Server time (UTC): 2019-08-24, 14:27
Sign in to follow this  
Brayces

BadRP and You (Your Thoughts)

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone!

Now I know that this is a weird topic, but I wanted to know how some people felt regarding this topic in general. When it comes to BadRP I am finding a lot more often people are NOT reporting it because they do not wish to get slapped with a False Report. 

(BTW I am not talking about TrollRP though they do go hand in hand, I'm speaking more on the less obvious side of BadRP when the RP is just ... well, bad!)

Which brings me into this two fold;

- When is BadRP a rule break for you? At what point is it no longer excusable, and you decide it needs to be reported? 
And, if you think it's a Rule Break are you scared to report it under the threat of getting hit with a False Report? (because tbh I can't understand what current Staff considers BadRP or not anymore, which isn't good IMO but that's not the point of this thread.)

- What constitutes BadRP for you? Specifically, what do you consider "BadRP"?

Spoiler

For example do you think the following is BadRP; 

Someone screaming sexual phrases, asking to do sexual things X, Y, Z constantly and yelling random BS like "PRAISE JEBUS", racial slurs too frequently, trying to get in fights/big dicking or just being overall borderline memery, is that BadRP to you?  What if it's spread out over 20, 30, 45 mins, an hour etc? Does the location matter at all? IE; they were in a RP Hub so of course the RP is going to be bad. Time of day? IE; dead server hours so not a lot of players on. Experience level of those involved? IE; if they're a whitename do they get a pass? How realistic AND maturely do we expect players to RP when IG? What about amount of others present? 

What are your thoughts?

Lastly; how do you think is the BEST way to handle telling someone their RP was bad and how to best advise them on how to improve it?

(Sorry if this has been asked before, but I am hearing a lot more personally from people about situations in which they felt the RP was bad but did not wish to report it.)

Edited by Brayces

When is BadRP a rule break for you? At what point is it no longer excusable, and you decide it needs to be reported? 
When it ruins my ability to play and enjoy the game. I can handle a few 'memers' running around being obvious idiots, but usually the worst offenders are long-term community members that know how to toe the line and not go over it, and know they won't catch a guilty verdict because its 'the character'. These people, to me, are just bored of the 'usual' so they just play their own version of the game for the memes. When its an obvious white-name that just doesn't know any better, I don't report I try to connect with them OOCly so that I can talk to them and see if they are even open to improving being coached about it.'

- What constitutes BadRP for you? Specifically, what do you consider "BadRP"?

Meme roleplay. Roleplay that has no depth, doesn't seem to promote any story line, and is just there because you have to roleplay in order to be on the server. I have straight up felt like people considered it an /inconvenience/ when my characters roleplaying got in the way of their PVP antics. 

To me that is the worst of it. The players that can do great roleplay, that know how to do great roleplay, but almost seem to consciously choose a 'fuck it' attitude because they are disillusioned with the server, the community, staff verdicts, past actions with other players, knowing that the people they are killing won't stay dead so they just stop caring, take your pick. I can EASILY excuse the people that talk OOC in VOIP because they don't know any better, or new players making dumb mistakes or playing trope characters, because in almost all situations I've encountered they are very willing to learn, be coached, and get better. 

Random callout to @GaryCash for this, because his group is almost like the white-name training program with how many people he vacuums in. There have been some mistakes and problems from his crowd, but I don't think anyone could say they haven't improved the quality of members from what it was before hand.

- When is BadRP a rule break for you? At what point is it no longer excusable, and you decide it needs to be reported? 

Personally i've never been annoyed when i've been given badRP as i mostly just laugh it off. The only point where i would consider it excusable and decide that it needs to be reported would be if they keep talking OOC i voip or maybe if they are saying racial slurs over and over to be edgy. 

Iike i said earlier talking OOC is what i would consider badRP. If i meet someone that is asking to "do sexual things" i would just assume IC that it's a crazy person and treat him as such. If people wanna say crazy shit i won't stop them. I also think location matters a lot since it's what the setting is that would have an effect on people. In a hub with lots of people and maybe someone you don't like obviously you'd be more hostile etc. 

Lastly; how do you think is the BEST way to handle telling someone their RP was bad and how to best advise them on how to improve it?

I don't think there is a good way. That's why i don't tell people if their RP is bad since they will probably take it as me flaming them and get defensive. 

Generally I don't report RP that I deem to be bad because there's no demonstrable test for it, unless its evidently trollish or commonly accepted as taboo (e.g. 5 second robbery). Things like someone clearly trying to provoke conflict but not being willing to drop the initiation, so they just sit around and stir shit until you do something for no other purpose than to fight you. I like a good fight every once in a while, with a purpose, but if that's all you're looking for from me, I will see it and I will think less of you. Simply put, I don't expect very minimal standards to be upheld in a report.

RP without a purpose. I like funny RP, I like hostile RP, I like medical RP, I dislike internal RP immensely and generally prefer external, but if there's a purpose to any kind of RP, no matter who its with, and there's obvious effort to create a fun moment or a lasting storyline, I will engage with you. 

- Lastly; how do you think is the BEST way to handle telling someone their RP was bad and how to best advise them on how to improve it?

Depends on the person. There are people who you quickly learn are a waste of time to talk to, as they may be set in their ways or just disagree immensely with how I personally do things, but if you can find common ground in what you like about RP, make the other person laugh, open them up a little bit, usually they're open to feedback if its put to them in a direct and polite manner. I'd prefer somebody to come away from our discussion smiling and happy with the outcome, but with the knowledge in the back of their mind that they could improve on X or that I've taken their feedback on board and will improve.

- Does location matter?

For upholding the quality of your own RP? Nah. You're responsible for who you associate with and how you act. If you're not actively leaving a situation in which there's clearly bad RP, like immature sexual RP for example, you're contributing to its continuance by giving it an audience. If one person stands around gawking, it turns to two, then four and so on. Collective punishment is the only way I can think of to combat the challenge of picking out exactly who did what in which scenario.

- Does experience level matter?

Yes, to a degree. I've received horrible RP from long-standing community members and excellent RP from people who have been around the community for less than a few months. Honestly I'd say its all in how much attention the RPer is paying to what kind of server they're on. This is why we need to make the whitelist more difficult to accomplish, as a difficult test forces those who may breeze through the current whitelist to divert their attention from the "no KoS" policy the rules contain, to actually learning about what that rule is trying to facilitate.

Hello guys. Glad to be here. My name is AndreyQ and I've been suffering from BadRP for 5 years now.

When the RP is not enjoyable and no one is trying to make it so.

It's rather hard to pinpoint something specific as there are so many possibilities but people acting like they are playing on pubs or just not saying a word when they have me hostage will probably make me reach out to them. If they don't wanna talk then report shall be.

29 minutes ago, Brayces said:

Someone screaming sexual phrases, asking to do sexual things X, Y, Z constantly and yelling random BS like "PRAISE JEBUS", racial slurs too frequently

Yeah, I've bumped into this on a deathmatch server. I wouldn't consider it roleplay.

31 minutes ago, Brayces said:

trying to get in fights/big dicking or just being overall borderline memery

Depends on how it is done tbh. If people start throwing insults for no reason but to cause shit, then it may be a bit over the top, but if people are measuring their dicks because of some conflict or because someone did something to piss them off then I don't have an issue with it, as long as it is done in good taste of course. If all there is to it is "Suck dick, bitch", "No, you suck dick, you bigger bitch" then it just looks like an online game chat room.

Just tell them their RP was not enjoyable because of point 1, 2, 3 etc. and tell them they need to improve on these issues.

36 minutes ago, Brayces said:

When it comes to BadRP I am finding a lot more often people are NOT reporting it because they do not wish to get slapped with a False Report.

Usually, I'd say there is nothing to fear. Make a report if you think a rule was broken. I am not so sure if this phrase is quite representative of the recent verdicts though. So, make a report and pray a rule was broken. 🙏

BadRP is when pagan yout Abdul comes up to me and smacks my wings out of my hand then when I try run him off he runs into the mosk.

Had to ring @Solo and get him to go in there in disguise smh. 

True story. 

Spoiler

Also I think BadRP is when RP is just dead. Like full on dead, like corner shop chicken and chips dead. When it's just meme's and dreams. You can tell when someone's breaking the BadRP rule and when it's just their RP level is just... Well they're new. We all were one time. Real easy to tell the difference. Also when people blame their fucking mongy RP on a mental health issue, that's an issue as well. 

Like @Bot Elmo and @NozzyRP said above, I really don't care if someone is giving out bad RP unless it is extremely disruptive, such as screaming into the microphone, being extremely racist, or something along those lines. I can tell when new guys didn't read the rules, and who is geniunely trying, or just being a meme cause its an RP server.

Like I stated above, just overly inflammatory statements in general. Within reason however, I enjoy seeing the racism between Chernarussians and Russians, which would make a lot of sense. Racism against black people however is a bit odd, as they aren't  really a big enough minority to care about. Gotta read in between the lines constantly, not everything is black and white.

- Lastly; how do you think is the BEST way to handle telling someone their RP was bad and how to best advise them on how to improve it?

RP with the BadRPer for a bit, and get their information. Shoot them a private DM talking about your experience, and see if they are willing to listen. If not, well then its out of your control. You can't force people to do things they don't want to do. Be sure that if they ARE responsive, you aren't  a total jerkwad about it either. Saying their RP is shit and they should go back to GTA RP won't help. Give constructive and positive feedback. Give them a few pointers to edit their character on, tell them how parts of their RP was a bit off and probably will get them in trouble one day. Offer to help em out, maybe? Invite them to join up with your group, or just do a duo RP experience. Give him a sense of what RP is actually like instead of just dragging something they might have spent a long time working on, through the metaphorical mud.

- Does location matter?

Bad RP is Bad RP no matter where you are, judging how bad something is just on WHERE it is doesn't help much. It just tells us how many people interacted with the BadRP, and even thats a stretch.

- Does experience level matter?

Of course. I've personally  been RPing since I was like what, 12? I wouldn't compare myself to someone who just started 2 weeks ago. Of course they don't know how everything works, all the terminology. They simply skim through it and ignore it as to them, it probably won't matter. Its like if a DarkRPer tried to play DayZRP. It won't work. Not to excuse the people who don't read the rules, but still. Why compare the new people to the best people? They are bound to always look bad.

Posted (edited)

I report BadRP whenever I see it, but then again I am also often called elitist.
I personally think the level of roleplay provided by some people of the community isn't up to standard and is borderline trollish, they're blanket characters who spout racial slurs, have varying degrees of lorebreaking themes about them and generally behave like children, and so if I see that kind of behavior portrayed I will report it just like I would any other rulebreak.
Exceptions made when it is a newer player to the community of course, new players take time to adjust and get an idea how to really get things going, and so for me they get a free pass, or a few. But someone who has been here for years? They should know better.

As stated above, blanket characters with minimal story who seem to be an excuse to fuck around on an RP server.
The level of RP provided with these kinds of characters is akin to what I consider BadRP.
It's disruptive, immersion breaking, lorebreaking and leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.

In reality however Brayces, I don't think it matters much, unless Rolle himself decides something is a certain way there likely isnt gonna be a change, not because the staff are not willing to make change, but its more so that every time I have approached a staff member and questioned how something is handled I am always met with. "Thats how the big man wants it."

Edited by Ducky

Posted (edited)

It used to be shit that made no sense but tbh nothing really does anymore ppl can ERP in text logs rape RP and shit along with running around as female models.
And, if you think it's a Rule Break are you scared to report it under the threat of getting hit with a False Report? No

If they do something completely stupid or over the top just for the sake of being stupid or over the top.

For example, do you think the following is BadRP; 

Yes but tbh who cares at this stage I've lost most care in the world over time as pretty much this becomes the norm

how do you think is the BEST way to handle telling someone their RP was bad and how to best advise them on how to improve it?
Report them or talk to them in discord/ts

Edited by Eagle

I think BadRP shouldn't even be present on the server, if you get bored to the point where you start to meme around and perform borderline troll behavior you should take a break from the game. I believe we need to be more strict on BadRP, because this isn't VRChat.

Here are things I believe can amount to BadRP

1. Using female character models, and blaming the game even though there's a simple work around.
  2. Quoting memes, and overall meme behavior. example: crawling around, spinning, aiming at people for the meme, typical VRChat behavior.
  3. Treating the server like a PVE looting server, getting upset and letting that take an effect on your Roleplay when someone decides to rob you for what you have.
  4. Executing people for simple things(talking back, attempts at creating roleplay) just for the sole reason because you don't want to spend the time roleplaying to get the gear you wanted.

I think I could say more, but that's all I can think of now.

I see a lot of badRP these days. A lot. And as you said in your post I don't want to get hit with false report because who the fuck knows what can get you that these days, so I don't report it half the time. 

I have a pretty relaxed bar for BadRP i'd like to think. Joe Niggley and the Somalian pirates? Not badRP in my eyes but it was in many many others. I just thought it was funny. I am always a big advocate for funny characters and funny RP. But there's a fine line between funny RP and meme RP. A lot of RP I've seen this past month or so falls into the latter category.  

"When is BadRP a rule break for you? At what point is it no longer excusable, and you decide it needs to be reported?"

Honestly to answer your first question, I used to have the same bar as most. When it impedes on my or others RP and immersion and ability to do what I want to do in game, or where it's blatantly done to annoy and fuck with others with malicious intent, then i'd report it. Now? I don't think there's really any case i'd report it and that's just because I do not understand most verdicts that go around these days and I don't think I ever will, so I've given up on reporting anything. I just value not being hit with some verdict that makes no sense to myself than reporting someone else these days. I don't think short of blatant RDM or someone screaming OOC in game will I report someone for BadRP anymore. And that's kinda sad in some ways. I just don't have any real faith in reports being handled the way they used to anymore. 

"What constitutes BadRP for you? Specifically, what do you consider "BadRP"?

Pretty much what I said above. Someone screaming OOC excessively in game, the usual yaknow? Someone memeing in game too hard, someone talking about modern day shit in game, someone doing something cringey and just no attempt at trying to RP really. 

First things first you should never be afraid to make a report.

If there is a chance that the staff do see no issue they should be posting an opinion and allowing you time to contradict that opinion and keep a report open based on your view or shut the report down because you agree with what staff put in their opinion post.

As for BadRP its simply not doing what your character would. So joking around, using current day memes, rolling around on ground when initiating, showing no pain in a torture situation (no excuses as text can be used to emote a scream), running away and avoiding RP etc. The difference then comes to if it is trolling or just someone being bad at RP.

The issue i see alot is the server just not being serious anymore. The amount of times ive heard a dick joke or just general running around with another player and punching eachother is ridiculous. I wont complain as its my fault for not reporting but RP like this needs to stop and for members of this community to actually put themselves into the shoes of their character. Make groups, form alliances, try to take over the country.. i dont know but dont just log on to run about, grab gear and generally meme.

48 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

First things first you should never be afraid to make a report.

-snip-

I wish that were true. But lets face it these days I am scared to put up a report for BadRP because i'll likely be considered putting up a false report just bc i'm "upset" or "salty". 

4 hours ago, Brayces said:

When is BadRP a rule break for you? At what point is it no longer excusable, and you decide it needs to be reported? 

Once it resembles VR Chat. People running around in circles, screaming random shit into megaphones and just inexcusable dumb behavior that disrupts any attempt at roleplay.

What constitutes BadRP for you? Specifically, what do you consider "BadRP"?

Personally, I feel BadRP constitutes a lot of things, from not RPing at all to making ridiculous characters that make no sense or are lore breaking. Like when someone says the Chernarus is an Island. It's the little things that make me angry.

That being said I probably wouldn't report any of these as examples for BadRP. 

I feel that most gripes I have with these kinds of actions can be solved ICly, I'd correct them if it's a simple mistake, maybe yell at them or even hold them up depending on what they did, much more interesting than alt-tabbing and going to the report thread.

how do you think is the BEST way to handle telling someone their RP was bad and how to best advise them on how to improve it?

I'll occasionally make comments on peoples character threads when they have obvious errors or lore breaking things written in them, and to be honest the best policy is just to tell them plainly what you disliked and why, get it out of the way, and always offer a possible solution if you're going to point out a problem, otherwise it cheapens the criticism.

I only actually care if it makes it not fun. If it's silly or over the top but it's making me laugh, I couldn't care less because I'm here for enjoyment first.

Posted (edited)

So I don't know if I have room to speak here or not, really depends on your interpretation of BadRP.

I know my character Kane is "Dumb" and the things he does are annoying, but I also try my hardest to stay in character, keep what he does relevant to the server and peoples stories and use him in to create/build RP for myself and others.  I'm sure some here can vouch for the troubles Kane has caused due to his inability to keep a secret.  I also try not to inject myself or stick around very long when people are having serious RP as to not disrupt it.

With that being said, I have noticed a lot of what I would consider BadRP.  People just blindly following others for no reason, using language or actions that aren't conducive to creating an entertaining environment, forcing conflict where it doesn't make sense, acting like children, OOC talking, etc etc etc.  Even as Kane, a character that I think can adapt to any situation, I in many cases have an extremely difficult time RP'ing with some of these people, and many times find ways to cut the conversation short and run off.

I personally do not report BadRP and will not unless it restricts my ability to enjoy my RP against my will.  I just find a way to quickly exit the situation, or I IC make them feel so unwelcome that they will do it themselves.  I have a hard time reporting anyone because maybe my definition and theirs are different.  I tend to think that it's very possible that there are people RP'ing with them and enjoy their RP, otherwise they would get bored and leave the server, therefore it is simply my opinion that they have BadRP and is not something they should be reported for.

I will also admit that I believe my character, though not my intention nor the way I RP, has contributed to people thinking that BadRP is acceptable.  Because of this I have benched that character for the time being and created a much more serious one.

Edited by LagIsMyExcuse

I honestly think we should be reporting more people for bad RP. and instead of just slapping them with a ban which they;re never going to learn from we should be giving them the option to take a ban or to use the mentor programme which can help improve their RP as well as make sure that the rules are understood by said person. i've legit had to teach people how the permadeath rule works, some dude killed someone yday and then today was trying to say that he executed a guy yday so that guy should have permakilled his character since he died via execution and not via zombie etc so he clearly had no idea how the rule even works.

And before i get comments saying the mentor programme is no longer open. i'm currently in contact with buddy trying to get ownership transfered and i've had words with some mods etc who would love to help out and be apart of the programme. i'm really all for making the server a more enjoyable place to be rp wise and if i can get this up and running and get voluteers to help me out we can do that as a team. there's no point keep complaining about the state of rp within the community and not doing nothing about it so let's make a positive change together!

if anyone wants to help out with my quest to make this place more enjoyable and reach the heights that it once was then feel free to message me on discord Brett#1337 (capital B) and let's make this place GREAT AGAIN!

1 hour ago, Para said:

I wish that were true. But lets face it these days I am scared to put up a report for BadRP because i'll likely be considered putting up a false report just bc i'm "upset" or "salty". 

Upset and salty is if you just lost gear and hate who took it. If you have legitimate proof of badrp you should make the report. Its the only way to clear up the servers after the mass whitelist influx in which some are only here to troll and gear rp. 

2 minutes ago, Saunders said:

I honestly think we should be reporting more people for bad RP. and instead of just slapping them with a ban which they;re never going to learn from we should be giving them the option to take a ban or to use the mentor programme which can help improve their RP as well as make sure that the rules are understood by said person. i've legit had to teach people how the permadeath rule works, some dude killed someone yday and then today was trying to say that he executed a guy yday so that guy should have permakilled his character since he died via execution and not via zombie etc so he clearly had no idea how the rule even works.

That just comes down to a terrible whitelist that we now have. The server used to be so much better when members had to write what the rules meant to them in paragraphs rather than multiple choice. 

3 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Upset and salty is if you just lost gear and hate who took it. If you have legitimate proof of badrp you should make the report. Its the only way to clear up the servers after the mass whitelist influx in which some are only here to troll and gear rp. 

That just comes down to a terrible whitelist that we now have. The server used to be so much better when members had to write what the rules meant to them in paragraphs rather than multiple choice. 

i couldn't agree more mate. we desperately need the old whitelist system back. yes it will limit the amount of people on the servers but atleast the servers will be full of a bunch of people who know the rules and worked hard to get here and will in turn be better rpers than the ones we have seen as of late

17 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

-snip-

I am not saying i disagree with you, I'm saying the staff team right now is making some questionable verdicts that involve calling somebody "salty" or "upset" when they have legitimate points. That in itself makes people not want to report for BadRP out of fear of getting slammed themselves. 

- If the person is not under the influence of any drugs, substances or is otherwise crazy and begins acting randomly with their character model, in words or actions that are clearly not meant to drive any story or event forward. But just to have a giggle in the presence of other people with how memey or crazy you can get.

If it's continuous, with a clear intent on hamming it through that this is how they will behave for the coming hour or more.

- If it's disruptive in a way that halts any serious RP around and becomes borderline harassment. By forcing the serious mood around you to dissipate because you want to be a smart ass.

(NOW there is an exception, you shouldn't hit every little lapse of judgement or random twitch your character model does. There is a lot of things you can laugh off and people get bored, wanting to have fun.  But I feel like the "Continuous" part should be the decisive factor.)

- Tell people to  // "stop acting randomly, this is a serious moment."   And if they don't comply to that, then you can write up a report.  I think there should be common sense laced into this whole thing and a will to forgive as long as people comply and flow back into treating a serious RP moment seriously once more.

- Acting in a meme-filled manner, with an intent of disrupting the serious flow of a moment.

- Acting in a non-realistic manner considering the circumstances. With your voice, with your actions taken, with your character model (I remember someone laying on the ground on their back to initiate on three people, that I would consider bad RP.) 

- Same rule applies here, give them a sensible heads up that they are acting out of character / weirdly considering the situation. Then if it continues, toss a report. I think getting banned for false reporting is a bit more than weird as a concept, and only really drives a idea in peoples heads that they should fear reporting and it might cause people to shy away from reporting actual offenses done. 

I know there's an idea of slamming people who try to get others banned on purpose, but I think the price to pay for that is a bit too steep if it's halting people even a little bit to report. But that's a point for another discussion!

How do you think is the BEST way to handle telling someone their RP was bad and how to best advise them on how to improve it?

- Best would be probably to track them down and Dm them how you think their RP could improve, but doing it in a non-lecturing manner referring to rules and the way the server has worked so far. Because you know how touchy people can get when you call them out for anything.

- Mention it OOC'ly with a // "It's a serious moment, can you please take it seriously? Thank you"  Or something similar. 

- The best way to learn RP is to RP, find places with a lot of people, learn by watching, learn by immersing yourself into the situation. Watch clips on youtube, heck even watching media like (Insert any post-apocalypse series or movie here).   

Act like one of the characters you like from any media, emulate them onto DayZ Rp, think how they would act in a situation. THEN after you've done that for a while, make your own character and think on how -they- would act in a situation, how they talk, how they walk, down to how they smoke their damn cigarette!  Depending on how deep you want to go! 

Peace and love~

I think the best thing too do is use OOC communication to remind them that they should be a bit more serious. If their behaviour persists and you believe that it is BadRP you should put up a report.

Honestly I love memes, any of my friends would know that. But I think any reference of a meme should not be allowed, this is an apocalypse scenario and we shouldn't be yelling "what are those!" towards the shoes of a random person we meet. It's been 2 years since the infection and the internet should be the last thing on our mind.

When I'm taken hostage by people and 30 minutes in the only line of text RP I see is //do I find a radio then that makes me disappointed. There's so much you can do with text that you can't do with just your voice/animations and people forget that which leads to the typical same ole RP. 

3 minutes ago, JimRP said:

When I'm taken hostage by people and 30 minutes in the only line of text RP I see is //do I find a radio then that makes me disappointed. There's so much you can do with text that you can't do with just your voice/animations and people forget that which leads to the typical same ole RP. 

I agree that text RP can bring about a lot of interesting concepts and actions that are physically impossible to act out using DayZ as a game, quite a lot of the time the usual * (text) * phrases are involved in either searching for weapons or performing torture RP like cutting off a finger. Other than that * (text) * RP is never used at least in my experience during hostile situations, certain people like @CocoMii frequently use it to emote having certain features which is great in creating RP that would otherwise not arise, it comes down to who it is, I have been taken by groups of people who, because there are so many, disregard providing an enjoyable situation and focus on mainly talking to each other, there is sometimes a lack of focus on the RP priority in some situations as being left with minimal RP after a situation that has great potential to inspire different paths etc. The only awkward thing with Text RP is waiting for the person to complete what they are typing, and this usually leaves gaps of silence which can sometimes make the interaction feel quite disjointed.

41 minutes ago, JimRP said:

Last time I tried to text RP reacting to their torture RP, I legit had them type 

// Can you stop that please? We're on a timescale here. 

Did I report? Kek no because they get a slap on the wrist and then get right back to it a day later... best case a 3 day ban later. 

Long and skinny is the community as a whole dunne want to up the ante RP wise. And hell I guese we gotta deal with that? Suddenly try and force an entire community to "be better roleplayers" suddenly turns it into Tyranny simulator 3000 for the staff team. 

And noone wants that 😕