Server time: 2019-05-24, 20:00
Sign in to follow this  
LagIsMyExcuse

Horrible RP Day

Posted (edited)

Man today was such a fail RP'ing. Usually, I don't talk about peoples bad RP, but we got stream sniped twice, the same guy kept showing up trying to modify his RP according to things I used on stream and using meta.  Then had some horrible failure robbery RP. Not posting names to call anyone out, just to educate. I wasn't the only person they did this exact same thing to today as well.

4.4 Hostile situations must focus on the role play experience of both attackers and victims. Both sides should actively participate and contribute to role play in all situations, any disputes or issues can be discussed and resolved afterwards.
As an attacker you may NOT:

Attack other players just for the sake of gear by doing a quick robbery that involves little to no role play.
Ignore your victims. You must provide an engaging role play to keep things interesting for the victims at all times.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/422577872?t=01h42m50s

Edited by LagIsMyExcuse

Hi, you need to report and take names if you feel it was bad RP, or it won't stop.

Might suck to do it, but if people think they can get away with things it will open the gates to worse rp.

Simply report mate.

Report if not for your sake, but every other community members sake.

FailRP is the only rule that is not controversial. Always report failRP regardless of the situation. 

Not only will the players involved be punished for their crimes but it will give them incentives to Roleplay better; and if they don't, they will never return to this community again.

I mean the robbery wasn't quality but nor was you wiggling around when you're tied up with guns drawn on you literally saying "Thanks for the content fellers!" while you're streaming. Perhaps look inwards before looking outwards? Report it if you feel it was that bad but honestly there were pretty clear issues on both sides from my perspective. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, YNW Jasper said:

I mean the robbery wasn't quality but nor was you wiggling around when you're tied up with guns drawn on you literally saying "Thanks for the content fellers!" while you're streaming. Perhaps look inwards before looking outwards? Report it if you feel it was that bad but honestly there were pretty clear issues on both sides from my perspective. 

When I realized what was going on in that situation and that it was a clear rule break I did not feel the need to entertain the situation any longer than I needed to.  Perhaps my actions following the initial interaction were not the best, but how is someone supposed to react to a failRP situation like that?  So if you'd like to point fingers and spread the blame, then you're free to do so.  I don't feel the need to look inward on this situation and don't regret nor would I change my opinion or reaction to this situation as I felt it was completely justified.  Thank you for the feedback though.

1 hour ago, MR Pussywhipped said:

Hi, you need to report and take names if you feel it was bad RP, or it won't stop.

Might suck to do it, but if people think they can get away with things it will open the gates to worse rp.

1 hour ago, Eagle said:

Simply report mate.

1 hour ago, Mugin said:

Report if not for your sake, but every other community members sake.

58 minutes ago, Monday said:

FailRP is the only rule that is not controversial. Always report failRP regardless of the situation. 

Not only will the players involved be punished for their crimes but it will give them incentives to Roleplay better; and if they don't, they will never return to this community again.

You guys are absolutely correct, I normally don't like moving straight to report though and give people opportunities to learn from it before repercussions.  But again, you guys are correct and I cannot argue those points.

Edited by LagIsMyExcuse

1 minute ago, LagIsMyExcuse said:

Perhaps my actions following the initial interaction were not the best, but how is someone supposed to react to a failRP situation like that? 

Not do something relatively equal in terms of RP quality in return. I used to be guilty of doing this myself but as was told to me in a verdict before; don't let the quality of RP around you make you lower your own standards. Cooler heads will prevail. If you feel they are failRPing there is no reason to give them equal in turn. 

Just now, YNW Jasper said:

Not do something relatively equal in terms of RP quality in return. I used to be guilty of doing this myself but as was told to me in a verdict before; don't let the quality of RP around you make you lower your own standards. Cooler heads will prevail. If you feel they are failRPing there is no reason to give them equal in turn. 

You're right, and looking back on my initial response from you, I agree completely.  I may just be having a bad day, to begin with, and am not looking at this rationally.  I will make a better attempt to make the best of these situations in the future.

2 minutes ago, LagIsMyExcuse said:

You're right, and looking back on my initial response from you, I agree completely.  I may just be having a bad day, to begin with, and am not looking at this rationally.  I will make a better attempt to make the best of these situations in the future.

Yeah no I get you. Took me literally years to finally get it to click and not do this in game anymore, but I feel better about myself when I don't lower my RP to other peoples standards if they're trolling or whatever the case may be. It's annoying at the moment but honestly stuff like that can bite you in the ass later on. It's better to just soldier through it and be able to say that despite your best efforts provide something quality they were still being whatever. 

Although you may feel bad for reporting if the guys who did this think that it's ok to play that way it won't stop and there will be more instances like this happening. Either talk to them in private and ask them to try out the mentor programme or give them some tips or report.

I think that if a new player breaks these kinds of rules they should not be banned but instead made or at the very least be given the option to use the mentor programme for X amount of time and if this doesn't work and they get reported again for the same thing then should be given a temp ban. Just some thoughts of mine

3 hours ago, YNW Jasper said:

This is some hella good advice.  I remember the first time I got held hostage and I didn't think the hostile RP was great.  I was salty in game and just ruined my own fun.  I regret it and think about it everytime.  Just because there is a rule break, doesn't mean lowering your own rp down should happen.

Have fun, that's what it's all about.

Happened again today, this time I got killed.

Yes, I will report this one this time.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/423002350?t=07m58s

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, LagIsMyExcuse said:

Yeah, whether he meant to kill you with a punch or not is questionable, but still... its a rule break. (If he didn't have rights)

I couldn't watch with audio (At work) but I'll give it a glance when home too to see what the RP was like. You've got me curious.

Edited by Rover

2 minutes ago, Rover said:

Yeah, whether he meant to kill you with a punch or not is questionable, but still... its a rule break. (If he didn't have rights)

I couldn't watch with audio (At work) but I'll give it a glance when home too to see what the RP was like. You've got me curious.

They showed poor RP. Really poor RP. 

1 hour ago, LagIsMyExcuse said:

He hit you with brass knuckles, I'd take that one to a report too.

1 hour ago, Deaytch said:

They showed poor RP. Really poor RP. 

Okay, got the chance to watch it.

Oof.

Honestly, if you did that 'flare robbery' to me, I would have laughed it off. But yeah. I'd hold to the report.

56 minutes ago, Rover said:

Okay, got the chance to watch it.

Oof.

Honestly, if you did that 'flare robbery' to me, I would have laughed it off. But yeah. I'd hold to the report.

Wasn't myself but yeah, agree with you.

Yeah I figure he didn't think he'd kill you with that shot, but still a dumb move, and something to report.

On a side not, Kane seems like a character I'd like to punish....er...meet in game :). Well done on your side.