Server time: 2019-05-20, 09:30
Sign in to follow this  
DrMax

Interview With A Community Member: Phatal

GXUn3kz.png

Welcome! For this week of Interview with a Community Member we have @Phatal!

This interview is to get to know the members of our community, and hopefully bring the community together. Comment who you want to see being interviewed next week!

Thanks to Phatal for participating!

Tell Us About Yourself?

Spoiler

My name is Luke, I'm 21 and live in Texas. I go to Texas State and have an Associate's degree (Soon to be Bachelor's). Most of my time is spent on the computer, but I do play airsoft and paintball. I also fish, hunt, shoot, and read. I joined this community in 2013.

How did you find out about DayZRP, and what made you want to join?

Spoiler

In high school, my friend and I started playing DayZ in 2013. One day he came out of the blue and said 'Hey, we should try playing on this RP server.' At first, I wasn't sure what 'RP' was supposed to be but I joined just to see. Haven't regretted a day since. Funny fact though, my friend never did join.

If you could thank one person for helping you get started here who would it be?

Spoiler

Firematt. Overall, there are too many people to thank. I helped start the original Volki, was in so many groups during Mod, and made so many friends. Volki, Fallen, and others. But Firematt was definitely one of my best friends in this community. He was a great admin and one of the best RPers I know.

What could we do, as the staff team, to make this a better place? 

Spoiler

Personally, I have a lot of opinions on how things should work in game. That being said, I also know that group discussion is best done collectively. I think that if staff (including the owners) as a whole got together and talked big changes or ideas out in voice chat. That alone would be a good step in a right direction, effective small group communication is very important for task and goal completion. I also think Staff should be more willing to try things out and be prepared to fail. The leading cause of success is well-managed failure.

What is your most memorable experience(IC/OOC) here? 

Spoiler

IC: Being abducted by the Council during Mod. It was spur of the moment, exhilarating, and fun. In my opinion some of the best IC times has been Tradepost, Haven, CDC, Council, etc.

OOC: Plug.dj times. I miss sitting in TS, talking with people and listening to music in Plug.dj

Do you regret doing anything in your time here?

Spoiler

Honestly yes. In 2014 and 2015, I got salty unnecessarily at times, and I let the internet affect me a bit too much.

If you had to live in a jail cell with four people from this community who would it be?

Spoiler

@DeeBlack, @California, @Kyoto, and @Conor

What's your current favourite song/artist?

Spoiler

Oh, that's rough. This is the one I've been repeating the most this month. But I switch favourite all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRgM3T3DoqM

What has been your favourite character you have played on the server and why?

Spoiler

Hands down Lilia Tarasovna. I loved playing that character. I was inspired by Amy Strange and Moose. Joined Fallen and had some of the best RP I've ever had in the community.

What do you feel is missing from the community?

Spoiler

Tolerance. I think people aren't willing to be tolerant towards each other, towards groups, towards RP, towards staff, towards rules. If everyone would take a step back and tolerate each other more, more progress could happen and true improvements to the server could be made. People also need to accept that failure is an inevitability and a good thing. This goes for all sides too, not at any specific opinion or point of view. Also settlement rules. But that's just me.

Do you have any hidden talents?

Spoiler

Speaking. I was on Varsity speech and debate (Won district, got to 3rd in regionals), I've given a few public speeches and I'm in college for communication.

What was the origin of your username?

Spoiler

'Phatal' - Was actually a clan name from Xbox 360. We played Call of Duty SnD. We had a bunch of people (including me) in the top 100 NA leaderboard. On Xbox I was 'Phatal_Attack', the leader and my recruiter was 'Phatal_Phenom'. But since mostly no one uses just 'Phatal', I use it or some iteration of it.

Still ain't given me an interview

Wasteman. 

Ain't giving you beans either, I'll give em to @Phatal tho when he comments. 

don’t @ me

The Event Master himself, good read 👍

I wish I could get interviewed, Either way, good read! 🙂 

35 minutes ago, Samti said:

I wish I could get interviewed, Either way, good read! 🙂 

nobody cares about some random Belgian's kid opinions tbh

unless you're from Antwerp, then it's ok

I enjoyed the read. @Phatal has some very good points about staff discussions and shouldn't be afraid to try and fail, i really agree with that one i think it's a great point. Also his point about people needing to be more tolerant, thats a huge must and would make a big difference within the community if people just had more patience with each other it could really benefit this place it really could!

It's also nice to get to know the staff members with this series so keep them coming!

Edited by Saunders

Nice Interview

Nice to know some stuff about our LM

I can completely understand the thoughts on letting the internet get to you. I have made decisions within the Day Z realm that have cost me characters that are developed with a lot of time involved. The characters paid with their lives and I had to go back to the coast. I have tossed and turned due to my decision.