Server time: 2019-05-22, 23:47
Sign in to follow this  
Joe

Should people who were on final be allowed to join the staff team

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

Hey, OG name Joe here.

Answer above or if you have a different opinion post below.

Btw if you dont know, currently if you were ever on final you cannot join staff team. 

Edited by Joe

+1 from me. Just because somebody was on final at one point in time doesn't mean that they haven't learned anything or changed their outlook on the community in a positive way since then. We should definitely be careful about it but its not a bad idea at all.

I just had a staff app archived for ‘getting too many points too fast’ in regards to me getting 5 points in He last 5 months, good luck with this. 

After looking around to figure out exactly what "Final Warning" is, I think that people who have been on Final Warning, and rehabilitated, should be allowed into the staff team after some tests or something.

I think being able to apply to staff a long time after your final is over would be OK. Maybe like 6-10 months. 

After such a long time the people who would hold any grudge for getting on final would probably be non existent because of the time that has passed. 

Maybe make it so they can't reach the rank of admin? that could also suffice 

it really depends on what the points were for to lead up to the final warning and how long has passed since they were on the final. gotta be careful with choosing staff members otherwise the community could turn into a circus :x

If my app gets archived for accruing 8 points over 3 months, there's no chance this'll ever happen. 

If it were to happen I'd say case-by-case basis, insert a point threshold so if someone, even if they got off of final, reaches a certain amount of points accrued over their account's lifetime they shouldn't be allowed to apply for staff. 

Aren't there people in staff that were on final once?

Yes. I agree with @NozzyRP don't let them get admin but honestly if someone has been on final that shouldn't mark them as a convicted felon that is irredeemable and can NEVER join staff even when staff is incredibly under staffed and in some cases inexperienced. 

Funny how the staff team has these dumb standards but can't hold their own standards up.

A dev was on final and a mod who hid an underaged player had one but for some reason it got removed strange huh?

Ontop of that this has been brought up and denied before.

Posted (edited)

Right after final is removed?  No.  No they shouldn't.  Not by a long shot.

But, after a certain period of time after said person's final warning has been removed, keep it on a case-by-case basis and look over the person's activity, contribution to the community, and how many points and bans said person has received after getting off final.  I think that is fair enough.  There are cases where people change.

Edited by Cid

I agree that after a certain time period and with enough good behaviour and contibution to the community a person that was on final should be able to atleast have the option to apply to staff, then after applying just make it a case by case. +1

Posted (edited)

Well

It should be a case by case and warning history in general 

Theres people that been on final and have alot less total points that staff members have had.

35 minutes ago, AndreyQ said:

Aren't there people in staff that were on final once?

Im pretty sure aeryes have been on final

And a mod have been on final

Edited by Dusty

I do believe there have been and is people that have been in staff after being on final, honestly in my opinion it depends on the time the person was on final and what the person did.

- User was warned for this post - 

54 minutes ago, Roland said:

- User was warned for this post - 

Ok but real talk like you said before the main reason is that you can't trust them with admin tools and not to wreck the site. Why not just bar them from ever being an admin then? Or limit their tools as GM's temporarily so that they can't do whatever it is that GM's could do that could ruin something or fuck something up? 

16 minutes ago, YNW Jasper said:

Ok but real talk like you said before the main reason is that you can't trust them with admin tools and not to wreck the site. Why not just bar them from ever being an admin then? Or limit their tools as GM's temporarily so that they can't do whatever it is that GM's could do that could ruin something or fuck something up? 

+1 to this. Maybe make it so they can’t see IPs, can’t do whitelists or have access to admin tools when they get to GM. Just limit what they can do besides pulling logs, posting thread notes and working on reports.

Theres a great many people who have been on final warning that were in staff before. Some of those people have applied again but get denied. I don’t see any reason why former staff members should get denied just because of mistakes in the past. If they want to use their experience in the staff team and as a community member to help the server, then I don’t see any reason to deny them. 

Posted (edited)

No if they were on final they should not be in staff 

Unless they were on final for something that isn't too serious like excessive bad forum behaviour

Let's face it, nobody changes, they just put on a fake 'reformed' attitude in order to try and get staff or become more liked in the community by staff.

Keep it real fellas

Edited by JackZRP

While I don't really believe this thread is gonna change anything. I'll say it again;

Case by Case.

Blanket rules rarely help anyone so if someone proves themselves then Admins should consider making an exception. After all, we're badly in need of report staff.

Considering what staff actually have access to,

Nah. If you can't be trusted enough to get yourself on final, i'd rather you didn't have access to shit like my IP either. Not that I particularly agree with staff having access to my IP anyway, despite what it helps stop, but still. And yes i get it that there could be exceptions.

5 minutes ago, Veryniceperson said:

While I don't really believe this thread is gonna change anything. I'll say it again;

Case by Case.

I'd agree that'd be the best system in a community where reasonably objective decision making occurs but, as recent case-by-case policies such as amnesty have shown, criteria listed to assist in case-by-case decision making may not always be followed.

17 minutes ago, JackZRP said:

Let's face it, nobody changes, they just put on a fake 'reformed' attitude in order to try and get staff or become more liked in the community by staff.

Eh. I like to think I've matured since 2017. Since being put on final here and being banned I went through a lot and was staff in another community as well as just lots of IRL shit. I definitely don't think i'm quite the same as I was two years ago but maybe that's just me. 

Trust is the word and it's key to being in staff. If you have been naughty then that trust will take time to be repaired (dependant on what you did). So after a while I think it'd be reasonable for a previously 'finaled' member to be allowed to be in staff. That timeframe should be based on the reason for their final and their actions/attitude after their final has been removed.

Posted (edited)

Forgive and forget, a lot of us were young and immature 2 years ago. Times have changed. I think if you prove yourself you should be able to join. Why not? It’s an internet community it’s not the secret service. People make mistakes 

Edited by Diamond

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, YNW Jasper said:

Eh. I like to think I've matured since 2017. Since being put on final here and being banned I went through a lot and was staff in another community as well as just lots of IRL shit. I definitely don't think i'm quite the same as I was two years ago but maybe that's just me. 

Everyone's always the same person mate. They just have more self control.

Edited by JackZRP