead. If you guys are going to start complaining about making accusations and now you are accusing me of FailRP and Powergaming out of no where is really hypocritical. Jackfish was faced with a possible NVFL situation as there were ~10 people against 1 in that moment, so sure. Plus, it's his character, he can do whatever he wants to do with his character. 

If anyone is powergaming, it is you in this scenario as Kazimir Yazov is NOT dead and you are trying to make it so he is dead. All the rest were roleplaying correctly as I was not dead.

I'm confused at this reply, at no point did i hold you accountable for Powergame or FailRP.

This seems better discussed over discord with a moderator overwatching the convo than us cluttering the thread so that the verdict will take five years too solve, needless to say i am going to bed goodnight.

Edited by OxeN

Posted (edited)

Kain wasn’t going to PK his character over this, so, no, his character wasn’t dead.  His character was wounded.  That’s how we planned to RP it.  But, no, you had to insist he was dead and then to make sure, you put a bullet in his head while everyone watched.  That is power-gaming in my book.

Edited by Mia

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mia said:

Kain wasn’t going to PK his character over this, so, no, his character wasn’t dead.  His character was wounded.  That’s how we planned to RP it.  But, no, you had to insist he was dead and then to make sure, you put a bullet in his head while everyone watched.  That is power gaming in my book.

How am i too know that, would you rather have me break immersion/failRP and act as if someone with a bullet in their head is not dead? That's not how it works no matter how you plan to roleplay it out, you cannot force that action upon me since it is not possible within the game mechanics.

Edited by OxeN

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, OxeN said:

How am i too know that, would you rather have me break immersion/failRP and act as if someone with a bullet in their head is not dead? That's not how it works no matter how you plan to roleplay it out, you cannot force that action upon me since it is not possible within the game mechanics.

That is exactly how it works unless a PK is involved. 

I will not respond again unless asked to by staff.  There is already too much back and forth.

Edited by Mia

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mia said:

That is exactly how it works unless a PK is involved.  

good chat, very productive to go against the rules.

3.6 You are not allowed to force an action, condition or belief upon another players character beyond what the game mechanics allow, unless the action is specifically allowed by the other player. This is called power gaming.

Edited by OxeN

That's enough back and forth for one night. Anything beyond this point that isn't a POV or video evidence will be met with points.

Server and location: S1 - Camp Eden

Your in game name: Denis Sokolov

Names of allies involved: @Hampze,@Imation11, @JMZIE, @Lorcan

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): Video footage STARTING from the firefight at Sentinel Compound leading to the aftermath of the situation. Little bit extra at the end, but still.

Detailed description of the events: 

Hello, This is Grachi, leader of Camp Eden. I am outside, having a chat with couple friends about how things are going around. Then we start hearing shot from within the direction of Sentinel compound and I advice everyone who is not involved with it get inside the camp, out of harms way. When inside the camp, I see @Ryan Shepherd running from the Sentinel compound and I ask him to leave the premises. Soon after I go check what happened, and if any of my former allies are alive. After checking out we return to the camp. 

Soon after I gather people to the camp, to announce them the rules that are in effect within the camp. Moments later, @Jackfish suddenly opens up on @Hampze, trying to kill him, shooting wildly around the compounds entry area, running out of ammo and closing the gate. @Kain and @Mia run from the wip area to see what is going on, and @Jackfish opens up the gate to continue shooting towards @Hampze, wounding Kain and riling up our retaliation against the shots. @Kain and @BigDaddy give out a chase to the man who just shot at them, and multiple others eventually leading to situation where @Kain and @Jackfish are killed. At this point, Jackfish permas his character, and we get a snippet of info that @Kain character is wounded, and will return to camp later to have medical RP. At the same time @OxeN goes around "finishing" both of the dead people off, by shooting them in the head, proclaiming that they are dead, even though we do know that @Kain's character is alive, just wounded IC'ly and OOC'ly and we proceed to tell him that he is not dead, just wounded and unconscious where he responds that he has been shot in the head "killing" him. At this time, @Mia and I proceed to tell him that he is not dead, just wounded, and ask him to leave.

We return to the camp, to proceed on taking care of @Hampze who has been around our people quite a bit. Just to make a note that he is NOT part of the Sentinels, but I will let him tell his own POV of the situation that I know little about, what happened at Sentinel FOB.

I proceed to conversation with my allies @JMZIE and @Lorcan of the situation at Sentinel base, we chat for a while when the shots ring out at the Camp. @Ryan Shepherd had just shot @BigDaddy for shooting at and possibly killing @Jackfish. We proceed to search out the compound, and @Ryan Shepherd slips past me and disappears into the forest.

End of POV

Some timestamps of the video:

21:20 @Jackfish starts spraying down John Andersson, knocking him unconscious 

22:10 @Kain and @Mia return to camp, only be shot upon by @Jackfish. This leads to small chase by @BigDaddy and @Kain towards @Jackfish ending up to Kain's and jackfishes death.

24:02 First executing shot towards @Kain

25:00 @OxeN claiming that he is dead, even though he has no idea to know for sure.

36:35 @BigDaddy get's "assassinated" by @Ryan Shepherd

Few words:

Allright. This situation is messy as hell. Problems here are that @Hampze is not part of Sentinels by my knowledge and their roster. So, I do not know the whole story yet to say more to this, exception the ID'ing and execution of the situation could have been done better. By @Jackfish just spraying inside the camp, trying to kill @Hampze he could not know who would retaliate and why. But he still managed to hit a 3rd party that then proceeded on chasing him down and eventually killing him. Later, @OxeN proclaims that a person is dead, even though he is not. We told him that he is wounded, and rather than going on by that information, he proceeds to shoot Kain in the head and telling us that he is dead, which we do precieve either as Bad RP'ish or power gaming. It is common for people to return the place later to proceed to have Medical RP. This has been done hundreds of times in the past, and this is the reason why anyone in the dynamic that we are rolling with do not ever say that "killed, dead, executed" until we know for sure that they are dead. And I've seen this a trend with countless other groups. Later, @Ryan Shepherddecides that he still wants to shoot @BigDaddy because he had shot towards his friend, rather than just letting him live, or RP things out he chose the easy way to shoot him. @BigDaddy posed no direct threat towards him, nor anyone else from the camp, so this just feels like a chance for a kill was seen and it was taken. I do wish to see this report walk it's course, because the situation spans from multiple different groups, dynamics and situations.

Will respond in this thread only if asked by staff, otherwise DM me in Discord, note that everything you say to me, will be screen shotted and used as possible evidence during this report if need arises.

Posted (edited)

-Johns POV- 10 minutes before this happened I was at the sentinels camp when a group of people starting attacking them. So I shot back and helped the Sentinels and made my way back into the camp. Then when we was talking about rules in the camp a guy in black walks up and points a gun at someone, so i point my gun at him and he gets mad. Then a little bit later he walks out from camp, so I followed him and stayed by the gate. Then he starts shooting so I open gate and point my gun at his head to see if he just shot someone. Then I tell him I’m sorry for pointing at him and that I thought he just shot someone, i don’t remember exactly but I believe I put my hand up. Then his friend pulled a gun behind me and started shooting at me for no reason. At this point I have not shot a single bullet, or said anything hostile to them.

Edited by Hampze
Looked at the video, I dont remember exactly what happen because i was tired.