Server time (UTC): 2019-08-24, 17:24
Sign in to follow this  
Fllschirmjager

Troitskoe military base Radiation/Biohazard zone?

Ive heard rumor that in lore the Troitskoe military base is considered a contamination zone. Is this a thing in lore or is this just a rumor? Just want to make sure i'm not breaking lore.

If you mean Kamensk military base then yes it is.

Wear a gas mask, and NBC outfit if you can.

A gas mask would be more than anyone else wears there though.

Also good to RP washing off in a pond or river after.

I believe I was told at one point that, until an actual radiation script is implemented you arent technically forced to put on anything when going there.

Dont quote me on that tho

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

I believe I was told at one point that, until an actual radiation script is implemented you arent technically forced to put on anything when going there.

Dont quote me on that tho

I think that's true, no one is forced into it yet.

But I think the above suggestions are more for RP sake than anything. Kind of cool rp to gather masks and equipment if you go up there 

Would be weird though to run into someone there while wearing a gas mask who isn't.  So consistency wise it might be a little rough at the moment.

35 minutes ago, MR Pussywhipped said:

I think that's true, no one is forced into it yet.

But I think the above suggestions are more for RP sake than anything. Kind of cool rp to gather masks and equipment if you go up there 

Would be weird though to run into someone there while wearing a gas mask who isn't.  So consistency wise it might be a little rough at the moment.

Correct.

People have offered to go report people who don't wear it under bad rp but there's no point in giving people more than a verbal warning and letting them know until the mechanic is in.

909460630_GasMask2gif.gif.2321151ff3456f26a729034c3cb91e4b.gif

Always love going to the place (My stomping ground basically)

Sometimes I just rock the Gas Mask and whatever I got on my back, but it's good to RP that if you Gas Mask gets damaged or you get hit that you could suffer from radiation poison. Me and my buddy did this once and it made some intense RP as we were trying to get out there before he died. It's also pretty good if you RP that you have to change filters every now and then. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Major said:

Correct.

People have offered to go report people who don't wear it under bad rp but there's no point in giving people more than a verbal warning and letting them know until the mechanic is in.

So your suggesting people report people coz they aren’t in NBC and gasmasks in this area?

You need to pin your story to the front page and make every single person who plays on dayzrp read it and know about it coz I only knew about it from you, I didn’t even know there was a thread, I’d suggest making it compulsive for all new people to read this others you’ve basically entrapped people for badrp 

Edited by neom

1 hour ago, neom said:

So your suggesting people report people coz they aren’t in NBC and gasmasks in this area?

No.  He literally said there is no point in doing that until the game mechanic is in.

The vibe from this thread is that it's strongly encouraged to rp it correctly, but won't be enforced with a rule break.

Could it be something that's just added to the rules page?

You must wear a gas mask and full NBC gear in the irradiated biohazard zone?

That way everyone sees it when they white list

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, neom said:

You need to pin your story to the front page and make every single person who plays on dayzrp read it and know about it coz I only knew about it from you, I didn’t even know there was a thread, I’d suggest making it compulsive for all new people to read this others you’ve basically entrapped people for badrp 

That's exactly the opposite of what I was suggesting if you read my post. Nobody has ever or will ever be hit with bad rp unless it's just blatant trolly shit and not giving a fuck. Giving people points for imaginary stuff they weren't informed of is gay.

I'd love to pin it places but I have zero authority or ability to do so and I'm done wasting my breath getting Rolle to do shit. I wrote that shit two years ago and where is it? In a sub forum nobody goes to and to my knowledge it's not on the whitelist or anywhere else prominent. Whitelist standards have gone to shit faster than my colon after a Taco Bell Chalupa Cravings box, so expecting it to be added as part of the curriculum is folly.

Story of my life.

Edited by Major