Server time: 2019-05-24, 08:04
bunsojr

S1 Attempted Griefing in Topolniki

Server and location: Server 1 Barns in the south end of Topolniki

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): Somewhere between 2019-05-11 around 21:00  and 2019-05-12  04:59

Your in game name: Frank Wasabi

Names of allies involved: It is a base myself and Jason Rufio and Oleksiy Metzger have been building up for the past few weeks or so.

Name of suspect/s: Don't know, hoping logs will show.

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): 

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): 

I filed a report last week about griefing. An Olga and Barrels were stolen. This time, looks like evidence of powergaming. One of our fences somehow had a metal wire gate built from the outside. It seems that we made an error building a wall and somehow, through existing chainlink fence, a player can access the interior side of our fence and interact with it. So they built a swinging gate. Then proceeded to destroy two lower walls to access more of our base and ultimately where our ADA was parked. Fortunately, nothing was stolen...yet. We did hear gunshots nearby when we logged in. Perhaps the perpetrators are nearby with intentions of coming back.

On a separate account, I just watched on a Twitch stream, about an hour ago, someone break into our base yet again and steal stuff. Barry (the streamer) and Clyde somehow entered our base. One outer wall was destroyed, but not sure how they got into the inner part of our base. And I turned on the stream just in time to watch Clyde powergame by stealing a guitar from our Olga parked inside a locked barn. He took it out of the Olga from outside the walls because it showed up in the vicinity. Then he used said guitar and destroyed the lower wall to gain access to the barn and the cars where they stole some dry bags. 

So after all of these instances of our base getting broken into and our shit stolen, I'm unclear about what really constitutes griefing. If this or any of what I have described is actually griefing, then so be it. I shall stop reporting and be on my way. But if it is, I would like there to be some sort of conclusion to these reports. It just seems like many of the rules are unclear/debatable, thus all of these reports from everyone about everything.

Thank you for your time.

@bunsojr Are you sure this is when it happened?

I checked all of the logs from the time span that you gave me plus one day before and after just to cover the entire time frame. All I can find is you and your allies dismantling walls.

I'm pretty sure. But maybe you can check out this recorded twitch stream. This is the second instance I described in my 2nd post. At around 1:34, Barry and Clyde enter our compound by jumping off the truck and over the wall. Then at somepoint, which seems off camera, Clyde powergames a guitar out of the Olga parked in the barn and uses it to destroy a lower wall to gain access. They only steal a few things. Is this griefing? Just looking for clarification. Thanks.

That would not be griefing no. Griefing is the excessive destruction of a base such as tearing down multiple walls just cause you can, dumping items from tents to despawn, etc.

Breaking in to steal items is simply raiding 

A Team of Staff Members have reviewed this report.

We will honor the OPs request and close this report. We want to remind everyone what Griefing is:

4.8 Griefing is act of damaging or destroying a player base, storage container, vehicles or their contents using OOC knowledge, ill intent or doing so without IC reasoning that is proportionate to the damage done.

Breaking into the base to steal something is not Griefing. Now if they destroy multiple walls just because they can or they start to dump gear on the ground then this is considered Griefing. 

//Closed

Signed by: @Onyx & @RandyRP