Server time (UTC): 2019-08-21, 19:00
Sign in to follow this  
Oy

Let us wear ruined gear again!

Let us wear ruined gear again?  

129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

This is a simple suggestion. Let us equip ruined gear again. 

Those of us who like to go for an absolutely filthy look can't take our clothing off for whatever reason without sitting there butt naked after. Not being able to remove your headwear on hot days, or switching out your shirt for a raincoat on rainy days, etc. It's also an issue during robberies where your clothing/bag is taken off. As there is no actual advantage to wearing ruined gear, I see no reason why this couldn't be changed.

But most of all, it makes IC sense. I love seeing people who actually look like they're in an apoalypse, instead of looking like they've come straight from the laundromat.

Spoiler

jLEUDqf.png

lu28HMY.png

iYddxBj.png

@Aeryes

Edited by Bobandy

+1 from me. Love the look of ruined clothing, and like you said.. Makes IC sense.

Yeah i'm down for this to be a thing. you'd wear ruined clothing irl. especially during times like these and it makes perfect sense ic so its a big fat +1 from me

Ye why not

Ruined gear can look cool

I see no reason why not 

+1

Rp wise, a lot of people like to wear ruined gear, so yeah sounds good.  It's also kind of shitty when a zombino wrecks your backpack, you remove it to fix it and cant put it back because it has been le'fucked.

So double yes.

Would add a nice bit of variation and grittiness to the way people dress!   I am all for it!    +1

The Raiders approve of this +1 

Hobo code.

I had a blast running these types of characters. If you don't want to wear ruined cloths just take them off.

Don't limit my roleplay!

+1 I mean, RP-wise it makes perfect sense. True, ruined clothes don't give you any protection (cause they're ruined) but that should be on player that is willing to wear them.

100% needs to be reimplemented. I mean, RP reasons make total sense, but even also for those of us who melee zombies instead of shooting.

Hell yeah, it's the apocalypse. I'd love to be able to wear just ruined clothing, only reason I don't is because I can't put it back on. I think you totally should be able to!

We should all look like raiders at this point.

I'm all for this. Let's go back to looking like a complete mess!

I clicked no originally; now that I have read and understood. I'd like to change that to a +1 please.

Here's a suggestion, don't take your clothes off, that way when you wear them and get hit by zombies, players etc. they stay damaged if you don't repair them and you will only lose them if you take them off.

If you need to take it off for a robbery or something, find a new shirt, shoot it till it's badly damaged or get hit by zombies etc, then boom ruined clothes again.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DaRsnn said:

Here's a suggestion, don't take your clothes off, that way when you wear them and get hit by zombies, players etc. they stay damaged if you don't repair them and you will only lose them if you take them off.

If you need to take it off for a robbery or something, find a new shirt, shoot it till it's badly damaged or get hit by zombies etc, then boom ruined clothes again.

What do you think I've been doing? I don't think you quite understand the point I am making. It is an unnecessary hassle.

Edited by Bobandy

Excellent suggestion, @Bobandy I loved how you always had filthy t-shirts, jeans etc during our RP together, it added so much to the roleplay and your character.  

19 minutes ago, Bobandy said:

What do you think I've been doing? I don't think you quite understand the point I am making. It is an unnecessary hassle.

I understand your point sure, however it just doesn't really seem like a necessity to me, I'm speaking for myself here but I very rarely change in and out of clothes unless I'm a fresh spawn looting, most people I run into aren't going through their wardrobes and changing attire like it's Ru Paul's Drag Race. If you want a piece of ruined clothing, don't take it off, if you want to change into raincoats etc. then make them badly damaged, ruined only adds blood particle textures from my knowledge, yes it's cool but is it necessary?

56 minutes ago, DaRsnn said:

I understand your point sure, however it just doesn't really seem like a necessity to me, I'm speaking for myself here but I very rarely change in and out of clothes unless I'm a fresh spawn looting, most people I run into aren't going through their wardrobes and changing attire like it's Ru Paul's Drag Race. If you want a piece of ruined clothing, don't take it off, if you want to change into raincoats etc. then make them badly damaged, ruined only adds blood particle textures from my knowledge, yes it's cool but is it necessary?

I mean it's one tiny detail to change... doesn't seem like a lot of work for a quality of life change that 61/64 people currently want. 

58 minutes ago, DaRsnn said:

Micromanaging the condition of an item is hard enough as it is when only 1/2 zombie slaps can break something. Getting an item down to badly damaged and keeping it there is rough.

Also, this is probably an incredibly easy change to implement. My suspicion is it is as easy as changing a zero to a one, or a one to a zero in a table. Aeryes above already chimed in and said they can and will make it happen.

3 hours ago, DaRsnn said:

I don't know if you're just playing devil's advocate, or you just like making weird arguments, but what you've said is... Pretty much a given already? 

Besides, right now 63 people to 3 think that it's something worthwhile. 

Not that I'm into developing or anything, but I can't see how that should be too hard to accomplish?

1 minute ago, MRS Bradtica said:

I don't know if you're just playing devil's advocate, or you just like making weird arguments, but what you've said is... Pretty much a given already? 

Besides, right now 63 people to 3 think that it's something worthwhile. 

Not that I'm into developing or anything, but I can't see how that should be too hard to accomplish?

Was just giving my opinion on the subject, I personally don't see a need for it.

Posted (edited)

+1 I like this idea.

Question though. What are the consequences to wearing ruined clothing? Does it provide less insulation? If there are no consequences, then I feel that there should be some. Otherwise there is no  benefit from swapping out some ruined cargos for new ones.

Edited by Sunshine

5 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

+1 I like this idea.

Question though. What are the consequences to wearing ruined clothing? Does it provide less insulation? If there are no consequences, then I feel that there should be some. Otherwise there is no  benefit from swapping out some ruined cargos for new ones.

Gear mitigates damage taken until its ruined, IIRC, then its considered the same as if you are naked. So by having ruined gear you take hits harder, and everything that hits you will have a chance to ruin any item in your equipment.

As someone who only wears ruined clothes, I approve of this idea. +1