Server time: 2019-05-24, 06:00
Sign in to follow this  
Axel Volaris

Player run settlement of "Unnamed"

Just trying to get a little feedback to see how people would feel about a small open concept player ran settlement, this would be a community likely set up in a field near a road away from in-game structures (this would free them up of Infected spawns). The premise would be that anyone is welcome in the community, which would be walled off with unlocked gates. Players can bring their own tents which they can set up anywhere and keep for their own personal items, larger tents for families etc. and the general rule would be simply; be kind to thy neighbor. this wouldn't be an official group of any sort. the people next to you would mean as much to you as your neighbor in real life does. your not obligated to do anything for each other except respect each others space.

I personally think this could be a great way to bring a lot of the people in our DayZ server together. and have many random rp encounters, it would give people the opportunity to give players an IC way to make friends, form alliances, or even form rivalries.

I'm not going to run a pole or anything, just see how well this idea is received.

Posted (edited)

This just sounds like any normal open settlement does it not? Where people can come and meet other people etc. 

Other than that yeah sounds like a great idea, i'm afraid if you're just gonna rely on people's goodwill then it might not last for long. People are bound to cause hostility when they meet other people that they've tried to kill multiple times and unless you have rules or the guards to back it up people won't care that much. 

Also the word "Svoboda" is copyrighted by @role player 😉

Edited by NozzyRP

That's an interesting title.

I've run settlements and been around settlements and yeah it's a good thing that people come together and build whatever they are trying to achieve but the main focus is, that the people in the settlement have to defend it. People will attack it and People will raid it for survival. Things must be in order for this or the settlement won't continue as the people in the camp will leave in fear of been attacked. You can either defend it yourself or hire people who will. 

Oh, I didnt realize that, well the name is flexible, but yeah i know what your saying, and i am relying on peoples good will, there are a few justice upholding groups on the server. maybe we could petition them to help out in the law side of things, or maybe form a small group in charge of enforcing the rules. more than anything I wanna try and give people an alternative to the cut and dry (go looting, be paranoid of running into someone in the fear of them being an 8 man squad whom has nothing against you. but just wants to hold you up and threaten your life.) this way people can meet in a generally safe space form their own groups outside of knowing each other OOC and then go out looting in numbers and without as much fear. 

@Falk good point. depending on how many people would support this idea, maybe it would be a good idea to form a group.

Settlements are a good idea but hard to make work.

People are playing diffrent characters that have beef and are at war. To run a settlement you gotta talk to most groups and work something out 

Its a good idea and I hope this works out good for you 

5 minutes ago, Axel Volaris said:

Oh, I didnt realize that, well the name is flexible, but yeah i know what your saying, and i am relying on peoples good will, there are a few justice upholding groups on the server. maybe we could petition them to help out in the law side of things, or maybe form a small group in charge of enforcing the rules. more than anything I wanna try and give people an alternative to the cut and dry (go looting, be paranoid of running into someone in the fear of them being an 8 man squad whom has nothing against you. but just wants to hold you up and threaten your life.) this way people can meet in a generally safe space form their own groups outside of knowing each other OOC and then go out looting in numbers and without as much fear. 

@Falk good point. depending on how many people would support this idea, maybe it would be a good idea to form a group.

Yeah i see where you are coming from, you will need some form of protection otherwise it won't last

Also the Svoboda being copyrighted was just an internal joke that friends of @role player would understand, i didn't mean to make you change the name of the thread, my apologies. 

1 minute ago, NozzyRP said:

Also the Svoboda being copyrighted was just an internal joke that friends of @role player would understand, i didn't mean to make you change the name of the thread, my apologies. 

haha, I get it now xD but yeah, Id have to contact some external group, at the same time tho people looking to raid it would just be welcomed in like anyone else. take what they need, Id have a general tent with food ammo water, and spare supplies. hopefully as a deterrent to being raided

The nameless thing is great, love a group that doesn't go by any particular name. Makes total sense IC. 

Umm.... I'd just... avoid calling it "The Unnamed"...

e209255daa.jpg <------ "The Unnamed"

1 hour ago, MRS Bradtica said:

Umm.... I'd just... avoid calling it "The Unnamed"...

Oh I just havent come up with a new name for it. thats why it says unnamed.

Posted (edited)

wouldn't mine seeing something like this but honestly don't think it would work. there is no way in hell that people who go there to set up tents wouldn't steal from each other when they aren't online and outsiders also stealing. here at the fifty two we leave our gates open for people to pop in and grab a little food, water and ammunition providing they don't go OTT with it. low and behold we had our camp grieved twice and now we have had to resort to locking everything up at night and making sure it's air tight so that people can't get in it's ridiculous. 

also bare in mind that alot of people in the camp may cause beef with each other which would be some great RP but could turn the camp into ruins 😉 would love to see it happen and see if it works. best of luck if you go ahead with it

Edited by Saunders

Posted (edited)

its kind of frustrating eh @Saunders I understand the roleplay side of things like yes make a group of 14 roll up on a small settlement yes rob us and what not, but its like.. when you go offline to log in and see everything gone, it feels like a potentially great RP session gone. not to mention the same old dissatisfaction you'd get from setting up a base on Pub servers. 

Its funny to (unrelated) my current base just got raided for the first time in a few days, and low n behold it was durring the hour Game of Thrones was airing HAHA.. **sigh**

Edited by Axel Volaris

1 minute ago, Axel Volaris said:

its kind of frustrating eh @Saunders I understand the roleplay side of things like yes make a group of 14 roll up on a small settlement yes rob us and what not, but its like.. when you go offline to log in and see everything gone, it feels like a potentially great RP session gone. not to mention the same old dissatisfaction you'd get from setting up a base on Pub servers. 

it's not being stole from that annoys me. as long as the combo locks are broke and the fences are much easier to break down then people can steal and thats gonna happen in an apocalypse. that's not my point. my point is when people grab 3 tents of your shit and drop it all for it to despawn just so they can have the tents. that's what annoys me. them god damn rulebreakers who're doing it to spite us or to hoard tf out of loot when theres 2 guys. what do 2 gys need all that loot for and all those tents for?! when theres 10 of you and you have plenty of visitors coming daily (upwards of 10-15) you need to feed them, water them, have medical supplies for them aswell as extra weaponry/ammo for your group members etc.

i'm guessing that happened to you? when and where did that happen to you?

we have a group of 4 currently and just outside of Kamenka, we just got raided like 2 hours ago when we were watching Game of Thrones, I dont think they despawned anything but we had 3 tents filled with odds and ends, Nothing life shatteringly special, Im assuming they must of been a group of 3 with empty bags, cause they cleaned out one tent and took it. my guess is that they had no need for the loot but wanted the tent, so they took everything to stay within the rules. case as i said all three tents were filled. thought it may protect our tents... we were wrong.