Server time: 2019-05-19, 09:17
Sign in to follow this  
Saunders

Base Building Mod

Has anyone heard anything about the base building mod that's supposed to be coming out?

I know we used to be able to see what the devs were working on but i've noticed we no longer have access to be able to see that thread so if any of the devs can give us any information on when they expect this to be released or have any info at all that would be perfect! I'm just asking since the combo locks keep glitching out and we've had our base griefed today and a couple of weeks back too. i understand if people take some shit but they emptied 3 of our tents to despawn everything and took the tents and we can't check the logs as they didn't break any of the walls to get in they found a way to jump over

If I’m not mistaken, there are logs for setting up a tent and taking down a tent, as well as location logs. So finding who did it shouldn’t be too much of a headache.

But if they took the tents to use them, then I believe it’s legitimate. In order to take down a tent, you have to empty it. So if they took the tents to actually use them, instead of just dumping stuff to be assholes, it’s probably fine.

As far as the mod stuff, I wish we had more information on what they were doing as well, but with Rolle being on break and a lot of people finishing up classes, I’m sure things are just a little slow right now. Hopefully we’ll be able to see all the cool new stuff coming out soon.

Posted (edited)

@YNW Dusty I was under the impression that people could take tents but they would have to take the stuff out of it and take it with them too. imo it's a bit of a scummy move to take every single tent and leaving everything to despawn. if they had left 1 tent and put everything into that 1 instead then fair enough but to knowingly despawn it all is scummy. it's not even losing the loot that's annoying, it's the fact that our groups second chapter is to have a fully built up base with survival supplies such as food, ammunition, basic weaponary and we had all of that and had it completed or therer abouts so if people decide to grief us again were going to keep going back to the same thing. i guess it's just stupid since were a group that don't steal etc, karma will come to bite them on the ass

also thank you for replying about the mod, i'm really excited to be able to build anywhere/have safes and have working bloody combo locks! Would still like to hear a devs official comment back though 😄

Edited by Saunders

If they take all the tents they need to at least store some of it If they leave every single thing to despawn it counts as Griefing to my understanding.  

32 minutes ago, S.Bradley said:

If they take all the tents they need to at least store some of it If they leave every single thing to despawn it counts as Griefing to my understanding.  

ahh well every single thing was dropped. we also had plenty of rooms in the car tent but unfortunately they didn't put any of our stuff in there. and they couldn't have carried it all since all the tents were full. 

but anyway that's done now i'm more interested in seeing whats up with this mod 😛

Not much being done modwise right now, a lot of people are on breaks from developement due to exams, work or other reasons. You can always check out the discord sneak-peak for a small insight into what's being worked on slowly, though not all of the sneak-peak stuff actually do get put in.

The base modding we are working on is not yet even close to being implemented, the only thing that will reach you all in the next update concerning bases is a version of "build anywhere" to make it easier to place the already existing walls and stuff.

Combo locks are broken in basegame DayZ, unfortunately not something we are able to fix.

22 minutes ago, Misho said:

Not much being done modwise right now, a lot of people are on breaks from developement due to exams, work or other reasons. You can always check out the discord sneak-peak for a small insight into what's being worked on slowly, though not all of the sneak-peak stuff actually do get put in.

The base modding we are working on is not yet even close to being implemented, the only thing that will reach you all in the next update concerning bases is a version of "build anywhere" to make it easier to place the already existing walls and stuff.

Combo locks are broken in basegame DayZ, unfortunately not something we are able to fix.

Thanks for the swift reply brother! It's a shame really since all the griefing that's going on. But having safes and build anywhere will really help combat that until this bloody locks are fixed. I do however understand irl commitments and wish those of you who have exams etc the best of luck! Are you guys still looking for suggestions on the suggestion thread or has that came to a halt from the time being?

1 hour ago, Misho said:

There is a "codelock" mod that is available? Seems to work fine elsewhere. Is this not possible for here?

30 minutes ago, Deaytch said:

There is a "codelock" mod that is available? Seems to work fine elsewhere. Is this not possible for here?

The mod does not remove the issue of the basegame, when the server crashes, the persistance for the lock does not save properly, which is why it will then have a different combination or none altogether. It's a nice mod but it does not fix the issue.

The issue is related to server crashes, something we can't predict or do much about, DayZ persistance, although improved is still not flawless, as we all have experiences when we get the infamous "no response for ...."  message, once you logg back in, youre often a bit backtracked, same thing happens to the locks but they get entirely reset or fuck up otherwise.

38 minutes ago, Misho said:

The mod does not remove the issue of the basegame, when the server crashes, the persistance for the lock does not save properly, which is why it will then have a different combination or none altogether. It's a nice mod but it does not fix the issue.

The issue is related to server crashes, something we can't predict or do much about, DayZ persistance, although improved is still not flawless, as we all have experiences when we get the infamous "no response for ...."  message, once you logg back in, youre often a bit backtracked, same thing happens to the locks but they get entirely reset or fuck up otherwise.

Ah, I see. Thank you!