Posted (edited)

Server and location: S1 Troitskoe

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 19:21:50

Your in game name: Jacob Kras

Names of allies involved: N/A

Name of suspect/s: Oliver OBrien

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): N/A

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot):

Detailed description of the events: Right off the bat I just want to say that THIS IS A VALID KILL. This report is because Oliver OBrien had no gas mask at Troitskoe military base. From what I understand a couple of my allies had an interaction at Troitskoe military around 30 minutes later with Oliver OBrien and someone else, neither of which had a gas mask. The only thing i can confirm is Oliver did not have a gas mask.

Edited by Gaard
i made the line "this is a valid kill" all caps because it is very important to know that me getting killed is not the problem.

Posted (edited)

And again.

Hex's PoV:

So I was wandering around looking to gear up, making a route from the NEAF to the military bases and civilian stuffs. Upon reaching the Troitskoe military base I noticed a significant amount of buildup and decided to actually take a peek. I noticed a guy at the front dealing with zombies and stepped from the bushes to make myself known and not any sort of threat. I start talking to the OP, asking the light question or two about the base and was going to ask him a few more questions about why he would build here when I was told I would have to leave along with the OP raising his weapon at me and doing a bit of a bandit shuffle. I take a bit of time to weigh my options and eventually kill the OP not long later. 

Yes its very much true I was not wearing a gas mask, I was under the impression and was told in the past by Major that as long as you stay clear of the body pit and dont linger at the base for long, you are fine. I did not intend to stay for long, just a quick run through so my protection was minimal. However to the point of me meeting others at the camp roughly 30 minutes later, I'll elaborate. After killing the OP I poked around his camp for about 5 minutes or so and then bugged out, heading North and out of the camp/base itself putting me far outside its effective area. I waited for one of my allies to make his way North and once together we headed back into the camp for a time before leaving. 

Again, I was told a while ago that one did not need a gas mask nor full protective gear to enter the base, I had a bandanna over my face and deemed it adequate to filter dust and other particulates out.

Edited by Hex

The known biological contaminant that emanates from the base mentioned in the lore post is why you need a mask. If you sit at the pit or at the western edge where the dried riverbed is for a while you will need it eventually. A full hazmat suit is recommended, but if you only go in with a gas mask its advisable to clean and sanitize your gear and clothing afterwards.

A CDF unit maintained the base for years and didnt incur noticeable affects from the radiation because they seldom went to the concentration spots. 

So no, this is not bad rp at all. Just a simple misunderstanding.😀

To further clarify,

As Major has posted above. It has been stated on the forums numerous times that a gas mask is Required when you are on Troitskoe. 

The main threat is the Biological Contaminant which, without a gas mask, Lore wise will infect you. The only exception would be if you are immune but only 1% of the entire former global population is immune.

However, Hex and Major had a discussion and a misunderstanding arose which led Hex to believe that it wasn't BadRP.

Going forward though, anyone seen on Troitskoe without a Gas Mask can be reported for BadRP. Once radiation zones are modded in by our developers we'll be adding them, and they'll be a more permanent fixture, but until then please abide by the lore and wear gas masks.

Regards,

- The Lore Master Team

A Team of Staff Members have reviewed this report.

After looking over this report. We have decided to give @Hex a Verbal Warning for this as it seems there was a misunderstanding. For the future this is considered BadRP and you will need to wear a gas mask. Moving forward as already stated by @Phatal, anyone that is found on Troitskoe Military Base without a gas mask can be reported for BadRP as it is required to be in this area as stated multiple times on the forums regarding the Lore.

This thread here talks about the Military Base and the hazards of it and what protective gear is required.

Please keep this in mind in the future when you are around this part of the map.

Signed by: @Onyx & @RandyRP